Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I did well 7/33, no dupes

Butz AOSB/USB2/Glint
Lenna BSB
Krile BSB
Faris BSB
Galuf LMR

I'll do another pull later to see if I can get that chain or to complete the set of Bartz element bursts. But at any rate, I wanted a Nightmare Bartz, I got a Nightmare Bartz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

even if i had an infinite amount of 3* motes the time and effort it would take me to go through and individually 3* each character one by one for such an insignificant benefit would drive me to kill again

I just 3* dive someone whenever I level someone to 99. I've got all but 27 characters at 99 with 4 MC3s in the hopper, but alas, I am out of vitality motes

In other news, I did a parting pull on FFV banner 1, and it worked as well as I could have hoped, picking up Galuf's chain and Lenna's USB. After 5 pulls in all, i got 10/14 items without pulling a single dupe in the process. I'm still bad at the Greg torment though.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Remember when we had to fight Macalania Temple Seymour in four or five different missions in the same week? I believe that was in the Vit0 days.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

1/11 Ursula Burst. It's fine, I guess. I also got my first 5* from the daily, a dupe Burst for Kuja.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

Iris USB! Woohoo! Probably not worth a Legend Dive but I'm happy for another instant cast healing USB.

Double cast healers like Iris are usually worth a Legend Dive if you can even semi-justify it.

I've gotten nothing but supers, but at least none of them are dupes. Nine, Meliadoul, and Aranea.

Edit: Huh, I guess her doublecast comes from an LMR. I must've picked it up and forgotten. I retract my statement.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 10, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I got some pretty great pulls on Quinoa. Laguna Chain, Quistis USB, Rinoa AOSB. I can do one more pull. Should I pull for better FF6 synergy (which I don't have much top shelf stuff for right now) while I can, try for more 8 stuff, or wait until the fest?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I want to clear out some of the hard stuff before the fest goes away, but I'm having some trouble with the Judge fight at the end of Pharos. Using my crazy Holy team, I can beat Ghis and Bergan, but Gabranth wrecks my poo poo super fast with damage that outpaces Elarra's USB. I get that he has a dispel, but can I pop a Godwall afterwards and he still hits for 4000 or so AOE damage. Is there any other trick to it that I might be missing?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Alxprit posted:

He gives himself an insane buff to his stats that you can't dispel unless you have Auron's USB which inflicts the corresponding debuff. Other than that, there's not much you can do.

Hmmm, I do happen to have that USB. Guess I should figure out how to fit him in.

Edit: Beat him, thanks to Auron. Goddamn it was close at the end though. Ramza popped his chain four times in that fight. Makes me wish I had picked Godwall on the USB selection. I picked OK mUSB instead.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 20, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Speaking of this Zack chain, what do you do with him if you have it but no other gear for him? Ripping Blast never seems to do an impressive amount of damage.

I got 3/11 Terra BSB, OK LMR, Noct SSB. The only non-dupes on the banner for me were Terra LMR and Tidus BSB

Sesq fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 24, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Ahhh, I did good, did real good!

Vivi USB
Seppy USB2
Rydia OSB (my third, but it was my highest MAG weapon already)
WoL Glint (dupe)
Luneth Glint
Aranea LMR
Eiko BSB

Lucky draw got me Pecil AOSB, Cloud USB2, and Squall LMR

I think I have a complete Aranea now. All her gear snuck up on me. Is Vivi's USB still good?

Sesq fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 15, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

MarquiseMindfang posted:

6/33: Eiko USB, Dorgann USB, Exdeath USB, Zidane OSB, P.Cecil BSB, Vincent BSB (dupe)

How competitive is Eiko USB?

It's the good stuff. Eiko was my top healer until I pulled Elarra USB/BSB on the last fest, and she's still my second best. You'll need an LMR if you want her to double cast, though.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

1/11 Dupe Ashe Glint. I'd feel worse about this, but then I'm reminded how powerful my Ashe is.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

3/33 Thancred USBx2, Thancred LMR

Would've liked more stuff for the mythril I sunk in, but I guess Thancred's my earth ninja now. Two earth boosting daggers are pretty nice to have in general

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

What's a typical loadout for beating a 280 torment? The only one I've finished is the Tactics one. I know I've got great gear for 5 and maybe 10 or 15, but I really have gotten very far past the 50% mark for them.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

PSA: Don't forget to do your Record Dungeon quests today if you haven't done them yet. They expire tomorrow in the morning, not the evening.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Daily Draw's been great to to me lately. Today I got a super for Reynn, yesterday i got a USB1 for Y'shtola! Good times. Goooooood times...

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Yeah, the 4A and KH events are coming up, but I did a couple pulls because I like the VIII crew and can't pass up an Edea banner. I got Squall's Arcane and fire LMR and Edea's glint. Not bad. I've got a nice symmetry with Squall's BSB1 and his ice and fire BSB, Arcane, and enelement LMR.

