Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

When do old torments go away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

KataraniSword posted:

The 11th, coinciding with the release of the first new torment (FFT, with Queklain Cu Chulainn).

Ok cool, I can actually clear them with all the good stuff I got from fest, really getting 5* motes to LD TGC and Vivi and a ton of crystals to hone meltdown and SSS a bit did it, haven't even finished all the nightmare bosses yet; mostly because they are annoying more than anything.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Are breaks worth it in the current torments? It seems like they get pretty resisted, but I'm not totally sure since I'm playing somewhat cautiously and trying to one-shot all of them.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Breaks are good for pretty much everything except most magicites. If your dps/healing is really good maybe you could get away without them, but even with resists they still cut down the damage by a significant amount.

Ok, that's what I figured, it seems like damage increase is in the 10-20% range, seemed like that alone was worth it.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

wow that ff2 torment is pretty nasty, took a few tries to beat the 200, just gonna skip the rest for now lol

MF_James
May 8, 2008

yeah the issue is the trash in ff2 shits out a bunch of damage pretty quickly, a lot of it is party-wide as well; the aoe thunder on entry to the gigas fight does a fair bit of damage very quickly.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

wish I had OKs mUSB, isn't that on an upcoming banner?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

ugh the stamina train is gone, I finally caught up on realms :(

MF_James
May 8, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Manged to finish off all the Torments, but obviously not the CMs as I have about 12 people Lv99 in total. Still, reasonably happy.

argh I'm stuck on a few of them :(

FF6 jumpstart I just keep getting the boss to like 10-15% health and then the little idiots suicide, but I feel like if i bother with killing them I'm just going to die a lot sooner since they have so much loving HP, also haven't beaten 7 yet I don't think? Whatever one has the lich + 2 flames.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Prav posted:

valigarmanda is real useful on hidon, just a few casts can take a big chunk out of the erebuses

hmm guess I should go get that, I've finished probably half the nightmares so far, that's probably the only useful one that I haven't done yet.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Just LD'd yuffie yesterday, got a chance to use her today on a water weak torment and hollllyyyy poo poo does she poo poo out damage, I've got her USB2 and BSB2; I foolishly used bsb2 instead of USB, but raging waters hitting 14 times in a row for 6-8.5k hurts things a lot.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

argh finished all of the torments except FF7 300, which I was in the process of and the 250 and 300 of gigas. Not too bad for like 4 days lol.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Finally finished all the nightmares, though I still have 2 to get mastery on (the curada fight is just loving tedious), tried my first magicite, got golem to like 75% before blowing up lol

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Thank god for the updated orb drops and on dark crystal/orb day! I need a billion dark orbs/crystals, probably every wednesday forever I will only spend stamina on that powerup.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Do the dailies have realms attached to them? I know you don't get synergy, but if I run dailies can I get realm based RM drops and if so, what dailies are tied to what realms?

I'm sick of running the 3stam ffx realm in hopes of getting tidus' second RM, gently caress I wish I had known about this when going through most of the realm dungeons, I would have unlocked the chars with realm specific RMs and done them asap.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 19, 2018

MF_James
May 8, 2008

MF_James posted:

Do the dailies have realms attached to them? I know you don't get synergy, but if I run dailies can I get realm based RM drops and if so, what dailies are tied to what realms?

I'm sick of running the 3stam ffx realm in hopes of getting tidus' second RM, gently caress I wish I had known about this when going through most of the realm dungeons, I would have unlocked the chars with realm specific RMs and done them asap.

Of course shortly after posting this, I got high scorer and like 2 battles later got ace striker.

Now how about giving me rydia's stuff game? HOW ABOUT IT

MF_James
May 8, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I just unlocked 4 star magicites but I feel like they'll mince me considering I can't sub-30 any of the previous ones but Sealion

Shout outs to my 1 minute 44 seconds Liquid Flame clear.

I just unlocked 3* and got pasted on my first one before getting past 75% lol.

Do people generally run 3DPS/1support/1healer for 3*?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I've got deuce USB/BSB, selphie USB/BSB, aphmau USB and elarra USB/LMR for healers. I dived deuce, but don't have enough 4* motes for others, I'm swimming in 5*s but 4*s are in short supply atm.

