Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

G-Spot Run posted:

No Fat Chicks

Senator Leyonhjelm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Comstar posted:

It's more likely to topple the Opposition leader - there's a campaign in the media being built by someone to do it.

Yeah, the usual "by-elections tend to go to the incumbent" narrative has amazingly dried up. Now suddenly if Labor don't win these seats they didn't hold in the first place it's a comment on Shorten's leadership.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

How? There are 5 by-elections. 4 seats are held by Labor already, and in the 5th Labor have never been remotely competitive.

No no no no, they don't have to explain how, they just keep repeating it until it becomes true

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bandaid.friend posted:

Our industry, which is not at all cruel to animals, cannot survive now we are required not to be cruel to animals

bandaid.friend posted:

Our industry, which is not at all killing the planet, cannot survive now we are required to stop killing the planet

bandaid.friend posted:

Our industry, which is not at all about fleecing the poor, cannot survive now we are required to stop fleecing the poor

It works in so many ways!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

G-Spot Run posted:

the white collar fee reduction application

What's this?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ha ha, multiple people would've been involved in this but let's pick a fall guy and move on

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Imagine how garbage you have to be to have people rallying behind Sarah Hanson young against you, Jesus

Imagine how lovely you have to be to take a case of sexual harassment and make it about the victim

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JBP posted:

Jesus Christ this person is saying that inequality is being driven by her $350k income household having to pay for childcare. gently caress me dead just kill me now.

also this

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Child care and elderly care should be state run and not for profit

If governments believe in full employment and "getting people into the workplace" they need to fund that poo poo

If governments believe inter-generational theft is bad, then old people who require care should not need to lose their home and 80% of their pension to afford it

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

cheese-cube posted:

Ahahahahhaaaaa https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...27938134f946a53

quote:

Senator Leyonhjelm said Mr Turnbull and Bill Shorten had failed to acknowledge that misandry was as bad a misogyny.

Truly the gift that just keeps on giving.

This was a line that actually appeared in a published article. gently caress me dead

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Imagine how lovely you have to be to take a case of sexual harassment and make it about the victim

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

gucci bane posted:

Let's get rid of parliamentary privilege. This won't backfire

Nobody's suggesting this?

I think the Speaker of the House should have reasonable powers to strike something from parliamentary privilege if it is found to be overly insulting, harassing or threatening.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Really need a word filter for "libertarian" to "dickhead" or "paedophile"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Les Affaires posted:

That wraps it then, he's just pining for attention and assuming SHY will drop the case.

I'm honestly just glad there were gasps from the audience rather than cheers

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

jfc

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

mateo you're in the wrong state if what's happening to the Murray Darling isn't important to you

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hopefully now that Xenophon has removed his name from it Centre Alliance are dead in the loving water for future SA elections

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

Sharkie is leading Georgia Downer 62-38 in the polls for Mayo

exception that proves the rule

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Unless he decides to run again I guess?

I honestly think the last SA election has completely tanked his rep. If he came back and slapped his name on the Centre Alliance again (if they let him) I think it'd be diminishing returns.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

da gently caress is this

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Plus the national broadcaster is encouraged to strive for balance and so gives a lot of airtime to one particular right-wing think-tank (that itself has an incestuous relationship with both the conservative Coalition and the Murdoch press).

Can they find no one else to present right wing views other than those loving bottom feeders at the IPA?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

racing identity posted:

I remember reading from some (ex?) ABC producer that booking shows like QandA and The Drum is very difficult because it is so difficult to find coherent right-wing voices, and they end up just going back to the IPA well because they can at least look presentable and speak well on camera.

I'm imagining them contacting a right-wing think tank and just getting slavering, incoherent rambling from the other end of the phone and it warms my heart

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Aren't there laws about kids that young working?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

norp posted:

There are family business exemptions

You missed the parts about all of his business activities being 100% funded by his parents. It's effectively pocket money from the bank of mum&dad

Hey kid, stop taking a job that should go to a poor, impoverished 60 year old. They can't afford those 15c bags otherwise.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cheap Trick posted:

Guess what direction Cat Hat's going with this

If nothing else you have to appreciate there's one rear end in a top hat who'll just keep digging

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

RIP the only post-Chaser show that isn't awful

War on Waste is alright

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

War on Waste is alright

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

A bit late, but I'd like to thank Planet Armerica for finding an expert who explained that Trump wasn't actually losing track of detained children a week before it came out he was literally locking them up in child internment camps. Great reporting.

Planet America sucks and has apparently given Chas the brain worms

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Leaving it to the locals guarantees you'll never get high density housing because NIMBYism locks in hard. Can't have high rises, they'll: block my solar panels, ruin my view, lower my property values!

It should be left to urban planners because they have the scope and the stats. It should definitely not be left to property developers.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Don Dongington posted:

Now, I know I'm not the only one in here that works for a uni, and I'm sure it's not news to most that IF YOU WANT VICE CHANCELLOR'S TO ACTUALLY FUND CYBER SECURITY, YOU NEED TO STOP TAKING OUR FUNDING AWAY YOU LEG HUMPING NEOLIBERAL FUCKS.

We have a dedicated cyber security team :smuggo:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It really doesn't get more projection-y than "toxic ideology" huh?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Friend of mine said Lionhat had jumped the shark on Facebook - I pointed out that something needed to be enjoyable in the first place to jump the shark which lead to some other friends (including MrsMG) asking what jump the shark even meant :3:

Luckily said friend is over Lionhat so I didn't need to point out all his bullshittery but thanks Lionhat for turning people off of libertarianism more

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Oh she also thinks compulsory super is bad.

thumbs down

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ha ha you think there'll be consequences for this

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

When Universities no longer get government funding, what will the Libs do for policy?!?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Reporter: Mrs Shalom, you haven't been able to buy weed in years, why do you persist in trying?

Avshalom: I believe my guide Ariel directs me to the magic 'erb

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

She typically replies: "G'day, handsome."

Is this like when you call your fat mate "slim"?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hooman posted:

We seriously need some pushback against this "African Gangs" poo poo. Normal non propagandized people are starting to spout it off because it's being thrown at them so often.

Amidst all the "woe is Aunty" posting here Media Watch is still great, and called out Seven last time this came around for using footage from other countries they've scraped from YouTube. I missed it last night but I'm sure they'll be looking at that episode as well.

Haven't seen the show, and never will, but the ad during the footy was utterly shameless. Showing a gormless cop not answering (because they didn't show his answers) gotcha questions interspersed with grainy footage of Africans causing trouble which could've come from anywhere.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Reclines Obesily posted:

african gangs jumping turnstiles and plastic bags torn from aussie battler hands? what this means for australias fat kids

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

We've got private health insurance and it has helped with having the babies, once we were in hospital everything was free, which included an extended stay for SMG as she had low blood sugar.

MrsMG also needs glasses so we get some benefit out of that, but once baby #2 is out in the world I might see if I can talk her into giving it the flick. How does the lifetime loading work if you ditch PHI after you're 30?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

snoremac posted:

Outsiders boycott got a literal HOW DARE YOU out of Bolt, very pleasing.

how did they even tell people were boycotting

• Locked thread