Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Hi friends, I'm looking for advice for things to do and places to visit as I start to plan a special vacation in Hawaii for myself and my girlfriend. We are planning for about 10 days or so at the end of July, and would like to perhaps two islands (one being Kauai) in addition to spending a couple of days in Honolulu + Oahu. We're not rich, so stretching dollars is ideal.

But wait, there's a twist!

For the centerpiece of the trip (heh) we want to spend a day dropping LSD and snorkeling! I am hoping some of you know of some great places to do this. I think that ideally I'd like to look for locations that are quieter and have calmer waters, and honestly the quality of the reef isn't as important as being somewhere that's slightly less crowded, because even a Good reef is going to be phenomenally cool on acid, so there isn't really a need to be in the Best place if it's going to be hugely crowded.

Additionally it'll have to be a location to which you can walk, bike, or Uber/Lyft, because diving on LSD is absolutely something you should never do under any circumstances!

Anybody have any ideas?

also I may propose to my girlfriend, I'm not entirely sure yet, it's a pretty intense thing to be considering! :shobon:

e: loving hell I forgot the thread tag, a shameful OP.

How are u fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

LSD and small breathing tubes that can easily fill with water sounds like a bad combination.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

ten_twentyfour posted:

LSD and small breathing tubes that can easily fill with water sounds like a bad combination.

Haha yeah you'd think so, but it's not as crazy of a drug as you might think. We are both quite experienced (at snorkeling & lsd), have a good idea of our limits, dosage levels, and we're using a known supply so we know the strength.

I'm much more concerned about rip tides and choppy water, but that's also something I would be concerned about regardless! Just need to find a nice, calm, safe, pretty good snorkeling spot where safety can be first!

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Kahaluʻu Bay

Absolutely go to the Kona side of the big island and absolutely go snorkelling at kahalu'u. it is loving insane. The water is like four feet deep and you will see more fish than you've ever seen in your life.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

muckswirler posted:

Kahaluʻu Bay

Absolutely go to the Kona side of the big island and absolutely go snorkelling at kahalu'u. it is loving insane. The water is like four feet deep and you will see more fish than you've ever seen in your life.

Thank you! I will look into it immediately. Sounds awesome!

mynameisbatman
Oct 3, 2008

How are u posted:

Haha yeah you'd think so, but it's not as crazy of a drug as you might think. We are both quite experienced (at snorkeling & lsd), have a good idea of our limits, dosage levels, and we're using a known supply so we know the strength.

I'm much more concerned about rip tides and choppy water, but that's also something I would be concerned about regardless! Just need to find a nice, calm, safe, pretty good snorkeling spot where safety can be first!

This sounds like a loving awful idea. Be careful. Wait til you decide to touch a pretty looking seashell or something and get barbed.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

mynameisbatman posted:

This sounds like a loving awful idea. Be careful. Wait til you decide to touch a pretty looking seashell or something and get barbed.

Believe me, I'm very cognizant of safety concerns, which is why I'm doing my research instead of saying gently caress it, dropping, and jumping into the ocean. Also isn't the cardinal rule of snorkeling Look Don't Touch? LSD doesn't cause you to become a different person or do things you otherwise wouldn't, it just makes you really happy and the world is more interesting and colorful.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
Make sure to wear diving shoes, as cutting your feet on coral while tripping could cause problems since you wouldn’t be able to feel the pain or possibly even notice it for quite a while, and you can cut yourself pretty drat badly on coral.

mynameisbatman
Oct 3, 2008

How are u posted:

Believe me, I'm very cognizant of safety concerns, which is why I'm doing my research instead of saying gently caress it, dropping, and jumping into the ocean. Also isn't the cardinal rule of snorkeling Look Don't Touch? LSD doesn't cause you to become a different person or do things you otherwise wouldn't, it just makes you really happy and the world is more interesting and colorful.

Oh believe me I know, I've done it. Just be safe my dude!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Saladman posted:

Make sure to wear diving shoes, as cutting your feet on coral while tripping could cause problems since you wouldn’t be able to feel the pain or possibly even notice it for quite a while, and you can cut yourself pretty drat badly on coral.

Thank you, that's a really great suggestion!

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

If the water is clear there, you're going to struggle to convince yourself to come up for air. I felt that way sober. It's going to be very awesome. The buses around Kona are really convenient too.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I am eagerly awaiting the latest adventure of Florida Man.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
you have to take off the temple garments op

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Gazpacho posted:

Is he in a cool drug cult? His most recent page of post history didn't turn up anything interesting except saying that he's had recent suicidal ideation... which is probably not a great thing to have while talking LSD but YMMV it could also cure that type of thought too.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Gazpacho posted:

I was hoping it'd be this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

How are u posted:

Except the occasional time it makes everything nightmariashly horrible and scary

• Locked thread