Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

yeah saying something sucks dick is pretty homophobic and you can't tone police soag out of being correct on that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Measly Twerp posted:

As you say, bad people use "sucking dick" as a negative, but since it was used as a positive here, as something we should all be ok with, what is your point?

Kindly gently caress off.

lol look at this poo poo. shut the gently caress up you loving moron. bad people, honestly. christ

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Well this will be depressing.

i was reading an article the other day about how an "aboriginal community benefit fund" company was hitting up indigenous single mothers at 30, to cover themselves and their kids for up to $100,000 over a lifetime, and then basically telling them to read the fine print after refusing to honour the claims. coincidentally the indigenous community service was being run by a white dude out of an office on the gold coast so

fuckin hang the bastards.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-01/banking-royal-commission-funeral-insurance-vulnerable-people/9910496

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

execute them on screen at the royal commission and i will donate all my tax return to your favourite indigenous chairty

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

If five demerit points are clocked up within six months, backpay will be withheld, even if they turn-up for interviews or apply for work.

lol so whats the incentive for actually doing this poo poo then. gently caress this lovely government. put michaelia cash up against a wall while we're doing the loving bankers

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

G-Spot Run posted:

Who designs a system that doesn't tell you anywhere what your eligible hours are when you've built the system from the ground up of being based on eligible hours and activity testing.

we dooo, we dooo

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

looking forward to when welfare applicants need to rock up to the local cop shop for fingerprinting and dna swab before they're eligible for half of minimum wage

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

norp posted:

Just imagine if someone had said that poo poo at an all hands company meeting

promotion

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i think my favourite iwc was the time he pretended to be a muslim woman and posted a lot about walking alone at night

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

great to see jbp was arrested for defacing the dixon memorial

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

also hey qm i hope greens things are goin well for you

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

@jbp sorry bro i didn't know you knew her, i was just makin light of your weird obsession with autism w/r/t the guy who did it

i wouldn't have posted it if i knew, i'm not that much of an rear end in a top hat

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

toml is leyonhjelm????

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

racing identity posted:

You don't need a backyard to grow cannabis

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

Heil 'Itler

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Tonight on Four Corners we take you into the world of Mr Hands.

Don't click this if you don't want to be introduced to Mr hand

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

volcel airlines will never crash. they are too powerful

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

When Liberal senator Jane Hume and Liberal Democrat David Leyonhjelm pass each other around Parliament, he tends to greet her with the phrase: "G'day, hot chick."

She typically replies: "G'day, handsome."

For Hume, a first-term senator from Victoria with a long history of advancing the cause for women in the Liberal Party, this interaction is "totally harmless". Better than that, she says, "it's fun and it makes life colourful".

oh nice i hope that random staffers yell at her about how hot she is and how they want to fuckin root her down the corridors to make her life even more fun and colourful. lets get it going aph staffers

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

Code Talker?

I thought of this too :v:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Mosquito Gear?!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

You should have to stand before a court. gently caress sitting there and saying nah I answer to God, that's bullshit.

Why?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Does justice somehow not get carried if the offender doesn't stand in the presence of the singular person that dictates their future? Talk about thin skinned

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

A bloo bloo I don't think this person who was brought to be tried before me against their will respects me very much

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

It should be contempt. No one would defend this if it was a single dad or some other white, sad sack loser in there making a point.

e: as I said, it's just a sign of respect for a core institution and what it represents, which is ostensibly justice and order.

Why do you think an action like this would be a) punished or b) reported if the "offender" wasn't brown?

Why do you think that someone who is targeted by a core institution should a) respect it and b) get punished for not doing so?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Surely there would be less indigenous deaths in custody if they just respected the institution more :shrug:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

I'm glad this core institution targets isis recruiters and their 100% on board with it families.

