Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
like, why don't people just buy a 4k projector at that point? even if you use it as a full time tv replacement you'll come out ahead on bulbs vs the up front cost of buying some colossal nerd tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

qirex posted:

most 4k projectors under 10 grand can't do actual 4k and projectors are a pain in the rear end, noisy and require maintenance so they've been relegated to grognard use

idk, I bought my parents some "super duper gaming" viewsonic projector and they didn't have any trouble plugging it in and now my mom says my dad runs around picking flowers in the witcher but on a 100" screen

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

lancemantis posted:

lol your dad plays video games

yeah, i definitely encourage both my parents to play video games, it's way better than the people that end up sitting around their house watching cable news and reruns of gunsmoke

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

Aix posted:

i hate projectors for a bunch of reasons. having to watch for ambient light (this isnt as big a problem nowadays tho thank god), getting a hosed up neck cause youre too close to a hugeass screen, having to supply your own speakers
also the bullshit rainbow effect making everyone think im insane http://www.theprojectorexpert.com/dlp-rainbow-effect/

imo, if you're the sort of person that feels the need to dart your eyes back and forth while shaking your head to enjoy your movies, just buy a good projector with a fast wheel or 3 chip, or even a cheapo laser projector

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

OLED has better picture quality than a projector?? :wth:

in fact, it's even better than that. if you use an oled tv you can watch parts of your favorite shows no matter what's on.

• Locked thread