Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Greyhounds are sooooo cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
George Soros controls the reusable plastic bag industry, wake up sheeple.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That reminds me, when do the cuts to weekend penalty rates start?

Also, the joke I made in the last thread about management referring staff to read their policies on aggressive customers is apparently true. I have a niece who works at a servo that's getting rid of their plastic bags and she told me this morning that they sent out a memo to all staff detailing how they should deal with rude and violent customers losing their poo poo over it.

So, we're literally beyond parody at this point.

New Andrew Bolt column incoming.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

He probably wanted it in a plastic bag too.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1013293086493949952

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

ONLY BARRY HALL SACKED?
Andrew Bolt, Herald Sun
June 30, 2018 1:40pm
I understand the decision of Triple M to sack Barry Hall for his horrible "joke". It's got a reputation to defend and an audience to please. But Hall was reacting to some graphic remarks by Leigh Montagna about his own wife and a doctor performing a gynaeacological procedure on her.

Then there was the horse-laughing by the lads...

I wouldn't go to barricades about Barry and storm about political correctness unless you first hear what he said.

(Don't click the link if you are sensitive.)

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/only-barry-hall-sacked/news-story/d3ee3f3c35c31a26563223efaaef6952

Andrew Bolt is melting down about... something?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Sucking Dicks Alliance is actually called the Australian Sex Workers Association.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

The banking royal commission has moved to the Top End with week-long hearings getting underway in Darwin. The inquiry will sit through a final day of evidence on agricultural finance before turning its attention to how lenders targeted Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities for funeral insurance.

Well this will be depressing.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

JBP posted:

Have we got any hot takes from Daisy re SHY controversy?

quote:

I Use My Looks To Get Ahead. Is That A Crime?

Pretty is as pretty does…

I’m what society considers a pretty girl.

I’ve got clear skin, nice hair, a small waist and a great booty. I dress well, wear makeup (but not too much), and conduct myself with plenty of confidence and swagger. I’m done with the low self-esteem and body dysmorphia that seem to come with the territory for women in their early 20s, and I can say that physically, I’m perfectly satisfied with myself. It’s immensely liberating.

But this calm self-awareness doesn’t come from vanity or ego. It’s because I’m told I’m aesthetically pleasing on a regular basis. When I walk into a room, heads turn, not because I’ve said anything particularly intelligent, but because human beings like to look at attractive things.

Anyway, I’ve got two eyes and a mirror. I know how I look.

And yes, I’m aware beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While I may not be everyone’s cup of tea, I can say with confidence that my physical attributes have helped me get ahead – and I’m not going to apologize for it.

https://shesaid.com/attractive-get-ahead/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/JamColley/status/1013566137076858880

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

‘My free reusable bag’: Coles customer steals shopping basket to protest plastic bag ban

ONE unhappy Coles customer has taken “plastic bag rage” to a new level, revealing their new “free reusable bag”.

A DISGRUNTLED Coles customer has stolen a “reusable” shopping basket to protest the supermarket’s plastic bag ban.

The customer posted a photo of their haul to Coles’ Facebook page, where many have voiced their displeasure at the ban. “I’ll leave my free reusable bag out the front for your collection, Coles,” the shopper wrote, adding a smiley face emoji.

Another shopper went even further, loading an entire trolley into the back of their car. “No bag, no problem? We’ll take the trolley,” Eddie Nahri said in a video posted to Facebook, which went viral after being reposted by the Humans of Bankstown page.

“Leb in Sydney taking action,” he wrote in the original post. “They can come collect their trolley from my street. Lol. I’m creating jobs!”

One woman warned she had been reported to the police once for doing the same thing. “Got pulled over that night and made to report to the police station the next day,” Louise Mechin said.

“When I returned said trolley I was barred for life from the store. So I did what anyone would do... Went back there the next day and did some shopping.”

Other shoppers accused the supermarkets of hypocrisy due to the abundance of plastic packaging on the majority of products, and of profiteering by charging for reusable options when lightweight plastic bags were previously handed out for free.

