Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

Haifisch posted:

I hope you don't find all these objections too objectionable. :v:

Edit: There's an update on the previous page, in case you missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
For a purported prosecuting prodigy, he sure is dumb.

Also, he apparently shares his Japanese name with the Persona 3 protagonist.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 9, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Lying Coldly is such a jam.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

For a purported prosecuting prodigy, he sure is dumb.

Also, he apparently shares his Japanese name with the Persona 3 protagonist.

Keep in mind that in Japanifornia to convict somebody you just need to arrest them on the flimsiest excuse and then the system will do the rest, barring divine Nick's intervention.
It's not an arrangement that requires actual competence (beyond dodging Nick), so I can absolutely see an amoral idiot that understands how to play the system being hailed as a prodigy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

A valid point. Doesn't help that all of the other good attorneys are dead or (seemingly?) retired. At least, I'm assuming Grossberg is retired.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

A valid point. Doesn't help that all of the other good attorneys are dead or (seemingly?) retired. At least, I'm assuming Grossberg is retired.

Nah, Grossberg is just too embarrassed to ever go near anything with Wright, Fey, or Kurain in it again.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Is it just me, or does Gumshoe's sprite have a surprising resemblance to Guts Man?

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Lying Coldly is soooooo good.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Dirk the Average posted:

Is it just me, or does Gumshoe's sprite have a surprising resemblance to Guts Man?

I always thought he looked more like Doomguy. :v:

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Dirk the Average posted:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hm. I do still wonder how Buddy winds up in the room after Sportsball Jones here messes up the files.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

Probably not the hardest dots to connect, but it made a convenient stopping point.

However, the murder weapon only shows signs of being fired once. Meaning that it is entirely possible that a second gun was used in my office tonight. But, seeing as how the killer had to steal Mr. Faith's gun...
...I doubt the killer had another gun up their sleeve.
Therefore, the second gun could've been the property of an entirely different person. Which could mean...

And the Logic continues...

...as one deduction pairs nicely with the only other bit of Logic left.

Supposing that there was yet another visitor tonight, that would also resolve the issue of why my shelves were upended twice. We know that the shelves were disturbed once before and once after the murder, so it shouldn't be much of a stretch to think that it was the work of two different people. Once by the person who stole the victim's gun and then killed him with it, and once again after the murder by our second culprit who was the owner of the second gun.

Silence

Mr. Portsman. It seems that I need to amend my assumptions regarding this case.
Great! So you've finally come to your senses.
Mr. Edgeworth!
Sir! What are you saying!?
This has been a big misunderstanding on my part from the start. I had assumed that the person I ran into was the killer, but that may not be the case.
What do you mean?
The person I ran into was just your average thief.
A thief...? but, sir doesn't that cause some sort of contradiction in the facts?
Not at all. It simply means that the killer was someone else. And it means that in actuality, two culprits stole into my office tonight!
Wh-What do you mean TWO!?
It explains both why my shelves were disturbed twice and how there were two guns.

:siren: Confess the Truth 2009 :siren:

Now you're just leading the argument. You still don't have any actual proof, you know!
If you could please go along with my hypothetical scenario for now, Mr. Portsman. In the end, if you really are innocent, you should have nothing to worry about.
Grr...!
Now then, returning to my scenario, Mr. Portsman was out to steal something from me, which is why he checked my secret safe and ransacked my shelves. This is the first time.
So then...this would be when the files were put back in the wrong order, right?
Correct. And then, just when he was about to look somewhere else...

But why did Mr. Faith come into your room, sir?
He probably had business with Mr. Portsman, which is why he was in the area. But that's when he noticed sounds coming from my office would be my guess.
Oh! Because you were supposed to be away, right!?
And he must've thought it was odd, so he came into this office to check it out!
Correct. And as a detective, that was the right thing to do.

But Mr. Portsman was not so merciful as to let him leave alive. He waited for a chance and stole Mr. Faith's gun from him, and then...!

Following that, Mr. Portsman wiped down the gun and left it behind as he made his exit.

You're such a complicated troublemaker, you know that!?
Well, if things were as simple as that, then all would be solved. However...there was yet another visitor to my room, and this is where it gets complicated.
There was another...?
...Visitor, sir?
Yes, and this other person's objective was also to steal something from me. Now then, even after Mr. Portsman left, the door to my office remained unlocked. However, this new visitor had no way of knowing that, and so they stole the master key from the security guard's room and then entered my room and searched through my shelves. This was the second time they were disturbed, and it seems the thief found their prize.
The stolen 0 file, right, sir!?
Correct. Only, just as the thief was about to leave with the file, I appeared.

