Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

gucci bane posted:

I was gonna make a joke about them being the Sucking Dick Alliance but that actually sounds cool

Nice homophobia bro, way to go dickhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

plumpy hole lever posted:

I don't know if you are aware but both men and women can enjoy sucking dicks.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
Yeah because using sucking dick as an insult is totally not in any way at all an implicit gay slur

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
Or i guess it can be a slur against women and gay men, if you'd prefer, you disingenous shitstain

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Sucking Dicks Alliance is actually called the Australian Sex Workers Association.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm glad you're here to contribute nothing but the policing of rules that only you are aware of.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

JBP posted:

I'm glad you're here to contribute nothing but the policing of rules that only you are aware of.

Yes because using "sucking dick" as a perjorative in no way implies that anyone other than a cishetero male is inferior and A Bad Thing

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Ahahahahaha holy poo poo Grant Denyer won gold.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

"sucking dick" is American in Australia we actually say "downing a dingo"

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
yet when i say oval office the whole thread dogpiles

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I don't, I believe in every Australian's right to say oval office in good faith.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Whitlam posted:

Ahahahahaha holy poo poo Grant Denyer won gold.

And Dilruk won best new talent which is well deserved just because he's the best bloke.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Australian television icon Bert Newton is facing a social media backlash over comments he made when presenting the Graham Kennedy Award for most popular new talent at the 60th annual Logie Awards tonight.

Having referred to himself using a gay slur, Newton joked that his former co-star Kennedy enjoyed "mentoring" young talent behind closed doors.

"Speaking of young talent, Graham Kennedy was always the sort of man who nurtured young talent," Newton said.

"He enjoyed giving young people a chance on television, he was a great mentor, he mentored a lot of young people.

"You knew if you went to his dressing room and it was locked, he would be inside doing some mentoring.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

lol remember when you were defending black face last year

gucci bane fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 1, 2018

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Australian television icon Bert Newton is facing a social media backlash over comments he made when presenting the Graham Kennedy Award for most popular new talent at the 60th annual Logie Awards tonight.

Having referred to himself using a gay slur, Newton joked that his former co-star Kennedy enjoyed "mentoring" young talent behind closed doors.

"Speaking of young talent, Graham Kennedy was always the sort of man who nurtured young talent," Newton said.

"He enjoyed giving young people a chance on television, he was a great mentor, he mentored a lot of young people.

"You knew if you went to his dressing room and it was locked, he would be inside doing some mentoring.

TL;DR, the Australian TV community from inception to sometime in the mid 90s was a thinly disguised paedophile ring

Hinch tried to warn us all.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

gucci bane posted:

yeah, and?

i still would, in australia

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

gucci bane posted:

Remember when he didn't even read to the end of the loving post he's trying to backseat mod today?

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
Whole bunch of concern trolls and snowflakes in here delighted to take offense as soon as someone insults the hivemind, but unable to think for themselves and realise that 'hurrrr that sucks dick' might be offensive to a) gays and b) women, or at the least reinforce patriarchal attitudes about the primacy of masculine virility

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

yeah saying something sucks dick is pretty homophobic and you can't tone police soag out of being correct on that one

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Uh, so you see guys, using the slang of a common street thug is the only way to properly communicate with the unbathed online masses so saying something sucks dick is a poetic form of communication.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

money

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Whole bunch of concern trolls and snowflakes in here delighted to take offense as soon as someone insults the hivemind, but unable to think for themselves and realise that 'hurrrr that sucks dick' might be offensive to a) gays and b) women, or at the least reinforce patriarchal attitudes about the primacy of masculine virility

As you say, bad people use "sucking dick" as a negative, but since it was used as a positive here, as something we should all be ok with, what is your point?

Kindly gently caress off.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Measly Twerp posted:

As you say, bad people use "sucking dick" as a negative, but since it was used as a positive here, as something we should all be ok with, what is your point?

Kindly gently caress off.

lol look at this poo poo. shut the gently caress up you loving moron. bad people, honestly. christ

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nice work granting PHL his hard earned thread derailment.

