Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I’m planning on hopping on for Eden. I haven’t played DAOC since before the first expansion.

I have a boat load of MMO experience so should be able to pick it back up relatively easily. Is there any class that’s at least passable solo, very desired for groups, but pretty easy to play well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

onesixtwo posted:

It’s more about what role you want to do in endgame pvp. Want to heal? Peel (stun and CC melee off your caster)? Be a melee dps? be a caster dps? etc. want the one movement speed buff on your realm? Want cc or damage spells?

The group / pve content is a means to get to endgame and pvp, and most classes have a pve spec and pvp spec you switch into at max level. Often times people will first level a healer as a pve farm alt or a pbaoe (bomb) class for dps in farm groups. The holy Trinity.. kind of exists, but it’s more bombs, healers, a dude with a shield to block for the bombs.

Looking for either Alb or Hib. Mid just doesn’t gel with me for some reason.

Honestly, I’m kinda angling bard/minstrel/whatever it’s called, if my memory serves me right about the role. I think the dream is that I have something really simple to execute that makes me super desirable for grouping, and I get to DPS stuff too, but no matter how bad I am, as long as I bring the buffs, I get patted on the head and they’re glad I’m there.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Very sad. Can’t actually play the game. Downloaded and installed, but got a file path error. It tells me to select the e path manually, and I do but still nothing.

Support on the forum said that I just needed to download the new update, which I did but no change. Restarted, uninstalled/reinstalled, same exact thing. Someone else on the forum is having the exact same issue, but support has not responded in like 5 days.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

onesixtwo posted:

i saw someone posting in their discord on launch day with this identical issue, it ended up being a VPN issue for them i thought? or something equally as simple.

tons of pins in their tech support channel on discord i'd check through, also the basic: don't put the eden launcher in the daoc folder seemed to trip up a lot of folks so maybe double confirm that? if its asking you for a path that seems to line up

Thanks, I’ll check their discord.

Eden launcher is a separate path completely, and I’m not using a VPN. Hopefully I can get some advice in Discord.