So the shelves getting messed up twice and the two bullets...It was all because two different people were doing those things at two different times!
Precisely. So now do you see, Mr. Portsman? The person I met was just a thief, and was not, in fact, Mr. Faith's killer!
Your alibi for the time frame in which I ran into the other person is now irrelevant, because we now know that the murder took place during the first culprit's visit!

Silence

What's so funny, pal!?
Absolutely splendid! Your scenario explains everything!
Of course it does! It's Mr. Edgeworth, after all!
But you know, it still doesn't change the fact that it's all circumstantial.
!

Suspense

Supposing if, and that's a big "if", your theory is right...it would indeed render my alibi, which has withstood scrutiny, mind you, irrelevant.
But there is still one defining point of your argument for which you have no evidence. Your supposition that I was the "first visitor".
Grrrrrrr! Mr. Edgeworth! You can't let him get away with that, sir!
.........But he has a point. I have absolutely no proof at this point.
Don't say that, sir...
I-I don't believe this! Don't worry Maggey, I'll do something if I must!
You know something? I find your attitude to be somewhat peculiar, Mr. Edgeworth. If the person you met really was just a plain ol' thief, then why is that person not your main suspect? That is, if your theory is correct.

:siren: Confrontation ~ Presto 2009 :siren:

That thief you ran into should be your real suspect, wouldn't you say?
We should be out there looking for that thief right now. They might still be nearby.
I hate to repeat myself, but as I've already said, I was training in my room.
And when Jim came to deliver some evidence to me, I was down at Criminal Affairs.
So I can't be expected to know what happened around here after I left.

Of course! Now isn't the time to be wasting time on dead-end discussions!
I don't think it's at all "dead-ended". I find your alibi to be fascinating. Let's continue where we left off, shall we?
(I know he's lying. I know he was here, at the scene of the crime. I just have to find a way to prove it.)

Actually, no, I wouldn't.
Wh-Why not?
That's elementary. The dying message, of course. Mr. Faith's killer very clearly left those letters on the spines of those files... And it was after they were on there that the thief stole one of them.
You mean the 0 files, right!?
And that's how we also know the letters themselves were a set-up, and not from Mr. Faith. If the thief was the killer, do you think they would try to undermine themselves?
Aaaah!
Err, maybe the killer just didn't think of that either? Yes, that must be it! Maybe, just maybe...

Once escaped, I highly doubt a thief would linger nearby.
Well, you never know. Maybe they didn't get what they were really after.
Oh? You talk like you know quite a bit about this thief.
Ah, it's nothing like that! I have no idea about anything. After all...

But according to Mr. Faith's note...
Hold on, I thought we already cleared that up. Didn't we say that Jim left that note for me in the early evening? If you have proof that he left it at a different time, say, just before he was murdered...
...I don't have any, no.
You see! So I insist again that I was in my office the entire time...

Why didn't you go there with Ji... Mr. Faith?
Ah, that's because he was tired and was going to take a quick nap. You know those sofas in the hallway? He likes to sleep on those. It's one of his habits.
And what of the evidence he brought?
They were related to yesterday's case. Just two items: a gun and a pendant.
(...Interesting. This piece of testimony seems too crucial to let slip through the cracks.)

This statement is added by the previous Press.

A gun and a pendant...?

And why were you taking them to Criminal Affairs?
There was something in a past case file I wanted to compare these two to. But all this has nothing to do with this case right now. Anyway, I believe you'll find the long paper trail I left to be to your satisfaction.
(Hmm, this is all matching up with what Detective Gumshoe found out...)

I can't expect you to know, can I?
Nope. But I guess you can expect me to take a guess based on logical deductions.
Oh? Then let's see you deduce.

For the purpose of sneaking into your room, of course. And that's when Ms. Byrde caught him red-handed...and the murder occurred. It's all exactly as I had laid out earlier.

And loop.

(I know he's lying. I know he was here, at the scene of the crime. I just have to find a way to prove it.)

Two pieces of evidence, you say?

E-Excuse me?
You fail as a prosecutor, Mr. Portsman, as you intend to keep evidence hidden from me.

Pursuit ~ Lying Coldly

What are you talking about? I-I haven't hidden anything from you...
Well, here's a piece I think you should read. Carefully.

Yes, and this is the victim's real dying message to you, Mr. Portsman.
He...! I can't believe...! To get tripped up by simple arithmetic!

