Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Balthier's Glint SB from today's Luck of the Realms draw. poo poo.

At least it's not a dupe, I guess...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Lucked out and got Selphie's Full Slots Cure USB, which really makes me happy because almost all of my Luck draws so far have been 5* crap and/or dupes.

How does this compare to Penelo's Dance of Rapture USB? I've been leaning on that one pretty heavily since I don't have Elarra's game-breaker, but does the major regen from Selphie's outperform the HP buff from Penelo's?

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Kheldarn posted:

OK, so I've been doing some Internet Researching regarding Maggia Crystals, and here's what I've found.

* Putting points into Elemental Attack gets you 0.1% per level, with a max of 10% at Level 100. It stacks additively, as follows: (Field + Attack + Equip + Elemenetal Boost + Elemental Break + Magia Elemental Attack)
* Putting points into Elemental Defense gets you 1% per 10 levels, with a max of 10% at Level 100. It does NOT stack; the highest value is what's used. (It's 1%/10 Levels instead of 0.1%/Level because it doesn't apply partial percents)
* You can use Maggia Elemental Defense to offset things like the Gigas Armlet making you weak to Water. 1% Water Defense is apparently enough to do it.
* Putting points into HP gets you +5 HP per level, with a max of +500 HP at Level 100.
* Everything else gets you +1 per level, with a max of +100 at Level 100.
* You can max all crystals, but it will take a total of 30,899 battles to do so.
* The best place to farm is Fabul Castle.
* The best way to farm quickly is to have Record Materia that will attack all enemies at once; ones like Master Ninja, Divine Fists, Capricious Pugilist, Earthen Blade, God Among Men, Reborn Zeal, Omnicast Fire, and Omnicast Direflame (obtained from Ninja, Yda, Yda, Spellblade, Orlandeau, Strago, Black Mage, and Black Mage, respectivly). There are, of course, others.

So with the way I'm reading this, wouldn't focusing on ATK/MAG/MND first followed by HP (?) basically give you the biggest bang for your buck assuming you didn't want to spend endless hours farming? It seems like 100 in a primary stat would easily overshadow an extra 500 hp in pretty much every case, and would be WAY better than upping resistances by a pretty much insignificant amount.

Checking with the thread to try and avoid any major headaches that would be caused by just spending them willy-nilly.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Qwertycoatl posted:

You can respec them (once per 14 days) so it's not a disaster if you do it wrong

Ah. That's certainly good to know. Figured it was a permanent thing since that's how most of these things in this game work.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Lucky draw is tempting, but man the ratio of absolute dogshit LMRs to good ones is way too high and I already have quite a few of the best ones.

edit: and right on cue for a perfect demonstration, my III pull gave Ingus' LMR. This is one of the worst LMRs I've ever seen lol.

Aranea's LMR and a bunch of junk for me..yeah, that kinda sucked.

Fortunately to offset it I got OK's Forbidden Power USB, which was arguably a far better investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
In spite of yesterday's trash LMR pull, I decided to pull on the AOSB pull today and definitely didn't regret it. 4 6* pulls for Vaan, Ashe, Pecil, and Luneth (dupe on his, though), which probably makes it the best pull I've had from the game yet in the <3 months I've been playing.

The problem I'm running up against now is that apparently more banners with some Really Good poo poo are coming up, but I'm starting to run thin with only 65 mythril left (60 after tomorrow's FF1 LotR draw) and don't really have any more sources except for a maybe 6-7 realm dungeons and whatever little is left in the Record Dungeons. Does anyone have a pretty solid idea on how to try and put that to the best use?

Edit: It seems like awakenings are the way to go (especially with how I've learned to abuse the poo poo out of Roxas' knight one). Will those probably end up being full 50 mythril pulls like most banners?

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 24, 2019