First they came for the ISIS recruiters who wouldn't stand up in front of a judge, and I said nothing, for I was not an ISIS recruiter

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

It's okay that brown people are punished for not requesting the magistrate's permission before having a slash, because those brown people are, ah, isis

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

CrazyTolradi posted:

I love how the only people who think that it's incredibly vital to stand for a judge are the two rusted on ALP shills and also perfect examples of white middle-upper Australians, with all the detachment from social issues faced by marginalised peoples that such a class entails.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Standing only for Allah to own the libs

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

So it's okay to punish people based on what their spouses are allegedly doing

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

None if you have a broken leg. ... Particularly galling when your husband is on trial for facilitating the grooming of minors into radical ideology and down-low deployment of Australians to a theatre of war.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

do you just, not remember what you post, or?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A SOLICITOR INTO THE SLOT. ITS MY LEARNED FRIEND AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE BOWS ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, JUDGE. I BOW WHEN I LEAVE AND I BOW WHEN I LEAVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I STAND BEFORE THE JUDGE OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP LEAVING THE COURT. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE STATES MOST IMPORTANT RITUALS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE RITUALS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY LEARNED FRIENDS LESS LONELY BY BOWING AT EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

I don't think our courts are broken

All previous posting ITT aside, it boggles the mind that you think this. The way that our courts are organised ensures that people with more money get priority over the people that don't, and anyone who can't afford legal representation out of pocket has to either hope that Legal Aid comes through to help them (and that their solicitor accepts Legal Aid) or presumably suffer through being assigned a solicitor by the police. Let alone the other things troubling it like the absolute dependence on the police (a notably and widely reported institution staffed with corrupt individuals) for procuring and managing evidence, including witness statements etc. Following that you have the abysmal rates of sentencing when it comes to cases of sexual assault and abuse. These are things that come to me off the top of my head. The courts are absolutely broken in favour of the privileged and powerful.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

For the same reason I prefer to take a union vote as a raise of hands than a secret ballot.

Peer pressure?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Quantum Mechanic posted:

fun fact one of the things I've heard a judge go off about vis-a-vis authority (not looking them directly in the eyes when they're speaking to you) is a thing that is an explicit sign of respect in a number of Aboriginal cultures

This entire thing smacks of intolerance to other cultures (would it be okay for her not to stand if her husband wasn't johnny al-qaeda?) and this is a perfect example of it

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

these are written by chris leben, producer of sbs' the feed, and not by lee lin chin, sorry if that shatters anyone in this threads dreams of not everything being run by white men

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Lee Lin Chin is a national treasure and her twitter game is on point

oh look i found one

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

Lee Lin Chin also appears on live and recorded television being cool. Writers or not who gives a poo poo. She's rad and had adopted a cool persona. I also don't want to shock anyone, but did you know stand up comics at the peak of their powers often use writers. They even edit some bits out of their specials!

I'd say it's pretty important given that they play it straight and so many people go to suck the dick of her online presence because of it. She hardly uses a phone irl. https://studentedge.org/article/what-is-it-like-writing-for-the-queen-of-aus-twitter-we-asked-chris-leben-lee-lin-chins-manservant

But yeah I'm not surprised that you find nothing wrong with a white guy making an online persona about how one of his colleagues loves to get drilled

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

The tweet just says dudes want to drill her, probably true.

The article I linked posted:

Leben, a writer on The Feed until September last year, was then tasked with writing up some sketches for Lee Lin (whom he hadn't yet met). So, he went around SBS to ask people about her.

"The first thing that we wrote into [her first sketch] was that she was a massive sex pest," Chris admits to Student Edge, ahead of his talk at TEDxYouth on Wednesday, September 6.

but yeah its just a once off and certainly not a creepy recurring factor in "her" tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

Lee Lin is being held in the SBS basement while a white man writes jokes. Pizzagate was real. Mobilise the antifa.

I know you're intentionally not picking up on my point here because you're a disingenuous piece of poo poo, but god drat you are a disingenuous piece of poo poo

• Locked thread