Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Who What Now posted:

He did not. If you take it as apriori that he is logically correct then any evidence to the contrary must therefore be invalid. :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Welcome to CSPAM, friends!

oh thank christ

*clicks remove bookmark*

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ban commie ned flanders

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ban commie ned flanders

But then how would we laugh at him?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Who What Now posted:

But then how would we laugh at him?

Aatrek's been banned for years and people still laugh at him.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
gently caress, I can't argue with that.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I've been waiting for one of these GBS fash apologist threads to get moved to CSPAM for a while, too bad all the losers with brownshirts in their closet chickened out immediately haha

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I thought the whole point of moving this thread here was to punish the CHUDs. Yet there's been no CHUD punishment. What the hell, C-SPAM?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I thought the whole point of moving this thread here was to punish the CHUDs. Yet there's been no CHUD punishment. What the hell, C-SPAM?

lazy mods!!!!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Al! posted:

lazy mods!!!!

:sad:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Never believe that GBS nazis are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The GBS nazis have the right to play.

They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thus, by a continuous shitposting of rhetorical focus

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to debate Ben Shapiro next time I see him. Gonna debate him with both hands

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The thing with all these IDW dorks is they're just overgrown nerds and rather than trying to reason with them we should just go straight to bullying. Imagine getting up on stage with Jordan Peterson and instead of saying anything you just give him a wedgie so bad the fire department have to come with the jaws of life

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wedgies aren't sufficient for these dudes, they need the full swirly experience too.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crane Fist posted:

The thing with all these IDW dorks is they're just overgrown nerds and rather than trying to reason with them we should just go straight to bullying. Imagine getting up on stage with Jordan Peterson and instead of saying anything you just give him a wedgie so bad the fire department have to come with the jaws of life

I wanna get into a formal structured debate with him, and during every rebutal period after her rambles on about nothing for twenty minutes just lean right into the microphone and say "That's retarded" and then look him straight in the eye for the remainder of the time.

It's the only kind of debate he deserves.

Who What Now has issued a correction as of 02:53 on Jun 25, 2018

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They stopped posting the moment the thread moved here, because they are pissy little cowards who only shoot their mouths off when they know they'll never have to own up to it.

Al! posted:

lazy mods!!!!

Also this.

Who What Now posted:

I wanna get into a formal structured debate with him, and during every rebutal period after her rambles on about nothing for twenty minutes just lean right into the microphone and say "That's retarded" and then look him straight in the eye for the remainder of the time.

It's the only kind of debate he deserves.

There's a bit Henry Rollins did recent on a panel discussion he was on back in the 90s about the New York alt music scene, attended by Leonard Cohen and other luminaries who really know their poo poo. At one point, he recalls someone answering a question with a very abstract, intellectual point about the nature of music and art and beauty that basically no one in the audience could fathom, only to have Lemmy lean over to the mic a second later and say "what a bunch of bullshit."

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 03:26 on Jun 25, 2018

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
it's cool that commie ned flanders, like the intellectual dark web, doesn't know what post-modernism is

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

We must not allow a discourse gap

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

good to see that like the intellectual darkweb, the chuds posting earlier in this thread have no clue how to operate in an environment that is actually hostile to their stupid ideas

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the best part about posting itt even though its dead is you know commie ned flanders is still reading it

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell is this gibbis trash doing here

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Crane Fist posted:

I'm going to debate Ben Shapiro next time I see him. Gonna debate him with both hands

Wanna debate his sisters huge cans

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Captain_Maclaine posted:

They stopped posting the moment the thread moved here, because they are pissy little cowards who only shoot their mouths off when they know they'll never have to own up to it.

Also this.

There's a bit Henry Rollins did recent on a panel discussion he was on back in the 90s about the New York alt music scene, attended by Leonard Cohen and other luminaries who really know their poo poo. At one point, he recalls someone answering a question with a very abstract, intellectual point about the nature of music and art and beauty that basically no one in the audience could fathom, only to have Lemmy lean over to the mic a second later and say "what a bunch of bullshit."

