Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm moving to Galway see yas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Imagine caring about loving plastic bags.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah, so presumably he went gently caress this I don't have time to bounce around this lovely retail outlet looking for this thing I don't really want and they don't even have in stock.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Knorth posted:

I don't care whether or not some old banker felt like waiting around to try out a fit bit tbh

Yes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Ha ha, multiple people would've been involved in this but let's pick a fall guy and move on

The producer would have said "do this it's my show" and it would have been done. I'm surprised they did anything at all.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Media Watch gets about half a million viewers more than Bolt does, which is to say it gets about half a million viewers.

10,000 of his viewers are TVs in lunch and conference rooms that haven't been switched off.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sounds like he wants the other people on triple M that laughed at the joke about the doctor to also get the sack which is a reasonable take.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Turnbull's gonna win lmao, time to ASPIRE.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Whitlam posted:

Does anyone actually give a poo poo about the Logies who isn't nominated for one? I feel like moving them to Queensland is a pretty big sign that nobody actually cares anymore (assuming they ever did).

I think people cared in the 70s and 80s before real choice was introduced. I also think Joey from Friends did us a big favour by demonstrating how bad the Logies are.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm glad you're here to contribute nothing but the policing of rules that only you are aware of.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

"sucking dick" is American in Australia we actually say "downing a dingo"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I don't, I believe in every Australian's right to say oval office in good faith.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nice work granting PHL his hard earned thread derailment.

Page 3 no less. A new record.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

We should just have a points system where entering the red zone bans you from public places until you fix it. You also have to wear a hat with a light on it that uses the green, amber, red system.

Also if you go into red zone an alarm sounds perpetually until you rectify it.

JBP fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 2, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

lol so whats the incentive for actually doing this poo poo then.

They turn the money back on.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The world of Logan's Run is actually good and the runners are fuckhead wreckers.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I got whatever the student thing was when I was in uni and have mercifully never had to interact with centrelink again. I've got two friends that are centrelink reliant rn (one has a permanent injury and one just has the shittiest luck of anyone I've ever met) and what they go through as far as time and stress seems way more onerous than having a crappy job.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The parliament needs a total top to bottom overhaul when it comes to operations. So much of the system is predicated on gentlemanly politeness that simply doesn't exist and it needs to set the benchmark for people's workplace behaviour nationally in the same way the government agencies purport to be benchmark employers when it comes to their conditions.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Konomex posted:

If I ever lost my job and was forced into unemployment and spent months upon months being squeezed through a lovely jobseeker process and then they forced my phone to flash red because I couldn't attend an appointment I think I'd turn to crime.

Regular people thrust into this sort of thing will more likely get depression and kill themselves.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

froglet posted:

Thirdly - social stratification. If you are well-off, you probably only hang out with other well-off people, unless you deign to step out of your privilege bubble. It's hard to empathise with the nameless and faceless, and easier to "other" them or deny they exist.

I kind of disagree with this. Plenty of poorer people in warehouses have bounced on and off Centrelink and hate it's clients more than the effete middle class.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Solemn Sloth posted:

Loving Fairfax running a string of articles by people crying poor about child care on a combined income above $350k

What the gently caress

HAHAHA HOLY loving poo poo

"Under the new scheme, the rebate is means-tested against the family income and once this reaches $351,248, you are no longer eligible, regardless of how much the primary carer earns. Because my partner is the main breadwinner in our family, we no longer qualify for any childcare subsidy. With the cost of quality childcare in the area we live, for both my children, I will now be paying $45 a day above my daily earnings (after tax) to go back to work and treat hospital patients."

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Jesus Christ this person is saying that inequality is being driven by her $350k income household having to pay for childcare. gently caress me dead just kill me now.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Have we got any hot takes from Daisy re SHY controversy?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

"the little monkey man/woman inside us all"

This is where Daisy believes injustice, sexism and racism comes from.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

I am on the weed stocks train ride and it is a very fun ride.

Heroin, guns, green energy, weed. These are the four pillars of my investment strategy.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Guys at the Murray Goulburn DC can clear 100k no worries.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Well could... A lot took redundancies (and good on them, we were talking blokes with 90 weeks coming to them) and others got replaced with drones. But the drones didn't work and they're still parked out the back with the other useless poo poo rofl

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Make all home schooling. Only men may homeschool their kids. Welcome to the own zone when all the kids are massively hosed up.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I hope they work out through some chicanery that you can sue the government of the day for breaching workplace laws

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They're just building the database for Mal's bludger busting drone fleet.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

There has to be some system for managing and assessing who is accessing nearly $200b in welfare, but this is a stupid way to do it compared to like any other alternative.

especially if they're mainly going to focus on unemployment benefits since that's such a small chunk

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Solemn Sloth posted:

Kill anyone as soon as they’re eligible to receive the OAP (based solely on age, liquidation is not means tested),seize their assets. There I just solved your budget problem.

I agree. I've always supported a Logan's Run style limited lifespan.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

You just know it's 9/10ths that she's female and young but not "pretty" like Larissa Waters or a battle-hardened warrior like Rachael Siewart so she gets poo poo on repeatedly by supposed "woke" activist men who really couldn't give a poo poo about a women who they wouldn't gently caress or doesn't remind them of their mum.

She was loving annoying initially but settled into her job and is pretty good now imo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I always thought I was about to have a schizoid embolism when SHY was on because it was like being mentally assaulted by every single student politics lecture invader at once.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Is there anywhere you can actually watch that Sky segment or the part in question?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Les Affaires posted:

Probably not anymore, ABC articles declined to publish the transcript or the video for decorum's sake. If it's potential jury fodder in the future then it might cause complications for media who publish it as well.

For all of these reasons I went and checked his youtube channel for it, but it isn't up there either.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

When the Cory hotline says you hosed up, you hosed up bad.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

He really needed to watch the footage of Jeff Kennett calling someone a paedophile in parliament before deftly winking and smirking at cameras in public, while never mentioning what he actually said.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

What's the real reason? 50/50 favor to whoever is selling them the software/easy way to get all your undesirables facial recognition data

It's 100% an easy way to bank the facial data of future enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I think it's a hoop jumping exercise, but it's also a good way to bank facial recognition data. If I were the Liberals, I would be going to great lengths to ensure police forces had access to data on poors.

• Locked thread