Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

deregulation is good! *global economy totally collapsed a decade ago due to regulation*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Groovelord Neato posted:

deregulation is good! *global economy totally collapsed a decade ago due to regulation*

this is p much what right wingers believe tho

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Main Paineframe posted:

good, sensible people

On what planet are screaming babies with no argument beyond dumb slogans and a whole lot of self-righteous smug sensible people?

Bholder posted:

I don't know how they are supposed to represent "da left" other than the obvious scapegoat of "people who care about things I don't care about"

Jesus. I'm definitely left leaning but yeah people are wrecking the left because to anyone not really into drinking their kool-aid they look like colossal tools.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Patriot is a good term for them.

See I think the forums are kind of infested with screaming babies that want to air horn out anyone they don't like and be obnoxious, and that's why they refuse to admit these obnoxious people are real and/or common.

Like.. if you sympathize with these people you are sympathizing with the people the vast majority of people see as smug shitheads because, well, they're smug shitheads. I don't know anything about the guy talking but it seems like they could have actually had a question or something besides their stupid slogan chants.

Blazing Ownager has issued a correction as of 16:32 on Jun 23, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

blazing getting-owned-ager.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

this is p much what right wingers believe tho

i know. they are profoundly stupid and no amount of debate will get through to them. it's like debating a religious person.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

D&D sprung a leak and it's like the sewer is pouring into GBS, to be honest.

Anyone who sympathizes with people that hate communication and only speak in slogans or WokeSpeak (TM) salad are part of the problem.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

i know. they are profoundly stupid and no amount of debate will get through to them. it's like debating a religious person.

This is precisely the same, at present time, speaking to anyone who strongly believes in any political ideology.

To both the extreme left and right, it's a religion

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

The only reason the “intellectual” dark web is even possibly “winning” is because 99% of people are selfish morons

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

This is precisely the same, at present time, speaking to anyone who strongly believes in any political ideology.

To both the extreme left and right, it's a religion

reality has a left-wing "bias".

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Verisimilidude posted:

The only reason the “intellectual” dark web is even possibly “winning” is because 99% of people are selfish morons

No it's because the "good guys" are obnoxious children who can't hold a conversation and want the government to censor everything like 1980s Republicans

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I’ll draw a picture for the first person who watches the video in full

Your art skills suck, so this is really more of a threat than an incentive.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

reality has a left-wing "bias".

Had. HAD a left-wing bias.

There's a lot of good in what was the left. I'm still very much left, frankly.

But the kinds of people who were in that video, and posting in the forum supporting them (while also acting like they're not common, which they are) I sure as gently caress don't support. That's not being left-wing in the ways that matter, that's being a fuckhead who wants the world censored for them and can't hold a conversation or dismantle an argument so just chant some stupid bullshit, never listen to anyone and insisting everything they don't like is evil incarnate.

In short, the left and the far left are barely the same thing anymore. In fact they aren't.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

there's pretty much zero far left in this country.

if i sat down with dave rubin i could easily dismantle his arguments because everything he believes is nonsense. it's dumb poo poo i believed when i was half his age. a q&a at a speaking event he gave where i'm in the audience wouldn't be the place for it.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

there's pretty much zero far left in this country.

*posts in a forum willed with far left supporters as a far left supporter over a video about far left supporters*

"They don't exist"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oh so your dumb rear end doesn't know what far left means. lol

Groovelord Neato posted:

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
Why do we always oversimplify the discourse of politicos to Binary positions?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

if i sat down with dave rubin i could easily dismantle his arguments because everything he believes is nonsense. it's dumb poo poo i believed when i was half his age. a q&a at a speaking event he gave where i'm in the audience wouldn't be the place for it.

I'd love for that whole crowd to ever sit down and dismantle ANY argument but they never do because they're too busy reciting what they learned in class with smug conviction, chanting poo poo, or trying to talk over someone

It's literally like a child going "Lalalalallalala I CAN'T HEAR YOU" and you think these people look anything but like stupid fucks?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blazing Ownager posted:

*posts in a forum willed with far left supporters as a far left supporter over a video about far left supporters*

"They don't exist"

If we were far left you'd have been thrown in a gulag by now

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'd love for that whole crowd to ever sit down and dismantle ANY argument but they never do because they're too busy reciting what they learned in class with smug conviction, chanting poo poo, or trying to talk over someone

It's literally like a child going "Lalalalallalala I CAN'T HEAR YOU" and you think these people look anything but like stupid fucks?

to be fair, that's all people like rubin actually deserve. it's not their fault that people can't see rubin's dumb just by watching him.

just so you know in the future "far left" is revolutionary communism.

