Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

what 8k content is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

obviously it’s to play the latest pc games at 8k60

video card combusts

gonna need 4 of those graphics cards that are way too expensive to maybe accomplish that

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

MrMoo posted:

Isn't the new thing having 120 or 144fps on gaming? Then you can be a real Linus stud,

this is a shameful version of solitaire

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

lotsa people poo poo-talking projectors itt and i have to say i could not be happier with mine

i bought the Sony VPLHW45ES after a lot of research and it's amazing. zero rainbow-effect, absolutely no noise (even though it's right above my head) and it is very viewable with lights on

here it is with the lights off

here it is with the lights on

i know there's aren't review-worth photos but these are the only photos of it I found on my google photos account. apparently my kid took a picture of the screen that i never knew about lol

i got it for $1,400 new and couldn't be happier. yeah I had to spend another $500 on a 150" screen so it was $1,900 total but it was worth every penny and even me with my eyespergers i couldn't find anything to complain about

my oled tv looks nicer and has better picture quality than that pos

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

angry_keebler posted:

in fact, it's even better than that. if you use an oled tv you can watch parts of your favorite shows no matter what's on.

that's what you get for watching too much cnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i wrote custom firmware for my 8k tv that upscales content by running every frame through waifu2x

i had to look up if that was a thing and lol

• Locked thread