Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Hey, don't diss the Pokemon Lab. You could use the storage feature to transfer your Game Boy Pokemon to a new save file, which was neat and meant you could do stuff like get all three starters with minimal effort. Of course, you can also complete the Gym Leader Castle multiple times if you're some sort of masochist.

Also, yeah, the Game Boy Tower's emulator isn't super great but back in the day it was a really good way to play Pokemon on the big screen especially for those of us who didn't want to buy a Game Boy for one game (sure the Super Game Boy existed, but who was using that thing in 2000? I no longer even had a Super NES at that point), and it even had two speedup options for grinding. I never encountered any issues with the Transfer Pak either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Ephraim225 posted:

I own a copy of that and Japanese Blue. Don't you have to do something with the console or cartridge to make it fit in the slot?
You can swap the back of the Japanese cart with one from a US cart to make it fit in the slot. Maybe you can also modify the slot itself like you could with the SNES (where all you needed to play Super Famicom games on a US system was to grab a pair of pliers and pull out a couple of plastic tabs from the back of the cartridge slot), but I haven't looked into that.

I think the Japanese carts are the same shape as PAL ones, so they should fit in that version of the system but won't play because of the whole 50/60Hz issue.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I think Blaine's Magmar was the end of my best Gym Leader Castle runs back in the day. I was using a mix of rental Pokemon and my own Game Boy critters, and because I was a dumb idiot child I hadn't built up my GB Pokemon very well.

I did manage to at least win the Prime Cup!