Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
This show is so cheap it doesn't deserve an effort OP. Does anyone even watch this aside from me?

Mondays on CBS

quote:

Salvation is a suspense thriller that centers on a staggering discovery: an enormous asteroid is just six months away from colliding with Earth. Without alerting the public, MIT grad student Liam Cole and tech billionaire Darius Tanz team up to save humanity from this impending apocalypse.

This show is all over the place and I'm not sure anyone would believe a Season 1 synopsis. This is one of those shows where they raise the stakes every episode and only get increasingly outrageous. Before you know it the White House Press Secretary is stealing weapons grade uranium while in a love quadrangle with the Secretary of Defense who's Son hacked the entirety of Russia so that his father's girlfriend's boyfriend can try to launch an experimental satellite.

Spoilers for Season 1
Also the President forgot about the United States program to weaponize asteroids which resulted in the 2013 meteor over Russia, but when Russia finds out about this they try and prevent anyone from launching anything into outer space, which halts efforts to stop the asteroid. Luckily though the Secretary of Defense pulled off a heist in england to get special meteorite crystals that makes an EMDrive a reality so that they can intercept the asteroid in enough time to try and veer it off course with a gravity tractor. Unfortunately the scientist that helped create the EMDrive was a Russian spy all along and steals it, but it's okay since the White House Press Secretary goes to Moscow to meet with the Russian Ambassador to set up a meeting with the Russian government who double crosses her and assassinates their own ambassador and frames her for the job. Also the President forgot all of this because the Vice President has been poisoning her for months so that he could pull off a bloody coup of the United States and break the asteroid into pieces specifically designed to destroy Russia. Luckily the President fakes her own death so the Secretary of Defense can kidnap the new president from the Oval Office so they can reinstall the old president, but not in time to stop Russia from launching a nuclear strike.

Season 2 picks up with nukes still in the air and most of the cast in a fallout shelter with a rocket designed to take 160 humans to Mars before the asteroid hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
God this show is so loving bad, but even so I couldn't stop myself from binge watching season 1. It's been awhile since I hate watched something and Elon Musk Saves the World and is a Great Guy and Smarter and Smugger Than You Salvation is a good candidate. All the interpersonal drama is annoying, but if I had to pick a single thing about this show that bugs me the most, I'm gonna have to go with the swelling, overly dramatic reality TV music, especially in every cold open. It sounds like they're about to announce who The Bachelor choose as his fake wife right after the break every episode. Oh, and the hacker group that looks like they were all rejected from the 1995 movie for being too stereotypical.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

counterfeitsaint posted:

God this show is so loving bad, but even so I couldn't stop myself from binge watching season 1. It's been awhile since I hate watched something and Elon Musk Saves the World and is a Great Guy and Smarter and Smugger Than You Salvation is a good candidate. All the interpersonal drama is annoying, but if I had to pick a single thing about this show that bugs me the most, I'm gonna have to go with the swelling, overly dramatic reality TV music, especially in every cold open. It sounds like they're about to announce who The Bachelor choose as his fake wife right after the break every episode. Oh, and the hacker group that looks like they were all rejected from the 1995 movie for being too stereotypical.

This is almost at the level of Under The Dome hatewatching for me. I can't see it getting renewed for a season 3.

I think my favorite thing so far this season is that they "Shut off the entire Internet" complete with those little breakable plastic card things that have nuclear codes in them and there were giant progress bars that measure the amount of internet there is.

Also they handled that hacker collective stuff so terribly I'm not even sure if they actually died. They were warned about an incoming attack hours in advance and then you just see a news report about people being dead in the warehouse raid. They hacked the entirety of Russia but then stood around and waited to die? The way they didn't follow up at all on the status of a main character's son or even talk about it ever again was weird. "Oh he committed suicide offscreen, whatever."

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The entirety of Russia can be hacked for 1 million dollars. Let's not take advantage of this on a regular basis, or ever bring it up again.

I got the impression h4xx0r kid stayed knowing they were coming for him because he told his girlfriend that "some things were worth dying for".

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was onboard until the the political coup bullshit.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Come for the asteroid, stay for the bitcoins

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo this is my thread and i completely forgot the show existed for almost two months

no way this gets renewed

MOTHERFUCKING ALIENS?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rectal Death Adept posted:

holy poo poo this is my thread and i completely forgot the show existed for almost two months

no way this gets renewed

MOTHERFUCKING ALIENS?!

No chance. But i'm hopeful. that last min ting was hilarious.

• Locked thread