“Hypocrites,” Phil Youraz said. “Get rid of all plastic. It’s a money-making scam.”

Kheila Warheart posted a photo of photo of plastic-wrapped “Kids Pack” bananas. “Absolute lies,” she said. “If you really cared you wouldn’t do things like this. It doesn’t take two years come on! You haven’t listened to us at all. No more pre-packaged produce! We want paper bags!”

Nicky Laughton took issue with individually wrapped banana bread slices. “Please. You can’t tell us to bring our own bags and then have shelves full of cake slices with this presentation,” she said. “Children are advised to bring ‘nude’ food to school but this is horrendous waste.”

Kata Carruthers said her 15c reusable bag had already broken. “Awesome, I received a free recycled bag last night when shopping,” she said. “I lifted it to get the groceries out. 80 per cent recycled material, half full, 100 per cent useless. Luckily I only lifted it up so all the meat landed in the boot of the car.”

A Coles spokesperson replied: “We’re very sorry to see this. These bags are intended to be long lasting and be reused many times, so we’re very sorry to see this wasn’t the case this time.

“We’ll let our Quality Team know about this so they’re aware of this issue and we’d suggest you return to your local store so the bag can be replaced. We’re very sorry for the disappointment.”

Meanwhile, Woolworths customers have also complained that their 15c “reusable” bags aren’t so reusable after all, posting photos on social media of torn and punctured bags.

“So much for the reusable plastic bags,” Sharon Linsley said. “I only went to Woolworths yesterday at Glendale. One use and they have holes already. So these will become single use bags. So much for the environment. I am really disappointed with the bags.”

Trace Stevens said the new bags were “useless” as the handles break and “you’re left with struggling to grab the bag before it hits the ground as groceries fall out”.

“If we are to pay for this rubbish then it needs to be improved to at least hold groceries in them,” she said. “I relied on your plastic bags but never again, they should be free seen as they are of such poor quality.”

Gabby Newman said while she commended Woolworths on replacing single-use plastic bags, she wanted to know how long the new 15c bags would take to break down.

“I have to buy lots as I cannot carry them as full as your operators fill them and I have a bag that I paid for (prior to the complimentary period) which after one use is now torn,” she said.

“This means your operators will refuse to use it. I will have to throw it away into landfill and I’m hoping it will break down faster than the single-use bags.”

She said she hoped she wouldn’t have to replace the bags weekly as she spent over $250. “I am trying to purchase the 99c bag but this eats into our budget. Two bags is equal to a 2L milk.”

It comes as Coles and Woolworths attempt to address “plastic bag rage”. As of Sunday, single-use plastic bags have been banned in all states and territories except NSW and Victoria.

The supermarkets took the initiative by removing them from their entire store networks, with Woolworths getting in 10 days early on June 20. Despite roughly three quarters of shoppers claiming to support the ban, the move has sparked a customer backlash.

In one extreme case, the union representing retail workers, the Shop, Distributive and Allied Employees’ Association, said a staff member at Woolworths at Mandurah in Western Australia was assaulted by a customer angry about the plastic bag ban.

“We received a report that a guy at a self-serve checkout at Woolworths became unhappy about there being no single-use plastic bags,” Ben Harris from the SDA told Yahoo7. “A female staff member handed him a free reusable bag.”

He said the man then accidentally scanned an item twice. “The man then walked up behind the woman and put his hands around her throat,” he said. The incident was reported to police and Woolworths banned the customer from the store.

“The safety of our team is of the utmost importance and we do not tolerate abusive behaviour towards them in any circumstance,” Woolworths state general manager Karl Weber said in a statement.

“We’ve been offering our full support to the team member and will continue to do so. We’ve also been in contact with police and will assist with investigations if any further action is taken.”

According to the SDA, 85 per cent of its members have experienced abuse from customers at work. The union, while supporting the “positive change for the environment”, has warned members of their rights about handling unhygienic reusable bags.

“In some cases, customers have also attempted to use bags which contained vomit, dirty nappies or rat faeces,” SDA national secretary Gerard Dwyer said in a statement on Sunday.