...I...It's...
You have it, don't you? Only the guilty would make such a face. Detective Gumshoe!

This is all part of the investigation, PAL, so don't even think about stopping me!

Confess the Truth 2009

Despite what you said, it would appear that you do have something to hide.
But why would he hide something like that!?
Hmph. There's only one reason why anyone would hide evidence of this caliber. Because it would unequivocally point to that person himself as the real killer.
.........Nnngh...
Let's examine this video tape in a little more detail! For the section of the tape that will drive the last nail into his coffin!

There's only two things to examine on this tape, the first of which is the label:

That's a police case number, sir! Does that mean this video is evidence from that case?
Interesting...However, what's recorded on this isn't what's important right now. Let's give the casing a thorough once over.

And more importantly, hidden on the back of the tape...

Yes, and I believe this is what the "good prosecutor" was trying to hide from us!

You mean, this might be Detective Faith's blood!?
...N-N-N-N-No! No! You've got it all wrong!
Hmph, no amount of denial can save you. We have but to run a blood test to find the truth.
Nnngh...
You told us that you had received evidence from the victim earlier. Now you will tell us when and how did the victim's blood find its way onto this video.
Yeah! It's totally suspicious!
Was it at the moment of his death!? Did Detective Faith have this video tape on his personage when you killed him!?
You know very well there's no way to prove that!
Not even if we were to examine this tape for fingerprints?
Gnaagh!
If I had to take a guess...

:siren: Solution! ~ Splendid Deduction :siren:

Mr. Portsman has been placed under arrest for the murder of Detective Buddy Faith, sir!
Very good.
And the results we got back from the lab techs on the tape turned out to be real solid, sir! The bloodwork came back, and it was definitely Mr. Faith's blood on there. And as a bonus, they were able to lift a few of Mr. Faith's fingerprints as well!
Thank you so very much, Mr. Edgeworth! I still can't believe I got to see your cool deduction skills outside the courtroom! I'm impressed beyond words, sir!
It was nothing. I'm just sorry you got caught up in a murder in my office.

Aww, it was nothing. Really. Compared to what I've been through, I mean! I consider myself lucky that it was only a burglary and a murder this time, sir!
If it had been a hold-up, or a hostage situation, I'd have thrown my hands up in the air.
I think I'm finally rising up from a "Goddess of Misfortune" to just an "Unlucky Person"!
(Something tells me we should have hired a different person for security detail...)

And why would you say he was "corrupt"?
Well, I heard that there were a number of suspicious things related to his court cases. There's even rumors about how some of the evidence he uses is forged, sir.
(Forged evidence, huh...)
And they say he even decided not to prosecute a few cases for some really vague reasons.
Oooh! That guy was a complete disgrace to the entire profession!
We never did get around to asking what his reason was for breaking into my office.
Yeah... Whenever we got near that topic, he just clammed up.
(Although, we can be pretty certain that it was to steal something.)
This is just between you and me, sir, but...there's a rumor that some sort of huge organization is involved behind the scenes.
Oh? Well, well...

...It would seem that we haven't heard the last of this.

Silence

Huh?! Then Mr. Portsman isn't the bad guy!?
I didn’t say that. But rather, that there are still many more mysteries for us to solve.

The correct answer is the stolen file, but presenting something wrong gets a tiny bit more dialogue for the same result.

Um, sir... I don't think there's any mystery left to that piece...
You...might be right there...
I think you've solved the case already, Mr. Edgeworth. The only thing left that we still don't know about is maybe this.

The person who stole this file... the other villain of the night...
...Yeah, I wonder who it was?
And what happened to the stolen pages?

Yes?
Forensics: I came across this while I was processing your office earlier, sir.

It's not just any bird...it is the mark of the raven. A three-legged raven.

Oh! It's about that thing, isn't it? That Great Thief everyone's talking about?

Yes, it is the mark of the Great Thief "Yatagarasu"! Under the mark of a legendary bird, the Yatagarasu is noble to the end, a modern Robin Hood.

:siren: Yatagarasu ~ The Noble Thief Dancing in the Dark Night :siren:

Though we don't know much about this thief's ultimate goal, we do know the targets.

The theft is always performed in silence and always with perfection. Once a target is chosen, no dramatic calling card or announcement is sent forth. Instead, the chosen corporation is infiltrated without even the target noticing. Some days later, the evidence that was found is sent out to the mass media...

Although, it has been a while since the Yatagarasu's last appearance...
Hey, Mr. Edgeworth! Look, something's written on the back!
What? Let me see!

