Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jim Barris posted:

You post in this lofty way that makes you sound like a sanctimonious weirdo.

I just watched a few minutes of the video and it seems like a perfectly reasonable sounding guy who doesn't even seem to be a right winger trying to have a conservation and a bunch of idiots smugly trolling and making a ton of noise

It reminds me a lot of the forums these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Alt right morons never dunk on anybody but themselves. An infant could dunk on Ben Shapiro.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Alt right morons never dunk on anybody but themselves. An infant could dunk on Ben Shapiro.

Let's all come together in peace and the belief that Shapiro is an idiot

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Mega64 posted:

What does God's jizz even look like?

You ever go outside on a starry night and look up? That cloudy band of stars that stretches all across the sky, called the Milky Way? That's it. That is God's jizz.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Zodium posted:

the future is actually going to revolve around my rear end and its gonna be gloprious

yes yes things tend to orbit objects of immense mass

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mooey Cow posted:

You ever go outside on a starry night and look up? That cloudy band of stars that stretches all across the sky, called the Milky Way? That's it. That is God's jizz.

That's Hera's milk from when she tried to breastfeed Heracles

No wonder she's so pissed, cucked by Zeus AGAIN

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly I don't know who this guy is but I have to give him major props for staying calm, watching like 10 minutes of it makes me wish someone would napalm the protestors

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

You know none of this is in good faith if you have to blame "the left"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

You know none of this is in good faith if you have to blame "the left"

What are you supposed to call the douche bag protestors exactly? People freak out about every possible label. We've already had like three threads where a everyone tries to pretend these sorts of people don't exist.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mooey Cow posted:

whoa

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

What are you supposed to call the douche bag protestors exactly? People freak out about every possible label. We've already had like three threads where a everyone tries to pretend these sorts of people don't exist.

good, sensible people

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

Protestors?

I don't know how they are supposed to represent "da left" other than the obvious scapegoat of "people who care about things I don't care about"

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

You can agree the speakers are bad and the protestors are annoying but also the speakers are worse and the left is still better than the right

Verisimilidude has issued a correction as of 14:18 on Jun 23, 2018

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
commie nedflanders is an evil wizard trying to bring us against each other

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So this is the point where I don't know if this is some elaborate joke or not, but the idea that "da left" needs its own Ben Shapiro is honestly insulting

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Blazing Ownager posted:

What are you supposed to call the douche bag protestors exactly?

Patriot is a good term for them.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Jordan Peterson is such a flimsy "intellectual" lol if your baby turtle brain mistakes his disco ball intellect for something approaching enlightened wisdom

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Is that from a DnD book?

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

They're Maps

Maps Of Meaning

according to him these are the underlying societal archetypes steering our development as a species

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

im the dragon of chaos :twisted:

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Its so easy to work GBS into a tizzy, OP. Watch this: Cops actually are cool and good.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zodium posted:

cool

I'm the Unbearable Present

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Verisimilidude posted:

You can agree the speakers are bad and the protestors are annoying but also the speakers are worse and the left is still better than the right

:emptyquote:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bholder posted:

So this is the point where I don't know if this is some elaborate joke or not, but the idea that "da left" needs its own Ben Shapiro is honestly insulting

the funniest thing is him thinking he can use "facts don't care about your feelings" as his catchphrase.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I just watched a few minutes of the video and it seems like a perfectly reasonable sounding guy who doesn't even seem to be a right winger trying to have a conservation and a bunch of idiots smugly trolling and making a ton of noise

Groovelord Neato has issued a correction as of 15:15 on Jun 23, 2018

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

central dogma posted:

Its so easy to work GBS into a tizzy, OP. Watch this: Cops actually are cool and good.

check this out : they're doing a necessary and dangerous job, and they deserve not just your respect but the respect of all GBS

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Bholder posted:

the right doesn't even need the ben shapiro they have, maybe they'll lend it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'd prefer three ben shapiros in a trench coat so he can at least get into a movie.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I like that JP is a guy who thinks he’s good at a lot of stuff. It’s good to be confident in yourself. Because he’s like that, he thinks Egyptians somehow intrinsically knew about DNA as a double helix. He’s real loving dumb.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Where are my loving dumb lefties? Our movement will never survive unless we too can have our own Trump.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

Zodium posted:

nice

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I’ll draw a picture for the first person who watches the video in full

I watched it in full last week. Give me abs in my picture please.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'd prefer three ben shapiros in a trench coat so he can at least get into a movie.

uhhh i worked in a movie theater and if a guy came in that was 8 feet tall and struggling for balance it would raise some suspicion

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider
i dont trust li,ke that

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Ligament posted:

uhhh i worked in a movie theater and if a guy came in that was 8 feet tall and struggling for balance it would raise some suspicion

if i were you i wouldn't stop him or you'd come home after your shift to three separate 3.5 hour youtube videos titled "lefty usher DESTROYED at the cinema concession stand"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

it''s not worth it, just let him watch star wars or whatever

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

down n out posted:

Isn’t that repeating the same slogans over and over to drown out any discourse and long form discussion?
lol discourse and long form discussion = circlejerking and masturbation, and the people who think they prize it are full time slogan screamers.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's upsetting that ben shapiro's sister is hot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY_LG8JpCL8

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Saint Drogo posted:

it's hard to compete with an ideology whose pandering feels like a nice slow handy for your retard chimp brain tbh.

Yeah, these right wingers should start using logic for once

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dave rubin is a towering intellect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqJrs6l8kpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Blazing Ownager posted:

Honestly I don't know who this guy is but I have to give him major props for staying calm, watching like 10 minutes of it makes me wish someone would napalm the protestors

the thing you don't get about public discourse is the same thing you didn't get in the Roseanne thread. there is no issue of legitimate debate in regards to Nazism, consetvativism, etc. they are dead ideas that belong in the dustbin of history. they have already been debated. universities aren't considered liberal because the Marxist professors brainwashed the students - it is because right wing ideas cannot withstand intellectual rigor.

the 'free market of ideas' can totally work. it already has worked, and that's why being a Nazi is no longer acceptable. there is no need to debate it any further. anyone who wants to debate these ideas further only desires to do so in bad faith. so you do not need to give Nazi scum a platform in the interest of fairness.

this is not a first amendment issue. no one's being arrested for thinking something. if dumb fucks who think Nazism is a smart idea they can debate it in a private arena deigned for people who are stupid (fox news, stormfront). but we absolutely do not need to tolerate this retarded poo poo in the street or in a learning institution. we don't need to tolerate a speaker from nambla who wants to normalize being a pedo, either.

and if you say that I'm right in principle but that I'll scare away moderates who would otherwise become progressives but were just on the fence about Nazism... well I think you can hear how ridiculous that sounds.

• Locked thread