So should I double healer, support and 2 DPS, or forgo support?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Yeah part of my issue is lack synergy in the right places, I have a decent melee wind team, but it seems that is not very good vs golem as that's the one I got to 75%; I have cloud USB/BSB2, Zack chain/USB/BSB and luneth OSB/BSB. Everything else is all over the loving place, though I do have yuffie+edge with their good USBs and BSBs already fully dived. Lack of hones also hurts here, I'mg oing to have to hammer some of the powerups over the next couple weeks to get stuff up to snuff.

*edit*

Yeah my support guys are just entrusting, using OK to drop his pUSB or BSB depending on team and then entrusting, or I can bring tyro w/ wall and use him to entrust.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Prav posted:

you've got elarra USB, just skip straight to single-healing 4*s

poo poo I forgot that it has super regen on-top of quick2, I thought it was more like aphmaus with a buff + quick

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Yeah I'd like to be able to get some SSBs like edges

MF_James
May 8, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Nine is a nerd from a game maybe five people played, and his BSB isn't even coded as a Dragoon-type attack to work off of literally every other piece of his kit. And yet I got his USB and now he's competing with Luneth for my best Wind dragoon.

Meanwhile, Cloud is great and busted and I keep hearing people gush about how he gets all the cool new toys and the game really has a boner for him... I have his three BSBs and nothing else, and he's pretty poo poo.

crossslash makes him pretty nuts, I hit fenrir for 25k x 4 with the 5* wind spell blade ability; I'm sure with his USB2 he's even more loving nuts, the chase is crazy.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Question: Should I spend Memory Lodes on Aerith's MC2, or should I just wait until I get to the dungeon that rewards it?

you will get so many MC2s you can throw them around like candy, especially if you want to use the character.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

does squall BSB2 (lowen roar/draw and junction) count as spellblade stuff for purposes of his USB1/2? I don't have either USB, I assume it would, but lol thought put into abilities. I feel like that's my only chance of getting sub 30 on fenrir, I'm sitting around 33-36 seconds right now; perhaps having dispel with would help to cut down on fenrir eating up time with attacks and such...

or does anyone have any advice?

OK with pUSB + LMR and using him as entrust bot after dropping USB
Tyro drops GW on T1 then entrust bot, has LMR as well
Squall BSB2 (also have glint but I haven't been using it, probably should for the quickcast....)
Laguna USB/BSB1, really I drop his USB twice then BSB
elarra healing

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I don't even know how people sub-15 3*magicites, do you just bring all DPS and maybe OK or someone for a buff?

Like, currently, my damage doesn't really get rolling until about 10 seconds in to begin with between dropping buffs like godwall+OK and needing juice through wrath/entrust and a few hits from 4x/5x abilities.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

saltylopez posted:

Not that I've personally sub-15'd anything but it's likely relying on last stand instead of healing, using fabula raider instead of wall RW, and lots of instant/quick casts.

Gotcha, just seems insane when I barely sub-30'd bismarck, my earth team took like 1.5-2mins to just clear (and it was skin of my teeth), and most of my other teams are between 45secs and 1.5 minutes.

woah salty, didn't we play COD together or something a few years ago? Or maybe CSGO?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

saltylopez posted:

<BROWN TOWN> on Algalon :smugwizard:

awww yeahhhhh thems was some good times, Slutatron will live again one day.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

:eyepop: :popeye: 380 Myth from now to fest, including gift dungeons. Fest requires 410 to pull on everything. Plan ahead!

Fest pulls include:

Every realm getting a RoP for 85 myth

A LMR lucky from an LMR only pool
An OSB lucky from an OSB only pool
A USB lucky from a USB only pool

5 banners, two of which are good

Well, sounds like i'm just pulling once or twice on the 8 banner(s) then holding off till fest.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Ouch that bomb fight hurts, I'm rolling:

OK (pUSB+break)
Tidus (AOSB, USB, glint) except I don't have sapphire shot so I'm using lifesiphon
yuffie USB2/BSB2 water ninja stuff she's fully LD'd
edge USB/BSB fully LD'd water ninja stuff
selphie USB for last stand.