(So the person who stole the contents of the file was the Yatagarasu...?)

...for they were heralded by the incidents that began to occur two days ago.

Jingle ~ Slight Break

You read that right. One of the weirder decisions this game makes is having the cases be severely out of chronological order. Cases 2, 3, and 4 all happen before case 1!

Speaking of case 2...

1: Updates will start coming slightly slower. I found a textdump for case 1, and only case 1. That means I have to type everything up myself from now on.

2:

Some foolish fool put minor spoilers in the chapter image! :monocle:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
FOOLS! :argh:

It's unusual for an Ace Attorney game to put the cases out of order but narratively it makes sense here. After all, Gumshoe would love to know what Edgeworth got up to while he was away! And why be told something when you can play it!?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It might be worth trying out OCR for the rest of the game's cases. It didn't work out for my Wild Arms LP due to the font the game uses, but AA seems to have a fairly plain font, so it could work for you. I had written a Windows batch file that would process every image in a directory with ImageMagick to get the image to what I needed it to be (cropped down and filtered so that the text was black on a pure white background) and then it would run GOCR on them.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Great LP so far Haifisch. When I played AAI and heard the Presto theme for the first time I was floored. A third cross-examination theme, and this one being the "you got this, one more rebuttal to slam it home" was wonderful. I thought future games would all have a third CE theme but then we just went back to Allegros after AAI2. What a shame.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Presto music is great.

Edgeworth telling Portsman "you fail" is great.

Why is Edgeworth so quotable?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Commander Keene posted:

It might be worth trying out OCR for the rest of the game's cases. It didn't work out for my Wild Arms LP due to the font the game uses, but AA seems to have a fairly plain font, so it could work for you. I had written a Windows batch file that would process every image in a directory with ImageMagick to get the image to what I needed it to be (cropped down and filtered so that the text was black on a pure white background) and then it would run GOCR on them.
I tried OCR in a previous LP and wasn't impressed(spent more time fixing its mistakes than I would have used just typing it from scratch), although I'm also too much of a cheapskate to pay for an actually good one.

I've done two :words:y LPs typing everything by hand before, surely it'll be fine again. :shepface:

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

Haifisch posted:

1: Updates will start coming slightly slower. I found a textdump for case 1, and only case 1. That means I have to type everything up myself from now on.

Oh good lord, what have you gotten yourself into? :ohdear:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Upon checking the wiki, there is indeed only a text dump for Turnabout Visitor. Odd.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

This song is so good, and so is the equivalent one from the sequel. I don't know why they haven't brought back these types of tunes in the mainline games yet, they're perfect for 'final testimony' kinda situations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Considering there's a full fan-translation of the second AAI game out there, dumping the script of the first one in a usable manner should be easy enough. I did that for the first three or four games once, maybe we can just reuse that?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Slightly smoother Jacques breakdown I quickly threw together with Gooncam (had to eliminate a bunch of sparkling and screenshaking to get under the Lpix file limit):

He just looks so happy falling down.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Considering there's a full fan-translation of the second AAI game out there, dumping the script of the first one in a usable manner should be easy enough. I did that for the first three or four games once, maybe we can just reuse that?
And how exactly does this scriptdump script work? Asking for a friend. :v:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
For the older games? I forget exactly, I'd have to look it up, but what it boils down to is unpacking the DS games' filesystem and running the linked tool on the script files. Do you need those or do you want AAI, or all?

I took a stab at AAI and that format is completely different unfortunately. Pulling the text out seems to be easy enough (it's in the overlay files, FYI), but they're in a completely random order within a scene. I assume something else points at them. You'd think there'd be resources for this stuff with an existing fan-translation of the second game...

Basic parsing code: https://github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/HyoutaTools/blob/master/Other/AceAttorneyInvestigationsScriptDump/Dumper.cs

Example: https://pastebin.com/w1UucZUR

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 12, 2018

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
And the Yatagarasu had a cop revolver? Or was ballistics inconclusive in the matter of that gun?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Glazius posted:

And the Yatagarasu had a cop revolver? Or was ballistics inconclusive in the matter of that gun?
I mean, this is the Ace Attorney universe; they probably checked the bullet in Buddy and then just assumed that the one in the wall was from the same gun, despite that making no goddamn sense. There's a reason Edgeworth's Lawyer Superpower is basic logic.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

For the older games? I forget exactly, I'd have to look it up, but what it boils down to is unpacking the DS games' filesystem and running the linked tool on the script files. Do you need those or do you want AAI, or all?

