Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

NEED MORE MILK posted:

no 4k projectors are actually 4k. they literally dont make an image processor for them yet

we had a $30k laser projector in the office a while back and even it did simulated 4k

What resolution are the Dolby Xtreme XD Ultra THX Laser Digital Surround X-Fi Titanium projectors the theaters are always going on about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

projectors were cool back when a big tv was 40 inches and it cost $3000 but they're dumb and pointless now. i can walk into best buy and get a tv 1 inch thick that will take up most of a wall for a few grand and not have to deal with screens or speakers or light levels or mounting or any of that poo poo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i use a pair of bookshelf yamahas that i've had for twenty years. kneads my suits

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Why don't they make 7K TVs? I mean I would like more than 4K, a few more, but 8K is just excessive. 7 ks seems right for me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

OldAlias posted:

8 is luckier than 7

not in America

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I bet that's because the optics fuzz out the pixel edges a bit in a way that an LCD panel does not

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Perplx posted:

digital picture frames seem so dumb, yes this display runs at 60hz but we use it to display a static image

you'd think they could make a 1hz monitor or eink that would be cheaper than a normal tv

i kinda wanna build myself a digital picture frame that's only used for showing looped pixel art gifs

like, it would still be a properly matted frame made out of nice wood, but it would show stuff like this

raspberry pi + a cheap IPS display replacement + some 3d printed/routed parts oughta do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think my favorite little detail about world electricity standards is that japan, unlike any other country, uses two different frequency standards. western japan is 110v/60hz like the usa and most of the americas, while eastern japan is 110v/50hz, a standard which is shared only with madagascar. they have four gigantic switching stations in the middle of the country to tie the two grids together

:japan:

• Locked thread