Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Us Matrix Resurrections fans are eating so fuckin good with this and Alan Wake II giving us stories in conversation with their original works featuring older, bearded versions of the protagonist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Roth posted:

I like the new Fantastic Four comic by Ryan North. What's some other stuff that started within the couple years that's worth checking out?

The most recent issue really came out of nowhere with the big emotional push. Really really effective!

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

TwoPair posted:

Well Reed barely stretches these days honestly. North has him doing it more often (in creative ways) nowadays, but it seems like by and large most writers for the past several years now have just settled on Reed's real superpower being "doing science poo poo" and sometimes he can use his stretchy powers to grab Bunsen burners that are allll the way across the lab...

Honestly not to be a dickrider but North is the perfect fit for FF, the characters and stories line up so well with his whole "giddy nerd" schtick. Who else would give us "Ben MacGuyvers an airspeed indicator using his old Air Force knowledge"?

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Just read the first Immortal Thor TPB. Ewing is really good at getting to the heart of misunderstood characters: I went into Immortal Hulk not really caring about Hulk, only for him to become one of my favorite characters, and it seems like the same thing's happening here. Ewing manages to get that clever mythological allegory tone perfectly.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Caught up on Immortal Thor. Ewing has some serious Morrison-sized balls, especially with the Roxxon one-shot. Also, some small miracle he can deliver things like this arc in Thor or the whole Leopards Eating Faces gag in Immortal Hulk without it feeling too "tuned-in".

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
This is a stupid question, how do you guys keep track of release dates? I'm pretty new to comics and have no clue when anything is coming out. Had no clue the next USM was even available

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Thanks. Now I can stop going to the shop and cluelessly going "uhhh I THINK I have something in my box" and then the guy pulls out a single issue of Ultimate X-Men and I have to pretend I came with the intent of buying one copy of Ultimate X-Men and nothing else

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Spacebump posted:

It is also helpful to check out variant covers before release.

When I was catching up on Immortal Thor all the store had were variants which kinda sucked because why would I deprive myself of Alex Ross art (same goes for FF)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Just read Marvels. You're never gonna believe this but it turns out that Marvels is a very good comic