I'm thinking of dropping tidus for entrust bot (I'd probably use tyro and use waterchain RW) since I don't have water skills for him. I've got enough hones on one set of water ninja stuff to last the whole fight so I have edge with those and yuffie uses BSB2 for imperil water and to get hones back on my less honed water ninja stuff.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

eelmonger posted:

I basically ignored the little bombs and kept Selphie entrusted so she could pop her USB whenever something exploded (with Edge SSB as a backup). So your strategy might work (maybe give OK wrath+entrust too?), although you might be a little light on DPS if you have to rely on bsb commands and ether. Regardless, with those Tidus goodies, I would hone up sapphire shot ASAP.

Yeah, that's my next goal, I have him and laguna USB/BSB1, so it's time to do it. Perhaps I'll dump the break and toss entrust/wrath on OK and keep tidus in the mix, his soul juice takes loving forever to build with lifesiphon.

I have 2 JS's left, the XV and FF2 ogre/redsouls so I think I'm going to focus those and run a bunch of powerup dungeons this week, a big limiting factor for most of my teams atm is lack of hones for stuff, most things are sitting at R2 right now with some stuff higher (one set of ninja water stuff, one set of chain spells, meltdown and UC/curada)

MF_James fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 6, 2018

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Are the ninja dark abilities good? I'm going to have a lot of trouble pulling together DPS for 3* dark magicite, I'll have to check what I've got vaulted and stuff but all I can think of off the top of my head is Orleandu BSB, Sipher chain with his... SSB..., and maybe a thing for golbez. So I might end up honing the ninja stuff up and slap it on yuffie or edge if it's useful, despite not having an SB to back them.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I'm going to assume you mean holy magicite. A doublecasting ninja with dark chain going should do pretty good dps against Mist Dragon. If you have an imperil dark magicite from shadow dragon, that can also help significantly.

Yeah meant holy, I haven't beaten the dark magicite yet because my holy needs work as well, I've got orleandu and beatrix but not enough hones on rear end saber to make it through the fight.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Prav posted:

on the 6* offerings, is that 50% per hit, or total?

That is the same thing...

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

50% chance per hit is extremely different to 50% chance per ability cast. If it's per hit, you get 4 times as many chances to imperil, which greatly improves the odds of it proccing at least once per ability usage

I'm fairly certain (I don't really use them) the current offering abilities are per ability, not per hit. I'm going to assume the 6*s will function similarly

Yeah I had just woken up.

*edit* Decided to throw a pull at water banner... 1/11 Yuffie LMR... I have her LD'd already, I mean I guess I can use it over the increase water damage a small amount but god drat

never pull

MF_James fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 7, 2018

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Yeah I've basically stopped playing on my phone except to use stamina during the day so I don't cap and just roll on NOX at home because my game crashes after every fight.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Realm luckies! My kryptonite!

4/11 holy poo poo what did I get!!!!

ehh none of this is really great, gaff BSB would be nice if I had other stuff for him, but it might make it possible to do holy 3* and edward harp will pair with his USB well for buffs but drat I was hoping for a knock out here.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Is there any issue with running an account on both an emulator and on a phone?

Also Never Not Always Pull on Lucky Draws.

I got Alma and Golbez SSBs.

At the exact same time? Yeah, one will get kicked. If you mean in a general sense, then not that I've seen, the push notifications for stamina will get screwed up because it doesn't check if your stamina has changed since you last logged in on your phone, otherwise go crazy.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Said screw it and threw 25 at the Lucky 11. Got Longinus (Kain USB), Kindhearted Moogle (Montblanc LMR), and Artemis Bow, which gives Divine Heal to Rosa, but I don't know if that's a USB or SB or...

Artemis bow is her SSB, it has mblink which is good.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

gently caress this seymour omnis fight, I can beat the 260 but not him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Double Rabite posted:

How difficult are the jumpstarts? I've yet to try them since my teams are about 18 months out of date, but the rewards are just a little too tempting to pass up on.

Obviously I have no clue what you have, but like Avalerion said, use Divine Veil Grimoire as your RW since you probably don't have that, it frees up a fuckton of spells slots (most/all of the fights do NOT have dispel), there were like 4-5 that i had trouble with, though I do have some really powerful SBs and was lucky enough to finish most of the old torments prior to them disappearing.

The FF2 ogre mage+red soul, FF4 sisters and FFXV fights are probably the hardest 3 imo, the other ones I pretty much blew through.