“This is obviously unacceptable and presents a serious health risk to retail staff. We ask that shoppers check the condition of the bags they intend to use prior to presenting them to retail staff.”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...ign=EditorialSF

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Measly Twerp posted:

Anyone want to draw goatse stretching Australia in the form of the logo of The Australian? It's for The Arsetralian.

Tasmania can be the ring

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Andrew Bolt Wakes Up In Hell After Passing Out On The 86 To Northcote

Southside columnist and Sky News television presenter Andrew Bolt, woke up in the early hours of this morning inside the bowels of his own personal hell after getting on the 86 outside his Docklands office – where he quickly passed out.

Initial reports suggest the conservative commentator was only planning to get the tram across the river to meet friends for dinner at Melbourne’s fabled Bourke Street Mall.

However, it wasn’t meant to be.

As the 86 slithered its way past the relative safety of Parliament Station and into the city’s wild north, the tram rocked the 58-year-old deeper and deeper to sleep.

Speaking to the non-taxpayer-funded media this afternoon, Bolt conceded that it was a ‘miracle’ that he made it through Fitzroy’s morally bankrupt Gertrude/Brunswick/Smith Street district at such a late hour unscathed.

“It’s almost a year to the day since I was attacked by masked cowards in Carlton North,” said Bolt, outside the Sky News Building in Melbourne’s conservative ‘green zone’ in Docklands.

“I’m not a fool, I know that it’s just a matter of time until somebody else tries to have a go at me. I try to mitigate these risks, somewhat. I don’t live in fear but I’m not about to paint a target on my back by having dinner with Rowan Dean at Naked For Satan of an evening’s time,”

“But last night, I made an error that could’ve ended poorly for me. Old Boltaroony could’ve been a goner.”

In a segment of his show tonight that’s since been cut by a Sky News executive producer left skittish by the recent controversy storm smothering the news media organisation, Bolt described what happened when he finally came to.

He said a mild panic swept over him like waves over drunk wallowing in the shallows of a Portsea beach.

“I thought to myself, ‘Jesus wept. I might have to fight my way out of here,’ but then I suddenly realised just how deep I was north,” he delivered deadpan to the camera.

“As I alighted from the tram, I looked up to Northcote Social Club. A place I’d only read about. A place where young men and women go to ‘hook up’ and listen to music. It was like I was looking into the eyes of Colonel Walter E. Kurtz himself. Deeper and deeper into the heart of darkness the 86 doth taketh!”

“The denizens of that suburb that good taste and Jesus forgot, began to cotton on to who I was. A crowd began to form and the hairs on the back of my neck stood like cactus spikes! My fists clenched. I beckoned the first to have a go, I was ready!”

“But then one collarless young man told me to gently caress off back to Prahran before walking away. I seized my chance and hailed a taxi. There, once back inside the safe warm bosom of that Ford Falcon, I felt safe. The nostalgic whirl of the Falcon transmission was a comfort. Told the cab driver that I was concerned about my safety up here, to not stop at traffic lights in case the unthinkable happened. In case I got Tupac’d.”

Bolt then said the taxi driver told him to take the serial-number-less Smith & Wesson .38 Detective Special from the centre console and start loading it.

Unfortunately, the Sky News board decided to stop him there.

Both Bolt and Sky News refused to comment on the matter further.

More to come.

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/advocate-in-focus/andrew-bolt-wakes-up-in-hell-after-passing-out-on-the-86-to-northcote/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://medium.com/leyonhjelm/media-statement-fdf779b06426

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
We need raptorfag to purge this thread.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/CDA39/status/1014301660082941953

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ABCthedrum/status/1014463689976672256

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Quantum Mechanic posted:

holy poo poo this thread is still going even as we collapse into a fascist hellmouth, neat

Topical: SHY is hated for two distinct reasons. One of these reasons is that she is a Woman who has Opinions, specifically about refugees.

