Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

also my tv updated and now shwos ads i nthe menu bar which loving blows and my br player also interrupts films to demand an update so that can go gently caress itself too.

lmao you let your tv talk to the internet

what other internet of trash devices do you have in your house? a "smart" fridge??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

angry_keebler posted:

like, why don't people just buy a 4k projector at that point? even if you use it as a full time tv replacement you'll come out ahead on bulbs vs the up front cost of buying some colossal nerd tv

projectors don't do great in anything other than a darkened room, and they take time to turn on and warm up, and they're noisy

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
yeah i just installed one of those switches last week

the power/data connector on the back of our Ingenico credit card readers is an HDMI port as well

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Schadenboner posted:

We have a Vizio TV, I think it's a 720? BORAT VOICE MY WIFE got it for me about 6 or 8 years ago at the Sears out in Brookfield Square which is currently being torn down.

Thread not about computers: gas and ban OP.

incorrect. TVs is computers now.

i was staying at a motel last week and when i turned the TV on it had some bullshit splash screen on it for like ten seconds before it finally started acting like a TV. i literally had to wait for the tv to loving boot.

don't you tell me this thread is not about computer

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

creationist believer posted:

they should make computers simple to use, like tv, so people in the community can get jobs

lol i remember this, what was this from? a front page article?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

lotsa people poo poo-talking projectors itt and i have to say i could not be happier with mine

i bought the Sony VPLHW45ES after a lot of research and it's amazing. zero rainbow-effect, absolutely no noise (even though it's right above my head) and it is very viewable with lights on

here it is with the lights off

here it is with the lights on

i know there's aren't review-worth photos but these are the only photos of it I found on my google photos account. apparently my kid took a picture of the screen that i never knew about lol

i got it for $1,400 new and couldn't be happier. yeah I had to spend another $500 on a 150" screen so it was $1,900 total but it was worth every penny and even me with my eyespergers i couldn't find anything to complain about

do you have speakers in the ceiling?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

lol if you use the speakers in your tv

yeah i use a couple big old speakers my dad left behind. i think he assembled them in the 70s or something? anyway they totally blow away any fuckin' "sound bar" bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
yeah that really is the good use for a projector, is to just fill an entire wall floor to ceiling.

when i was young i managed to score a surplus projector off work (someone had donated it to the school district and they couldn't find a use for an LP1000 with a fixed-zoom short-throw lens, so a check for $10 later and it was legally mine) and i used it to fill a whole wall of a room. resolution was only 1024x768 but this was before HD media really got prolific anyway and it worked well enough to still be a hit with my friends.

• Locked thread