That rules, Lemmy rules, Hank has had the most interesting life possible that doesn't involve horrible tragedy happening non-stop and it rules

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

rudatron posted:

an excuse to punish commie ned flanders

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
One time Henry Rollins was at an art show that his friend (who designed the black flag logo) had some pieces in, and he ran into David Lee Roth who apparently is exactly the persona people are familiar with, all the time, and who when Henry told him he had seen them play a while back, pulled a tall boy out of his jacket, popped it open, and started reciting like ticket sales and talking about a show from ten years ago like it was last night

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
but yes gibbis people gtfo you suck

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

rudatron posted:

Turn on your monitor

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

One time Henry Rollins was at an art show that his friend (who designed the black flag logo) had some pieces in, and he ran into David Lee Roth who apparently is exactly the persona people are familiar with, all the time, and who when Henry told him he had seen them play a while back, pulled a tall boy out of his jacket, popped it open, and started reciting like ticket sales and talking about a show from ten years ago like it was last night

that actually makes me like david lee roth more

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I for one welcome the chuds with open arms, and fists full of bricks

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Al! posted:

that actually makes me like david lee roth more

Skip to about 5:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5mGVjcSt1M

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

This was on page 6

Which leads to some awful bizarro thread which is where I found

Blazing Ownager posted:

You are one of about 10 really noisy posters that are all a lockstep gang with this poo poo. Every single thread it's the same small number of you circle jerking over the same talking points. Sure, I keep repeating the same thing but it's only in response trying to, you know, temper the crazy coming the other way. If you keep saying the same thing, the response isn't likely to change much.

Honestly at this point I think anyone is getting tired of this gang might need to go to Lowtax directly since for some reason we have at least one mod throwing fuel on the fire rather than trying to put it out. poo poo feels very off the rails.

And

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Blazing Ownager posted:

A bunch of people screaming for the death of all white people in ways that get increasingly less jokey and more grating has nothing to do with pride.

It has to do with hate. It's hosed up and to make matters worse, it's this kind of thing that's destroying the left, which while everyone wants to label me a centrist, I still believe in.

This is basically my point, in all seriousness. The righteousness and zealotry that has infested "leftist" politics -- while always being there to some extent -- is manifested in a naked display of lust for control and power. There is no fundamental difference between communism and fascism at their extremes -- in the end, individual liberty is stifled, and the tyranny of the "majority" -- which is in fact a ruling minority, as it is always -- is enacted upon everyone.

You see now what Something Awful has become. You see the culture before you -- an abattoir of the most vile, unrepentent hatred and vitriol. Where a savage desire to appear progressive and forward-thinking has overtaken not just common courtesy, decency and sense, but has eroded any appearance of "humor" in favor of endless bullying, harassment and barbs. Where the most wretched of people act with impunity and those who call for compromise are branded traitors.

There is no discourse here, Ownager. There is no reason, no rhetoric nor is there a want for it. Under the current leadership this is exactly what SA has become -- a festering pit of shrieking, howling malcontents who hate themselves and the world so much that they care only for whatever excuse they can seize to destroy it. They don't care about solutions, about fact or reason. They only care about "owning" you and anyone who disagrees, anyone who does not step in line, anyone who objects to the common order.

This is what the left has become.

Maybe it's what it has always been.

I saw this years ago, I experienced this vitriol when it was once contained to D&D. Now see it has spread like a cancer, and what is the result? People abandon this website in droves. They flee and do not return and what was once valued in the millions is now an empty vessel making the loudest of sounds. This is the result.

If Lowtax still hears our prayers, he should intervene. He is the only one who can save this place -- if he even cares to.

I know it's gauche like shooting very slow fish in a barrel but them organizing/egging each other on to tattle to lowtax is p funny

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

comrade roth

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

On further reading that thread is sad as hell and I don't recommend anybody read it also Jose they're onto your antiwhite bias and your days are numbered

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what i like best about this is that these cowards get punished constantly 4 posting in gbs but get punished there for things they would get away with in cspam, they're just afraid of having their opinions actually confronted and mocked

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wonr someone think of the white people whinges a man who isn't racist

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

you can get away with anything in C-SPAM, except being a thin skinned retard

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Al! posted:

what i like best about this is that these cowards get punished constantly 4 posting in gbs but get punished there for things they would get away with in cspam, they're just afraid of having their opinions actually confronted and mocked

they get confronted in gbs too but those posts just bounce back from their impenetrably dense minds and do nothing

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Al! posted:

the best part about posting itt even though its dead is you know commie ned flanders is still reading it

i think zdr set commie ned flanders to not be able to read cspam lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i think zdr set commie ned flanders to not be able to read cspam lol

lol nope he can fully read and post in cspam per zdr

Zen Death Robot posted:

The only thing stopping you from posting there is your fear of getting dinged if you post like a crazy person or recommend Mien Kampf if you want your mind blown.

he's just a coward who's just pretending he's not allowed to post here

• Locked thread