Page 3 no less. A new record.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
So this is a regular thing then?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
BORDER FARCE FAIL TO STOP BOAT ARRIVALS!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-02/prawns-carrying-white-spot-discovered-in-queensland-supermarkets/9914610

And obviously it was in QLD!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

The banking royal commission has moved to the Top End with week-long hearings getting underway in Darwin. The inquiry will sit through a final day of evidence on agricultural finance before turning its attention to how lenders targeted Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities for funeral insurance.

Well this will be depressing.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Well this will be depressing.

i was reading an article the other day about how an "aboriginal community benefit fund" company was hitting up indigenous single mothers at 30, to cover themselves and their kids for up to $100,000 over a lifetime, and then basically telling them to read the fine print after refusing to honour the claims. coincidentally the indigenous community service was being run by a white dude out of an office on the gold coast so

fuckin hang the bastards.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-01/banking-royal-commission-funeral-insurance-vulnerable-people/9910496

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

execute them on screen at the royal commission and i will donate all my tax return to your favourite indigenous chairty

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

JOB snobs and bludgers who refuse to apply for work will have amber and red traffic light colours flash on their phones to warn they are about to lose their welfare payments.

In a major shake-up starting today, jobseekers face a demerit point system which is supported by a new Job Seeker app. It will provide constant reminders about meeting their obligations. The dashboard will use strong visual and written warnings.

The no-more excuses plan, will use traffic light colours to show whether the job seeker is in the green (fully compliant) zone; the amber (warning) zone; or red (penalty) zone.

Under the new system, if job seekers fail to attend interviews or apply for a required number of jobs, they will likely lose their Newstart payment. It will be reinstated once obligations are met.

If they have no reasonable excuse for failing to meet requirements, a demerit point will be added to their record.

If five demerit points are clocked up within six months, backpay will be withheld, even if they turn-up for interviews or apply for work.

If requirements are met for three months, demerit points will return to zero.

The amber indicator will show demerit points and how far to go to the red or penalty zone. Serious failures such as blatantly refusing to work, means immediate loss of payment for four weeks.

The system will be managed by jobseekers, who will self-report and confirm they have met their requirements, and overseen by job active provider.

Jobs Minister Michaelia Cash said the system was designed to make the process of finding a job easier.

“The new framework is fairer because it recognises that the majority of job seekers do the right thing and should therefore not receive financial penalties,’’ Senator Cash said.

“It will, however, penalise those who exploit the welfare system by wilfully and repeatedly gaming the rules in order to receive income support payments. This system will reinforce the rights and obligations of both government and those seeking assistance.”

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

We should just have a points system where entering the red zone bans you from public places until you fix it. You also have to wear a hat with a light on it that uses the green, amber, red system.

Also if you go into red zone an alarm sounds perpetually until you rectify it.

JBP fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 2, 2018

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Anidav posted:

Jobs Minister Michaelia Cash said the system was designed to make the process of finding a job easier.

lol

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

If five demerit points are clocked up within six months, backpay will be withheld, even if they turn-up for interviews or apply for work.

lol so whats the incentive for actually doing this poo poo then. gently caress this lovely government. put michaelia cash up against a wall while we're doing the loving bankers

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

lol so whats the incentive for actually doing this poo poo then.

They turn the money back on.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

JBP posted:

We should just have a points system where entering the red zone bans you from public places until you fix it. You also have to wear a hat with a light on it that uses the green, amber, red system.

How long until it's logans run

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The world of Logan's Run is actually good and the runners are fuckhead wreckers.

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

bell jar posted:

lol so whats the incentive for actually doing this poo poo then. gently caress this lovely government. put michaelia cash up against a wall while we're doing the loving bankers

like any of the bankers are going to face real consequences

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

this but for posting, sorry soag but your alarm and clownishly large red hat are going to make a big target for taliban sharpshooters

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe
I knew there was a reason i was avoiding centrelink, even between jobs. I dont think that woman has ever been in the position where shes had to endure her own bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I got whatever the student thing was when I was in uni and have mercifully never had to interact with centrelink again. I've got two friends that are centrelink reliant rn (one has a permanent injury and one just has the shittiest luck of anyone I've ever met) and what they go through as far as time and stress seems way more onerous than having a crappy job.

• Locked thread