Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I just want a confirmation that we're getting a dang Gwenpool Omni. Like not to be too entitled about it, I just think it'd rule is all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

pubic works project posted:

Not a fan of Spencer at all, but I am happy about that part at least.

He seemed to do well on his previous Spider-Man project, maybe it'll work out. A lot writing Spider-Man well seems to be understanding what people like about Peter and his supporting cast. Stern got it, Conway got it, Waid got it, Kelly got it, Bendis got it. Maybe Spencer does?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Did Silver Surfer end after Slott left the book?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Nicieza is really one of those writers you just want to leave alone and do his own thing for like fifty issues and then come back to. I'm still fond of New Warriors, even if I haven't re-read it in ages (and know some of it won't hold up).

His Deadpool & Cable run is pretty strong, too

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Sabretooth still trying to be Pepsi to Wolverine's Coca Cola or is he bad again?

(please do not derail with how you like one drink more than the other, nobody fuckin' cares)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Not looking forward to the absolute shitstorm about to blow in regarding his estate and his creations. But I'm glad the scumbags who were trying to gently caress him over can't get at him anymore.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Starsnostars posted:

Corvus Glaive realising that the rest of his team don't find him funny was cute but the first issue of the Back Order mini has some rough art, especially the pages featuring the Emperor they've been ordered to take down.

Corvus Glaive sounds like a Jerry Lewis character

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Always glad to see The Zdarsky get high profile stuff, he rules.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

There's plenty of bad Thor. Like pretty much everything post Simonson until 1997.

When did Ellis write it? Is it good?

How's his Excalibur?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaunab posted:

Wolverine being over saturated wouldn't bother me if they could get at least one good goddamn writer for him.

Charles Soule is a good writer, and so is Jason Aaron

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10161256685300581&id=850190580&set=a.10150354666335581&source=48

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Do you reckon we'll get another volume in that complete collection of 90's exiles?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Have Peter and Miles interacted much since Miles made the jump to 616?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Thanks everyone, I think MWOF came together well and I'm really happy with it as whole.

re: Sterman- I can't lie, I found her on a wiki dive for Marvel psychiatrists, but how perfect of a fit was she? Someone who apparently specializes in brainwashed former assassins? You can find anything you're looking for in a shared continuity that big.

That reminds me, since he helped de-prorgram Speedball/Penance, what's Doc Samson up to?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Brother Voodoo I believe.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How has Skottie Young's Deadpool been thus far? Keep in mind I loved Duggan, Kelly and Nicieza's runs, but think Daniel Way is straight doodoo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Needs to be a All New Wolverine omnibus in near future, imo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I'm trying to think of a rhyme for "chlamydia"

Something about "kiddin' ya"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ashamed to admit it took me a minute to get what he was doing.

People are gonna crawl up his rear end for that one.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s true. He said that when he got offered Fantastic Four he had never read the book before. Then he read every FF book, and created his chart for where he wanted to take the book.

Then he's exactly the kind of guy who should be writing X-Men, because it's probably got one of the more complicated histories of any popular comic book around.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Schneider Heim posted:

Read a bunch of books yesterday while sick:

Captain America and the Mighty Avengers vols 1-2: Really good, I liked the Secret Wars tie-in part too but it was a bit too clipped. Do the two people working the call center come back in some capacity? I read Ewing's New Avengers -> U.S.Avengers run and didn't see them there
AXIS: Hobgoblin & Carnage: Hobgoblin was hilarious from start to finish. Wonder what happened to the Goblin King after? Carnage was funny but also kinda sad? I would be down if they were inverted for good, but alas.

Speaking of inverted characters, did Sabretooth get back to being evil again?

Obivously spoiler it for those who don't know, what's the lineup for Cap's team this time? Any curveballs, like adding Doug Ramsey or Hank McCoy returning or some poo poo?

site posted:

Sabertooth is in the black widow mini and he's... chaotic neutral maybe??

