Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Another soul experiences the phantom pain. Hideo a genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I initially wrote a lot of text here but it just resulted in me having to explain more and more about the situation at hand so I'm just going to try to keep this as simple and short as possible.

If you are friends (not best friends but more definitely more than acquaintances) with someone who was most definitely in something that can be described as an unhealthy relationship, is it okay to want to talk to them about that, or do you feel it is better to let them be because while you know it is unhealthy, you don't really have any business poking around in their relationship?

Additionally, if you don't think it's right to poke around and tell her your thoughts, does it suddenly become fine to tell her your thoughts if she accuses you of being in an unhealthy relationship first?

Imo you should bad mouth the couple to mutual friends for years until someone else does the dirty work for you. Unless its like violent or whatever then its probably best not to be a coward like moi

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cpt toad demo had me going "oh ok i get it, cute but whatevs"

Octopath demo has me going "oh dammmmnnnn gimme dat now"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Can't wait to play Red Faction: Guerrilla Remastered this month. I loved the original and I hope the remaster has a lot of improvements to the graphics.

I think acg had 20 mins of gameplay a few days ago

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No, theyre mainly there to practice physics experiments on. Run past them after that gets old

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Discount Viscount posted:

Pocket Rumble coming to Switch not listed in the OP, presumably because digital games would stretch it out, but hey it's out Thursday.

BotW's enemies drop materials which can be used for recipes and upgrading all the various outfits. Also remember you have infinite bombs.

Whats the price on pocket rumble?

You get more than enough mats in zelda

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

death of the outsider is such an obvious course correction from dlc to standalone game because d2 flopped
really disappointed in the reused levels, and new levels being linear enemy gauntlets

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Moon Monster posted:

Have they even shown anything about that game aside from the gently caress-monkey trailer? Like, do we know what the game is actually going to be?

Its literally a nms clone

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh and re: dishonored 2 flopping

Dont release a niche sp game in fall up against a million other fps games, put it in january.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did Michel Ancel abandon Wild in order to go whole hog on this Star Citizen-level bullshit

Seems like it. Rip snake tit goddess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

I'm OK with that, Wild looked like something they shouldn't be doing.

I was down for a cool weird game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I looked up wild
https://www.google.com/amp/s/waypoint.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/zmgzze/what-happened-to-wild-michael-ancels-open-world-game-from-2014

Ancel posted to social media that he was working overtime at wild sheep productions in december 2017, and someone from wild sheep said the game exists still in very unhelpful pr speak for this april 2018 article.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I made moving day on a day when my wife was working cause its just easier to only have one anxious person driving the workmen crazy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What am i missing about hyper light drifter everyone seems to like it but its like really obtuse and the map is very vague about where i am and im lost in a lame maze on the eastern side getting no where and having no fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I go to the shop guys and its like here are some wacky symbols oops sorry no upgrades for you yet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ohh where can i check my borps in the field?

Is there a better side to go first than east? Theres a lot of places there that feel like you need the multiple dash in a row power to get through cause of all the fire vents.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ok. Ill try and have more fun but gently caress this map tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ok i think i like hld better now that i know im looking for switches to push but i ran around a long time trying to get to the fourth switch to unlock the north boss but after giving up cause of a dead end, the internet says you only need 3 of the 4 to get to the boss and the 4th becomes reachable after the boss.

Who is the brain wizard that thought this poo poo up. I would like to make sure hes not like an alien who has never had to convey info to a human before.

Thanks game dev dude.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

i mean the thing is with hyper light drifter is there's literally no voice acting nor text, so none of this stuff has names unless you look it up on a wiki.

Yeah its like ok this guy on steam says modules and this guy on another forum says switches

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arent gamestop heavily invested in or own funkopops?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Good luck fak.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Optometrists are all assholes i tell them keep that loving gross eyedrop poo poo away from me if i have glaucoma its my problem your job is telling the glasses factory what lens to make thats why they locked you in the back of the drat warby parker and its not goddamn eyeball general hospital in here!!!!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

That's another thing I'm worried about, I'm concerned that this will only be a temp fix if she goes through with it, since the problem here isn't specifically the glasses but rather her poor self-esteem and how she sees herself, I don't know how long it'll be after the laser eye surgery before she potentially relapses and says that she's still ugly and hideous. If that even happens at all. I don't know.

