Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

G-Spot Run posted:

Also there's a bunch of by-elections this month that will hopefully topple the government but don't hold your breath

It's more likely to topple the Opposition leader - there's a campaign in the media being built by someone to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Solemn Sloth posted:

She’s basically the worst student politics element of the greens given corporeal form

People keep accusing her and then not providing any details or evidence.

From what I heard this morning on RN, she’s had enough and Littleproud is about to get served. Hopefully he gets bankrupted.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Dude McAwesome posted:

Littleproud or Lionhat?

The Lib Dem.

Also he publicly accused her of sleeping with someone and NAMED him on radio. So that’s two people who can sue him. And the 2 SKY people who sniggered along with him.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Senor Tron posted:

I was at Adelaide Uni while SHY was at the height of student politics stuff, and the general approach she took annoyed the hell out of me. That said the couple of brief times I've actually met her she has been nice and she's spent a long time fighting the good fighting when it comes to refugees.

She’s been in Parliament 10 years. And her ‘general’ approach isn’t much more details on what’s she does wrong, beyond being a women. Anyone who is in student politics does things they would do not donnow- that shouldn’t count for anything now.

She’s going to sue for defermation and lionhelms going to keep digging until his lawyers get a gag on him.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
3 or 4 bedroom apartments are more expensive than getting a 2 bedroom old weatherboard that needs to be rebuilt or 3-4 bedroom house 2 hours out of the CBD.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Anidav posted:

Anyone else sort of feeling down about Fairfax? I'm a daily reader of the Brisbane Times and they used to be fairly hard hitting about local and national politics and if I recall they also hired a bunch of former Guardian Australia people but recently within the last few months I feel like their editorial has shifted to be extremely pro-Turnbull and I don't know if its because of them republishing Sydney Morning Herald pieces or not because I know they used to have there own Brisbane journalist opinion pieces that were quite fair and reasonable but recently I've noticed a lot of republished stuff from The Age and SMH that is quite cheerleader of Turnbull and his tax cuts and the Brisbane journalists seem to not be posting opinion pieces anymore. So I feel like the company ordered that the opinion pieces section be exclusive to known dickheads like David Crowe & Jessica Irvine.

It's depressing, I'm not sure what happened, its just one day SMH was all over the website when before it wasn't.

Job cuts maybe?

I'm pretty sure its job cuts and newspapers being dead but not yet in the ground. The Age used to have Victorian news but unless it's from Domain on what the best 5 million dollar house that's going to be passed in on the weekend is, they don't really report much either.,

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

That's going to be the last big action scene of the movie.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I have complete confidence it will be hacked, the Government won't admit to it, a whistle blower who does will be jailed for telling anyone, the Minister and department will take no responsibility, ans then blame IBM who will the rewarded with a massive contract.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

That would be a lot more damming if I had any idea who has the live in nanny working as a paid government employee?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Headline this evening upgraded to it.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Regional papers will be dead within 12 months. The Age and SMH paper editions gone within 3. Most of the news people will lose their jobs. The Executives will keep theirs and get a pay increase. The Chairman will get ACA and 60 minutes to have hits on Labour and Green members. News will only be about Sydney and some Canberra/Melbourne. Crime will lead every broadcast and why the Labour government is bad and why you should vote for the LNP.

The ABC will be attempted to be sold off.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Dutton's going to have to challenge, because he's going to lose his seat otherwise/anyway. The ALP have got a 4% swing to them, in a seat all the media was saying they only got last time because of Whyatt Roy. And that seat is next door to Dutton.

Shortan has a complete victory here. The Media will report that it was completely expected that the opposition would win and there's no reason whatsoever that any fuss be made about it. And also, if Albo was leader, they would have won more!

Comstar fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
ABC live election blog said:

quote:

Longman results 'very, very bad', Liberals admit

A federal Liberal minister has texted to say the results in Longman are "very, very bad".

The party's primary vote has collapsed about 10 per cent, to just 26 per cent. Labor's primary vote was up almost 4.5 per cent.

Overall there is a two-party preferred swing to Labor of about 4 per cent, on the current count.

"When you lose your primary vote, you lose control of your destiny," the minister said.

They also said while there might not be consequences for Malcolm Turnbull's leadership, "who he takes political and strategic advice from will need adjusting"

Perhaps, more from Tony Abbott perchance? Emphases mine.

• Locked thread