Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What's that Spider-Man issue with the holographic cover and the double page splash of Spidey and Spider-Man 2099, with their respective cities behind them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

That mean Gwenpool is going to be in Squirrel Girl?

Isn't North writing that book with Squirrel Girl, Ms Marvel, and those other people?

Gwenpool is probably coming back when the creative is ready and whatever other stars align.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

That'll teach me to go against my first instinct. I was pretty certain he kicked it but I googled it and got pics of captain america and "Joe Simon - 75."

I guess there's a chance he could have co created Captain America when he was -2 years old.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

If Slott's run will be remembered for something besides being way to loving long, it'll be his use of Otto.

My dad never read comics, but he loved the 60's Spider-Man cartoon, and when we think of "Spider-Man villain" we think of Spidey dodging Doc Ock's tentacles. I'll buy the first issue regardless of who's on it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Hickman loves the New Mutants. If he doesn't want to write the X-Men it's probably because of what an editorial clusterfuck they always seem to be. They'd have to give him the Morrison/Whedon treatment.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

it sucks trying to find an omnibus after its release. I managed to find Fraction's Hawkeye and FF at a con for decent prices, but that's about it.

Target's website is good if you're trying to get new ones. Got the GMo Batman one for $45, and the Seven Soldiers one will be the same price in August, compared to $63 or so everywhere else on a $75 cover price.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I got the lettered art for my Edge of Spider-Verse #1 book and it looks v. good, and I remembered that it has the best joke I have ever written in it (a personal opinion that does not reflect the views of Marvel or the general comic-buying public).

What I am saying is please buy my book when it comes out next month.

You should post some of the art after the book is released. I still have the opening splash of your last issue as my Facebook background. Spider-Punk rules.

Is Gerard Way doing the SP//DR one shot?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I guess I missed the solicit, but I'm writing best Spider-Man, the Emissary of Hell, with comics' best boy Sheldon Vella in this book.

So, they're just giving you all the best Spider-Men? Your two should team up because punk and giant robots actually go hand in hand.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I'd love to see the room at the Marvel retreat when that idea came up.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I'm just waiting to see what Gavok thinks.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’ve only read an arc of Thanos, an issue of Doctor Strange, and two issues of Venom, but I really think I need to follow Cates closer. All the crazy poo poo he comes up with is painting a good picture of what kind of writer he is.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That Venom is amazing.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Kang the Conglomerator is inspired.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It makes sense the bulletproof man can still get his brain knocked around in his skull. Making Luke a metaphor for football players is perfectly fine.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I liked it, but that first Spider Punk issue set an impossibly high bar.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Maybe she's a Grant Morrison fan.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Hey dudes, I'm writing the INFINITY WARS: GHOST PANTHER mini starting in November! Pretty psyched, it should be just the over-the-top blood opera the times call for!

That rocks!

And while you're here: Who came up with the universe designation for Spider Punk, and whose idea was it to put that quote on his bat? My punk friend has been geeking out over the issue.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Have I got news for you:

Daughters of the Dragon (November, 3 40-page double size issues)
Ghost Panther (November, 2 issues)
Vault of Spiders (December, 8 pages + framing story)
Spider-Geddon #0 (September, 5 page backup)
+ another 6 page backup that I'm not sure where it's being run.

Spider-Geddon #0 has Gamerverse Spidey right? That should be a pretty good seller.

How many of those issues make either SA or BSS references we can make fun of you for?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Why haven’t Spider-Gwen and Spider Punk started a band yet?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It's where Sabertooth is on the team, and they go to Counter Earth. It was a let down after how much fun the Apocalypse Twins stuff was, but it had some real nice art.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

You're wrong! Jason Aaron Thor will never die!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Vault of Spiders #1 is out Wednesday, and it features a story I wrote about the greatest of all Spider-Men- THE EMISSARY OF HELL!

Amazing. I’ll make sure we watch some Japanese Spider-Man at the bar Tuesday night in your honor.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Squirrel Girl, America, Ms Marvel, Ironheart, Wasp, and Hawkeye would make a great magical girl squad.

EDIT: Gwenpool, Spider Gwen, Quake, X23, and Gabby show up in season 2.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 29, 2018

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

He tries to be the Tuxedo Mask, but he shows up when nobody needs his help. It’s really awkward.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

How was Banner by Azzarello?

Oh, and the first Venom trade is available now at your local comic shop. Picked that up, and the first issue of Cates Carnage mini.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Is that Man Fing Fang Foom?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Those are the optional mini series, yes.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

El Tortuga posted:

Thanks. I've always wanted to read more Thor. If I did want a proper introduction to Malekith, where should I look?

Jason Aaron does a fine job in Thor: God of Thunder. I haven’t read Simonson’s run, but I didn’t feel like I was missing much.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Nah, you're missing a lot. Simonson's Thor is on a lot of people's 'best run of comics ever' lists for a reason.

Yes, but it isn’t necessary to understand what’s going on in Aaron’s run.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

How is Cates Venom so good?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Daredevil: Yellow is very good too. There’s a Fantastic Four appearance in there that’ll make you wish that team did a book about them.

Heard Captain America: White was crap, but 3/4 ain’t bad. They’re sweet love stories, and Tim Sale is in top form.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

80’s cover should have tan Wolverine and gray Hulk. Ghost Rider should be in 90’s and 2010’s.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The rumor is a Spider Women movie spinning off of Spiderverse with Cindy, Jessica Drew, and Gwen.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

What’s going on in Man Without Fear? My shop was sold out, and I’m wondering if it leads to cosmic Daredevil in the War or the Realms ads.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Cool, thanks! I thought this was the Zdarsky run.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The Spider books seem to be in a pretty good place right now. Venom has been a very pleasant surprise.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

There was the guy with 3 faces in Morrisons New Xmen.

Ugly Bob i think.

Ugly John. Cyclops asks him what his powers are. “I have three faces, and they’re all ugly.”

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Surprised nobody has been talking about the latest Thor. Agent of Wakanda Roz Solomon was pretty bad rear end.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I love that we can have obscure questions, and someone pops up who’s actually a well known professional in that field. I remember asking if anyone read the DCU Adventure game books, and turns out Inkslinger helped write them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

We should have a “Comic you bought because of the cover. Was it good?” thread. I’m willing to give Gail Simone Iron Man a shot because of that cover.