When Duggan used him in Deadpool he went from leading the Hand to being sorta chaotic good, he was actually trying to help Wade and explain what happened with Wade's folks

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 12, 2019

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Waid's Avengers had some semi-neat Kang ideas but was pretty unmemorable.

That's not necessarily a bad thing; it's better to be unmemorable than, say, Chuck Austen's X-Men.

Yeah, I'd prefer to be unmemorable versus being known as the guy who wrote a ton of poo poo that had to be fixed. That's always gotta be a blow to one's ego.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Does the Hickman Avengers Omnibus have the whole arc in order of reading?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

No, it's still poop from a butt. Even ignoring G-Mo's run, you get Angel banging Paige in mid-air in front of Paige's mom, the stupid "No, Nightcrawler IS a half demon" reveal and also wanting to make him the Pope for... I don't even remember. There's more that I've repressed.

That said, it doesn't help that Austen apparently (I haven't read it) everything Grant did (possibly after being told to, I think?).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

Spider-Man Life Story is super good. I love me an elseworlds series. I don’t know if the story stands on its own if you don’t know the convoluted history of S-M but the callbacks are great if you do.

I'll literally read anything Zdarsky does. Dude's a hell of a talent, and seems to have self-awareness unlike some big talents of yore.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 27, 2019

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Has Mantis appeared in modern comics and if she did how much of a whiplash would it be if she was more Guardians of the Galaxy 2 than how she is previously in the Annilation/Guardians/whatever else she was in

That Untold Marvel book Sean Howe wrote said that most of the people involved with books she was appearing in loving hated her at the time; they particularly hated the "This One" mode of expressing herself.

I wouldn't be surprised if the original version just kinda disappeared.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pimpin' Ain't Easy But By Crom It's Necessary

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Taboo? The dude from Black Eyed Peas?

Jesus.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Is that Magneto?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

X-O posted:

There's a site that actually has some footwork about superhero's religions and I'm pretty sure Spider-Man was Protestant there. But again unless it's important to a character's story I don't think there should be a definitive answer.

There's a fun gag in a short featuring the Thing where he stops a mugger on a Jewish holiday and one of the cops making the arrest wishes Ben a Happy whichever it was (that's not disrespect I don't remember which holiday it was). The mugger pipes up.

"Wait, you're jewish?"

Ben replies "Yeah is that a problem?"

Mugger replies "No, not at all. You just don't look like you are".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That's a great lineup. poo poo, I'd buy that as a Defenders or WCA lineup.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

site posted:

is going from bellhop to red skull technically a glow up

I mean, he's probably doing a lot better, financially speaking.

Since the regularly have both Spidey and Deadpool make Marvel Handbook jokes, it'd be amusing to have them razz Skull about this.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lobok posted:

Is that bad? The unmasking never seemed like it was going to be the new forever status of Spider-Man. Probably better they knew how to put the genie back in the bottle before opening it.

Yes, because it means they had time to plan OMD, realize it was fuckin' dumb, and went with it anyways

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

*hannibalburessthissucks.gif*

I also would have accepted the "Wack" still

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

wiegieman posted:

Nobody but Chris Hastings should be allowed to write Gwenpool, because even the author they brought in as a ringer just didn't get it.

I say let Gerry Duggan take a shot, dude managed to make Deadpool fun and compelling again after having to fix all of Daniel Way's bullshit

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How was Silver Surfer:Black?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'll give it a shot. How's Cates' GOTG ? I understand Surfer joined the group...

I pretty much have an interest in most Surfer stories.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I like the idea of mutant L&O for X-Factor, but wasn't there already something in the early 00's?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cloks posted:

If you're thinking of PAD's run, yeah, and it was great.

No, although I agree it was great.

It was like a Mississippi Burning type thing but with mutants instead of black people, and it was miniseries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wendell posted:

Is Leah a good writer? I have not read anything by her.

Funky thot enforcer. Wow.