I could pull one, maybe two more times but I probably shouldn't. Maybe. Seifer's chain would help my dark team a lot.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Yeah, first pull was half off, otherwise I wouldn't have pulled it. Got ultras for Ingus and Kelger, and a Tifa LMR. It's iffy already on this banner since I have all Luneth's stuff, but full price is a definite nope from me.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

xanthan posted:

Hrrrrrrrm, do I go all in on the KH banner when it comes or wait for the anniversary...

Who all get awakenings in the anniversary?

Tidus, Kain, Terra, Bartz, and Zidane. Terra and Bartz are on the same banner.

I feel like if the KH event is split into two banners, I might hold out for Terra and Bartz for long term usefulness

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Assuming the banners don't change, which is admittedly a big assumption, all the Dark Cloud stuff shows up on what is already the best banner in the anniversary.

I think I'll skip the second KH banner, and I'm still thinking about pulling on the first. I did get a raise today, though....

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

It depends if they boost elemental damage. If not, go nuts combining them. Armor, too. If they do have a boost, then it depends if you have enough for the whole party if you do combine them. If you're not sure, don't for now.

Edit: in the case of that particular Zidane OSB, it boosts wind, but only for synergy. Not too many situations where you'll need two wind boosting swords for FF9 situations, but there are some edge cases. You can probably combine them.

With those Beatrix BSBs, probably keep them separate unless you've got tons of holy swords. If you don't have many now, you will eventually, in which case you can safely combine them.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 21, 2019

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Ok thanks! It’s a lot to wrap my head around so I’m just trying to get things straight.

Well, if you're still pretty fresh you might hold off on combining armor if, similarly, you don't have enough for a particular realm synergy to go around. Element boosts tend to be more important than realm synergy boosts though, and I really have stopped gearing for synergy in favor what elements my guys use.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Well, I went and did my pulls. I tapped out at two, not getting anything for Sora, but I got Riku's Awakening, BSB, USB, and LMR. I had his glint from last time, so he went from nowhere to top 3 ATK. I gotta put this little bastard on my Dark team now.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I got a good haul, bunch of solid USBs, but nothing outstanding. I'm trying to decide what I want for my selection. I've got most of the most have USBs. I would really like a magic water weapon, but I guess there's no option. Another good ice weapon would be nice, so Squall and Ysale are options. I've had my eye on Aerith's USB for a while, and Ignis's is supposed to be pretty great, right?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

MF_James posted:

Who are good ice mages that aren't ysayle, or good water mages that I can pull USBs for from the select?

My other option is aerith USB2 or maybe some physical lightning

Rydia's the only water option unless I'm forgetting something. It's an okay USB, not the best, but water mage gear is rare in general.

Your best ice option is Rinoa, followed by Serah and Edea. I'm not quite sure how witch stuff is working right now, but Edea's kind of being pulled in two different directions with witch and black mage stuff.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

what’s the cutoff on the ultra picks anyhow, i wouldn’t spend 5 dollars on the privilege but i did scroll through the list to see if wind god gau’s thing was on there and it wasn’t

3/13, about 3 and a half weeks.

Edit: Derp, thought you were talking when the pick goes away.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 22, 2019

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Pretty nice, the game dropped a Deuce USB on me. Now I can make a reasonable attempt on the 280 Torment. I really gotta catch up on those.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

There, I finally got all the 280 Torments sub-30ed, and I didn't even have to make a desperation pull on the FFI banners. I still kind of want to, though. Anyway, now I need to spend all these Record Rubies. Are there any abilities I should particularly avoid? Are the Witch and Machinist things any good? I've got all the spellblade and monk stuff, and some of the other things like Healing Smite and Sapphire Bullet and Voltech.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Also note that this banner is sticking around a longer time than usual, due to the fest. You'll have time to see how fest rewards/expenditures pan out.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Qwertycoatl posted:

Don't know what fiddling around exactly they've done, but they haven't split up Terra and Butz.

This complicates matters for me. I was going to go crazy going after Butz stuff, then use the leftovers, if any, for chains. Less sure how I want to approach it if the chains come first.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I'm probably just gonna toss 2 pulls at the chain banner and 2 at the Bartz / Terra and hope for the best.

edit: Ugh that Kain banner looks pretty nice too, but I think I'll have to pass on it because I need to prioritize chains right now and the other awakenings are just too drat good.

Geez yeah I just noticed that banner too. I'm probably best off waiting for a selection banner that has the OK USB3 on it. I'm thinking of going once on the chains, twice if I want to ragepull, go all in on Bartz, then go for the Tidus banner with what I've got left. It's got Celes's chain, and I would like good FF6 gear/ice weapons, but I do have Laguna's chain already.

There's also a Dissidia banner that may or may not overlap with the fest as a one-stop Dark shop featuring Sephiroth's Awakening.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

So how vital is Magicite Inheritance on the 5* fights? I don't really want to bother putting effort into 4* magicite if I can get my foot in the door and just start inheriting onto 5* instead.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I got OK USB3. You know what, I will graciously accept it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I dived the Master to do the 280 torment despite having zero gear for him. I do not regret it.

Draw-wise, I got a Meia OSB. I'm glad I got a water mage weapon finally, even if it's a bow that requires synergy. USB got me a dupe Mog USB. Womp womp.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 25, 2019