Subpar Superhero
Nov 27, 2013

the hunger games
holy poo poo, bown, this poor, put upon white guy shtick you trot out in every single loving thread is unbelievably tiresome

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blazing Ownager posted:

The Dork Webbers king Jordan Peterson thinks sorcery and Atlantis is real. Why should we do anything except smugly call him a dipshit?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SleepySonata posted:

Why do we always oversimplify the discourse of politicos to Binary positions?

It's a real problem.

Frankly I think the stupid simple "left/right" isn't going to cut it anymore. The fringes have gone so far off the reservation.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the fringe is only on one side, stupid.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

The Dork Webbers king Jordan Peterson thinks sorcery and Atlantis is real. Why should we do anything except smugly call him a dipshit?

Because everyone keeps saying how they could wreck this guy in a debate yet everyone keeps falling square on their face.

I'm not a fan of his. It's a situation where everyone has gone so loving crazy, that "somewhat crazy" seems like a beacon of sanity to people. But yeah, I'd love to see someone debate and smash him, but to my knowledge it's never really happened.

I will say one thing though: There's no faster way to win new fans than his than to make the opposition appear like spoiled screaming children throwing a temper tantrum. Which they do every time. The right didn't create Peterson's success, the left did.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

the fringe is only on one side, stupid.

Anyone who refuses that the left has a fringe is in that fringe so deep they can't see the forest through the trees.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

google overton window for me because it's getting tiring dunking on you.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Because everyone keeps saying how they could wreck this guy in a debate yet everyone keeps falling square on their face.

you could watch the video i linked where joe rogan - who is a pretty stupid guy - explains how dumb rubin is on deregulation.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blazing Ownager posted:

I will say one thing though: There's no faster way to win new fans than his than to make the opposition appear like spoiled screaming children throwing a temper tantrum. Which they do every time. The right didn't create Peterson's success, the left did.

I'm left-wing, says poster reciting every right-wing talking point

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blazing Ownager posted:

Who's "everyone"? I haven't debated him yet. Unless you're Peterson, which would explain a lot about why you think white men are the most oppressed group in history.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Blazing Ownager posted:

On what planet are screaming babies with no argument beyond dumb slogans and a whole lot of self-righteous smug sensible people?

Jesus. I'm definitely left leaning but yeah people are wrecking the left because to anyone not really into drinking their kool-aid they look like colossal tools.

See I think the forums are kind of infested with screaming babies that want to air horn out anyone they don't like and be obnoxious, and that's why they refuse to admit these obnoxious people are real and/or common.

Like.. if you sympathize with these people you are sympathizing with the people the vast majority of people see as smug shitheads because, well, they're smug shitheads. I don't know anything about the guy talking but it seems like they could have actually had a question or something besides their stupid slogan chants.

That is to say vocal dissent is good so long as you personally agree with said message?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
I wish that SMG would post in GBS more often.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why he's bad.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol Peterson is a loving Pakled who doesn't address the arguments and instead engages in handwaving anti-leftist sophistry and accuses people of "cultural marxism" which is literally a concept from Nazi propaganda

If you think he is a "good debater" because he brashly overrides his "opponents" then loving lmao. That's not what DEBATE is about.

anyway I'ma just post memes this thread is moronic

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VObVj_Rlec

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tetracube posted:

I'm left-wing, says poster reciting every right-wing talking point

Because if you were left 10 years ago and still believe in the same things, you're now considered hard right, I guess.

But from where I'm standing, I'm watching the left literally turn into the dogmatic "censor your life for morality and your own good, we will protect you from yourself" 1980s Republicans. The amount these people and the young republican crowd have in common is horrifying.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

his posts are the only good thing about the GamerGate thread where Spanish Manlove OKed goatse

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol that is a good meme.

here's peterson getting frozen up by a comedian making the most basic counter argument to his position that he's somehow never thought of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlnQ1SFr2HE

Blazing Ownager posted:

Because if you were left 10 years ago and still believe in the same things, you're now considered hard right, I guess.

But from where I'm standing, I'm watching the left literally turn into the dogmatic "censor your life for morality and your own good, we will protect you from yourself" 1980s Republicans. The amount these people and the young republican crowd have in common is horrifying.

lmao. how are you this stupid.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

btw here's an hour long panel in which he talks some idiot poo poo, is corrected by a civil rights lawyer, and then finds it convenient to ignore that and respond to other arguments instead

he's not a skilled debater, he is doing poo poo that would get you dinged in High School Debate ffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kasiov0ytEc

he also uses slippery slope like a motherfucker, way past the bounds of any reasonable scenario

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Blazing Ownager posted:

you're not talking about leftists, you're talking about radical centrists who usually entirely reject the idea of economic justice

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blazing Ownager posted:

what, exactly, do you think "the left" is censoring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

when michael eric dyson brought up white privilege peterson actually asked him what percentage white privilege had helped him lol

• Locked thread