Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cho being in immortal hulk would completely destroy him (it destroys everyone), and he's being used in other books right now. so, not very likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
frank frowns so much his face got stuck that way

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the rest of the mu hates him until it is time for some big event where it is okay to kill sentient beings. as soon as that is over they all go back to tut-tutting whenever he kills human mobsters and not aliens.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so who was that corpse at banner's feet at the end of time?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they have friggin' proteus now. forget xavier convincing a bunch of x-men to follow him, i want to know how the heck they tamed the malevolent reality warping ghost.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dreqqus posted:

I don't have the issue with me but I got the impression that was a list of known Omegas not ones that are currently aligned with Xavier.

it listed their affiliation. proteus is with krakoa, along with vulcan of all people.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was really funny because someone laboriously explained to osborn how all the other super adaptoids were beaten, i.e. overloading them with too many powers. then he was immediately beaten when he kind of waded into a giant mass of avengers who overloaded him with too many powers. i'm not sure if it was meant to be funny, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fear itself had some great tie-ins, which was good because the main book was garbage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, so were the cotati living in the blue area all this time? i get that no one had any interest in revisiting them until now, but you'd think someone would have shuffled them off to a less important location. so much stuff happens in the blue area that it is kind of ridiculous.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i could see phoenix being uninterested in the usual mutants right now because they live on krakoa. death and rebirth don't mean much there, and the cosmic entity of death and rebirth might not care for that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if they wanted to get the ultimate phoenix host who had total control they'd bring in rachel, not jean.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, i think that adam warlock came out of a very confusing trip through time and space in a thanos mini with the regular soul gem, separate and distinct from wherever the sentient one is. so now there's two of the absolute fuckiest infinity gem.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
forget the cap identity, he isn't even always the only steve rogers running around.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it doesn't even really make much sense now, as xavier was retconned to have been laying the groundwork for krakoa at the time. even if he was still dead then, he certainly did not need to engage in shadow king-esque bullshit to resurrect. i expect if anyone ever revisits this it will reveal that version as a fake who was merely impersonating xavier. but really, there are quite enough xavier impostors already.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can't honestly tell knull and the redesigned marvel dracula apart. i think they are the same person?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

rantmo posted:

The way to tell them apart is that Knull sucks and is boring whereas Dracula is awesome and cool.

original marvel dracula was awesome and cool. the revamped version is hella lame.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
doom will always go back to the old status quo because classic doom is just too good to give up for long. but hey, while none of his many face turns stuck, neither did his magic human leather armor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kindred is a previously unmentioned character who was totally around the whole time, just off-panel.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what sort of psycho would get back with the guy who sold their marriage to satan if they knew about it?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

"I have to go now. Galactus needs me." *turns silver, is awkwardly pulled off the page*

that's silly. as a herald, may turned gold.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tony's real superpower is that he can instantly become rich whenever he needs to. he's lost everything a bunch of times, and it never particularly inconvenienced him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

And Earth-138!

Re: Musk, something I've never understood with all those Iron Man comparisons, is Musk actually a (technically) smart guy who can build things? Or is he just a rich guy who lOvEs ScIeNcE and pays people to build weird things?

he's the latter, but he roleplays as the former online and some people really eat that flimsy pretense up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
j2, juggernaut's son who wore a flannel shirt tied around his waist, had a mini.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wow, a copter AND a chopper.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nanny faked storm's death and abducted her, so storm didn't go through the siege perilous but still ended up in a random spot with amnesia like the rest of the team. nanny de-aged storm, storm escaped with limited access to her powers, and then she hooked up with gambit (in his first appearance). they had some adventures until x-tinction agenda reunited the scattered x-men. all of the team were scattered and broken, it's just that the form that took for storm was claremont being claremont.

she still came out better than alex summers, concentration camp guard though. the siege perilous was so lovely!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it turns out that all you have to do to conquer 616 earth is to send in an infinite number of completely invulnerable monsters. too bad no one else ever thought of that!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's hard to say what that even means since it's not like he is a different person. it's an older version of cable, in the future. that's where you'd expect older versions of any character to be.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
venom: the end was actually good

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wish they'd started with a less overdone villain, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, some versions of the punisher didn't meekly leave dirty cops alone. other versions were an angel, frankencastle, and a time traveling ghost rider who acts like deadpool.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you could just watch one of the lesser ultraman shows again and it would still be a better time

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's bad if you like ultraman and also if you don't like ultraman

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's green, not black.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
knull is only the one below all in the sense of him being worse and less interesting than other villains.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

site posted:

Between Clone Saga and this I'm wondering what year it is

How does Onslaught come back this time

they decide that since krakoa is for all mutants, that includes composite entities like onslaught (but still not maddy pryor)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i expect it might become a problem as soon as zarda appears in a medium other than comics, which is probably never.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wasn't thor's role in that lovely empyre event mostly about his mother being gaia? dropping that already for this poo poo, huh?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the leader was always the dumbest smart guy in the mu, which is saying quite a lot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Imagine ever wanting Hank McCoy on your team

he fits right in with the original defenders lineup nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that cover is very confusing. the skull is just a mask, which should include the teeth! he should have another layer of teeth on the inside that no one draws because that would look super creepy. still, it isn't present on that cover.