The other is that she's a stupol hack with ambitions beyond her ability, her personal politics are awful, she's consistently on the side of party room to maintain centrist, liberal policy platforms rather than radical ones and that she is frankly not that great at her job.

She holds the Education portfolio yet refuses to meet or communicate with the Young Greens on education policy. She has released next to nothing about education, one of the party's biggest portfolios that mobilises our most consistently supportive bases (students, teachers and academics). She makes more announcements about the Murray-Darling than about schools and universities. We've been pushing like mad to make free tertiary education part of the election platform and SHY, without consultation, decided to go to the media with "your first degree is free!" which she thinks is a neat idea because Jacinda Ardern does. She was persona non grata for the entire recent higher ed deregulation push because she was over in the US doing some vanity degree at Harvard and Lee had to take over carriage of the issue without any of the stakeholder links. She swans around at the World Economic Forum getting happy snaps with neoliberal pieces of poo poo like Justin Trudeau and loving Emmanuel Macron because the aura of power and prestige is more important than any actual principle behind our economic policy.

She won the most recent preselection to stand for the Senate again by less than a %, a double-digit number of votes across the entirety of the SA Greens, and I'm only glad of that because I don't want to see Rob Simms get elected on an actually left-wing platform and then lose the seat to Centre Alliance.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Tony Abbott has rejected assertions his attempt to kill the National Energy Guarantee was designed to bring on a leadership spill, saying only Malcolm Turnbull assassinated democratically elected prime ministers.

As senior Liberals including Mr Turnbull and deputy Liberal leader Julie Bishop dismissed his calls for Australia to abandon the Paris climate change commitment and the NEG, Mr Abbott denied there was an ulterior motive, as many of his colleagues suspect.

"I don't want to change the leader because I don't believe in politically assassinating democratically elected prime ministers," Mr Abbott told radio station 2GB.

"I do not believe in that. He does, I don't."

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/992687926369648640

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1011379466772230144

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

da gently caress is this

Your former border force leader

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Breaking News:

quote:

EXCLUSIVE BRAZEN criminals are using public Facebook groups to create drug dealing hubs that connect sellers and users under the guise of fruit and vegetable marketplaces.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He's owning the Libs that's all that matters.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

JBP posted:

This guy has been a problem for ages. He was hounded out of the scene because his act was too terrible for open mic, which is borderline unbelievable. As soon as the dick got drawn everyone placed their bets and it looks like they were dead on.

What's his username?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The plastic bag ban has gone too far:

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1014789652706783232

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Getting sued for defamation to own the libs.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Laserface posted:

My aunt and uncle recently moved to a new home in an estate like that on the NSW south coast. None of the homes have storage built into them. you can drive around and looking into peoples garages and there is just mountains of boxes and belongings because they dont build any cupboards in these homes at all.

they ended up losing about 15-20% of their 2 spare bedrooms in the house just adding built in ward-robes for storage.

not to mention that theres no trees or shade loving anywhere and all the homes have black roofs. and everyones running aircon all summer to keep comfortable.

gently caress property developers.

and no eaves lol

And foundations that sink

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/smurray38/status/1015073362014420992

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/kloussikian/status/1015113137693995008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Possum: David Lleyjonhelm

Jar: Defamation law

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Getting taken to the cleaners in court to own the libs.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Reporter: Mr Leyonjhelm, it looks like you'll have to sell your house to pay the damages and your legal bills, how do you feel?
David Leyonjhelm: Wow did I own you? Are you triggered? hahahaha.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

She's nowhere near as bad as Crowe, I've just been disagreeing with her recently. Crowe basically pollutes the airwaves though, the guy has a new article up almost twice a day or something and they are all LNP wank fests.

He was working for the Australian until like a month ago.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Four Corners tomorrow night is about horse racing, how dodgy is this industry?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tonight on Four Corners we take you into the world of Mr Hands.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

avshalemon posted:

my family just bought a racehorse

But did you buy any weed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tonight on Four Corners, we investigate the Weed Supply in the Hunter Valley.

Local Kibbutznik Av Shalom says she hasn't been able to buy a joint in years.

• Locked thread