I took a stab at AAI and that format is completely different unfortunately. Pulling the text out seems to be easy enough (it's in the overlay files, FYI), but they're in a completely random order within a scene. I assume something else points at them. You'd think there'd be resources for this stuff with an existing fan-translation of the second game...

Basic parsing code: https://github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/HyoutaTools/blob/master/Other/AceAttorneyInvestigationsScriptDump/Dumper.cs

Example: https://pastebin.com/w1UucZUR
Hmm. Having to sort everything back into order would probably take longer than just typing the drat thing by hand. Thanks for trying, anyway.

I guess there's a reason only the first case of this game has a transcript. :v:

Commander Keene posted:

There's a reason Edgeworth's Lawyer Superpower is basic logic.
So basic that the logic in this past update was "if Portsman couldn't have been here when I met the thief, and the gun we found was only fired once, that means there was a second person with a second gun! And this also explains why my files were ransacked twice!".

And this still puts Edgeworth leagues ahead of everyone around him, somehow.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Edgeworth puts in the effort while the police just go with whoever is most convenient.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mraagvpeine posted:

Edgeworth puts in the effort while the police just go with whoever is most convenient.
I'm pretty sure they just arrest the first person they see on the scene. Edgeworth was only safe in this instance because they trust every prosecutor unconditionally no matter what they say or how suspicious they look, unless another prosecutor is the one pointing the finger.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

In retrospect, I’m surprised that Portsman didn’t even try to deflect by saying that the murder weapon could still have been partially reloaded. Or that the thief/“killer” could’ve just brought two guns along for whatever reason.

...Or maybe not still be carrying the piece of evidence that has the victim’s blood on it, when he has a place he could safely hide it away in.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Regalingualius posted:

In retrospect, I’m surprised that Portsman didn’t even try to deflect by saying that the murder weapon could still have been partially reloaded. Or that the thief/“killer” could’ve just brought two guns along for whatever reason.

...Or maybe not still be carrying the piece of evidence that has the victim’s blood on it, when he has a place he could safely hide it away in.

Yeah, but then he'd just have the misfortune of running into a certain spiky haired lawyer in the courtroom when he tried to prosecute the case.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Portsman is REALLY dumb.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
He's a First Killer, comes with the territory.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Portsman is REALLY dumb.

Case in point, he first tried to frame Gumshoe (and everyone at the precinct knows Edge comes at you with the fury of Von Karma if you need with G) and then Maggey (she has Nick on speed dial).

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Commander Keene posted:

I mean, this is the Ace Attorney universe; they probably checked the bullet in Buddy and then just assumed that the one in the wall was from the same gun, despite that making no goddamn sense. There's a reason Edgeworth's Lawyer Superpower is basic logic.

They haven't actually checked ANY of the bullets yet because the gun is still sitting there on the floor and Buddy's body is still leaning against the bookcase with the bullet inside him (it has to be removed during autopsy) up until the case is over. Edgeworth was guessing Buddy's gun was the murder weapon because it was sitting there with a bullet missing and Portsman knows it's the murder weapon (because he used it) so he isn't going to bother with arguments that'll just get contradicted by ballistics later.

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 13, 2018

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Right, but by the time they’d have sorted the kerfluffle of whose bullets were whose, he would’ve had a head start on either getting his rear end out of Dodge, or trying to think up some “airtight” explanation.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Regalingualius posted:

Right, but by the time they’d have sorted the kerfluffle of whose bullets were whose, he would’ve had a head start on either getting his rear end out of Dodge, or trying to think up some “airtight” explanation.
He's a prosecutor prodigy, he already had an airtight explanation.

And then Edgeworth got involved and showed him how it's done.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Why is everyone a prosecuting prodigy. Why can't they be medical prodigies or math prodigies, you'd think super geniuses would not go into public service as a prosecutor. Though, given how easily our genius prosecutor got caught I wonder if there's a lower standard for precocity in Japanifornia.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

kw0134 posted:

Though, given how easily our genius prosecutor got caught I wonder if there's a lower standard for precocity in Japanifornia.

Reminder: Basic Logic is a superpower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

kw0134 posted:

Though, given how easily our genius prosecutor got caught I wonder if there's a lower standard for precocity in Japanifornia.

Maggey Byrde was hired on as a security guard for the prosecutors' offices. One can imply that's because the only one better for such a job is Wendy Oldbag, and like hell Edgeworth would let her get that close to where he spends most of his time.

Meaning that miss Terminally Unlucky And Has Been Framed For Murder Three Times is your second-best choice for security. Ruminate on that.