Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
We have a Vizio TV, I think it's a 720? BORAT VOICE MY WIFE got it for me about 6 or 8 years ago at the Sears out in Brookfield Square which is currently being torn down.

Thread not about computers: gas and ban OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

incorrect. TVs is computers now.

i was staying at a motel last week and when i turned the TV on it had some bullshit splash screen on it for like ten seconds before it finally started acting like a TV. i literally had to wait for the tv to loving boot.

don't you tell me this thread is not about computer

Sounds like your television operating system is a piece of poo poo?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Aix posted:

so you record live tv in your car or what am i missing here

Maybe it's for a dash cam? I thought those wrote to an SD card on re-write like the old VCR CCTVs did though (the SD card probably doesn't have the problem of getting so thin or tar-caked over time as to tear or gum up the heads though).

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

kneads my suits

It seems like that would wrinkle them?

E: Are you the one who's into linen suits? *Opens "Sartorial Notes" tab in yospos.xlsx...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

dragon enthusiast posted:

do they even make actually dumb TVs anymore

We could make one dumb if we got it to display your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Perplx posted:

digital picture frames seem so dumb, yes this display runs at 60hz but we use it to display a static image

you'd think they could make a 1hz monitor or eink that would be cheaper than a normal tv

The cost of making custom panels would probably be prohibitive though?

• Locked thread