Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

site only started a new thread with 2099 in the title to distract everyone from the fact that they were just exposed as being wrong about editor's note boxes

Boooooooo hisssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gizmoduck series confirmed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mockingbird is pretty much my favorite Marvel series of the last 10 years. I'd love to have more if Cain could be convinced to come back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sucks. But he lived a good long life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Joe Simon is still alive. He's only 75 though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Co-creator of Captain America Joe Simon? Wikipedia says he died back in 2011 at the age of 98. Are you thinking of someone else?

I think the soul singer Joe Simon would be around 75.

That'll teach me to go against my first instinct. I was pretty certain he kicked it but I googled it and got pics of captain america and "Joe Simon - 75."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Android Blues posted:

If he was 75, he would have co-created Captain America at the ripe old age of negative 2. Child labour laws back then were lax!

Did child labor laws even exist in the 30s?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

How is it hard? Spider-Man and Mary Jane are a couple. They have couple problems. Mary Jane's personality was defined in the Steve Ditko/Stan Lee run. Make her that but grown up. Have her involved with his life, like spouses tend to be. Have her have her own problems. Have them intersect like Peter and Spider-Man's problems do.

Also, give them a kid. Because that way parents can relate and kids can relate.

No, nobody could possibly relate to a married Spider-man, let alone a Dad Spider-man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Byrne already did Spiderman and really enjoys pointing out that the first issue of Chapter One was a huge seller.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The "putting it right" things is clearly about how his death was a mistake.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Narrator: "It wasn't"

There's no way they don't bring him back at this point, everyone else is alive again.

Edit: wait, how is his visor glowing if it's not on his face?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I know. But it wasn't a mistake. He needed to die and Young Scott is a million times the character that OG Scott has been in the the last 30 or so years.

Oh that part. I disagree, he was terrible up to G-Mo, Whedon ran with that but after that yuck. And they doubled down on it with Bendis.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Order it, there's always the chance that they restock and the price goes back up over $100. They did reprint the Kirby FF omni #2 when #3 came out so you never know. Plus IW was heavily based on Hickman's run so they're more likely to reprint it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

it sucks trying to find an omnibus after its release. I managed to find Fraction's Hawkeye and FF at a con for decent prices, but that's about it.

Target's website is good if you're trying to get new ones. Got the GMo Batman one for $45, and the Seven Soldiers one will be the same price in August, compared to $63 or so everywhere else on a $75 cover price.

I've long warned people not to snooze on any OSHC they might be interested in. Just looking at the pricing history on so many Marvel Omnis is enough to make me preorder any and all books I'm even vaguely interested in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nah, it's been in the works for almost two years. I think I posted about it in the old thread. First IDW got all those Disney licenses, then the SW kiddie book. Those have been very well received and this is "phase 3" of that plan. Nobody at Marvel proper wants to do all ages stuff and IDW thrives at it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT WEIRD RHYNO

Why is it weird? Marvel proper is clearly not equipped to do all ages books properly. Idw is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The IDW Star Wars series is in-continuity with the Marvel books but that doesn't mean the new Marvel kiddie stuff will be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Good call, I'm currently going through my collection and looking for books I have missed and cringing when I see pricing on a few items.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

IDW does the best job with All Ages books on the market. Marvel already have existing agreements with them on other properties. Plus Disney has a working relationship with IDW for the Disney Toon and Star Wars books. If you have a relationship with a company that does the best work in a demo that sometimes is hard for you to reach it would be foolish not to utilize it. I'm actually surprised it took them this long. Marvel Age/Adventures were a long time go and were legit good books (Seriously they're up on Unlimited now, Spider-Man is the best but they're all worth reading), but not a lot of people read them. The deal with IDW will put them in the place where they can be done right and even has the potential of attracting some creators that might not otherwise fit or be ready for a main line Marvel book. I see no way this isn't advantageous for them.

This. All of this. IDW is the best all-ages publisher in the industry. Their AA bookstore presence is fantastic and they add licenses to their library constantly. A lot of people are taking this as another positive hint that Disney is going to acquire IDW at some point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Ancient aliens but its all true

What exactly are you implying?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waffleman_ posted:

The problem with Carol is that Marvel's already convinced themselves she's super popular so they don't put any effort into actually making her likable.

It's like they all read that page from House of M where bea us over the head with how popular she is in that reality and they just took it as how things actually are.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Chelsea Cain is back at Marvel writing a Vision mini picking up the Vision Family storyline.

https://www.cbr.com/chelsea-cain-marvel-vision-comic/

This is a no questions purchase for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. Viv has been the best part of Champions.

Well, mostly for Caine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I knew what you meant but I didn't agree about Chanpions so I just leaned into my enjoyment of her work on Mockingbird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, gonna have to recant my anger as I was going off what was being angrily reported. Sounds like he just told a joke that fell flat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I refuse to read Dan Slott's Fantastic Four. I can't risk enjoying it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Don't encourage his support of rotten writers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

We're going to disagree on this one because my excitement for the FF being back outweighs my dislike of Slott.

Dude, I might be the biggest FF fan here. But Slott is just Slott. I won't support his work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Do you like Tom DeFalco's FF, as I do?

Not especially. But that era was still far better than most Slott comics I have read.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was years ago, a horrible work experience and borderline alcoholism speaking.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Doesn’t change the fact that book and the new FF was/is good.

Nah. As a whole his ASM is an exercise in bad decision making and too many subplots. I don't care for even one second what he has to say about the FF.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

At least that one guy who constantly complains about Bendis Superman bothered to give it a shot.

That's like, 9 different goons.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

AND THEY AT LEAST GAVE IT A SHOT.

GOOD FOR THEM

I miss the days when this forum was united in their dislike of Slott.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Isn't this the third Kraven? Or did the original come back to life?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They flat out refused to answer my question about it last year. "We're not discussing MM today."

I'd love to know the details behind the cock up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kaleidoscope posted:

I'd certainly second that. And unlike Bendis I feel like it wraps up in a very satisfying way.

Bendis left his run open at the request of Brubaker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

This is Rhyno's punishment for linking breitbart

I SAID I WAS SORRY

Even if he takes it we know his ego can't handle being edited.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wanderer posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Byrne will say or do or be something stupid enough to kill the deal before anything actually gets published.

I'm sure he has some enlightening things to say about minorities and handicapped people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Question IRL posted:

That Tweet uses "Giggity Giggity."
Wasn't that what Quagmire from Family Guy used to say? Did it stop being a sex thing?

It should probably not be used anymore.