Its a tough road bud. Bake some brownie mix and tell her you love her.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

anyone have any thoughts on Onrush?

I played the demo. Its like roller derby in a car. Got bored fast. It came out last week and is already on sale too which is weird

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

I’m due for a Dark Souls 3 playthrough. Need build suggestions, goofy is good

Just find a weapon and buff its stat, ds3 is too bland for fun builds

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Grey posted:

I'm not sure where to post this... have people already talked about all the free games Amazon Prime members get this month?

- Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition: July 2-4
- Metal Slug 3: July 3 - August 2
- The Last Blade: July 3 - August 2
- Twinkle Star Sprites: July 3 - August 2
- Q.U.B.E. 2: July 3-4
- Battle Chef Brigade: July 4-11
- Manual Samuel: July 5-12
- Gonner: July 6-13
- Next Up Hero: July 7-14
- Uurnog Uurnlimited: July 8-14
- Hue: July 9-15
- Deponia Doomsday: July 10-16
- Observer: July 11-17
- Tacoma: July 12-18
- The Bridge: July 13-26
- Brutal Legend: July 14-27
- The Red Strings Club: July 15-21
- Tyranny: July 16-18
- Broken Age: July 17-31
- The Framed Collection: July 18-31
- Serial Cleaner: July 18-31

How does one claim these?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Caidin posted:

I adore Vanillaware games and wish they'd all come out for the switch, Dragons Crown had a ps4 release a while back I keep meaning to pick up. Was that game well received? The only thing I really remember people saying about back when it was coming out was complaints about the T&A levels.

Its a good game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GUI posted:

Dragon's Crown is a fun game but it became unplayable for me when you had a full party, even if it was AI companions. You couldn't see what the gently caress was going on with all the characters and particle effects on-screen, made even worse by the fact that most of my playtime was spent on the handheld Vita version. I'd assume it's slightly less chaotic on a big screen but I heard the same complaints.
They tried to fix it by patching an arrow over your character or something similar, but it didn't help much.

I felt this way on old versions but havent had the problem on ps4. Maybe its the 4k

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kid icarus question:
The item shops in the first level have like impossibly high prices is there a trick to get those items like im missing a big bunch of secret hearts?

Also im not playing the game just remembering from 30 years ago

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is view to a kill a real bond movie or like a fake one. Idk but its really bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Is Octopath Traveler a game where you pick a character from the start and that's your main character for the rest of the game, 7th Saga style, or is it a game where each character has their own story and you need to play through all of them to complete the game, Live-A-Live style?

No. You pick a character to start and go around recruiting the other 7.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Didnt gw2 come out like 15 years ago who are these people?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

Innes McKendrick has a good thread about the ArenaNet thing here

https://twitter.com/innesmck/status/1015279881830256640?s=21

I feel like I'm a bit of a killjoy itt because I'm constantly bringing up things like this and Boogie288 and other gaming politics poo poo but I feel like they're important and speak to very deep issues regarding the culture of games.

Also I really loving like dunking on Boogie in part because I totally shared his completely myopic and lovely white dude worldview when I was younger and insanely dumb.

Bring up whatever. its worth chatting about. This situation is dumb as heck tho. Shouldnt have been fired for twitter but dang she goes hard from jump. The whole thing feels like a keeping it real skit from chappelle show

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Colonel posted:

yeah imo this entire thing gets pretty one-sided with the context that this is just poo poo she's been dealing with, forever

She should start killing imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steam claims they are launching their own steamspy like service soon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hitman 2016 flopped bigly on pc probably due to the terrible episodic release and messaging around that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bill Buckner posted:

That's a shame, I thought Berseria was pretty good.

Zesteria is so bad many people dont care about tales now
rear end creed origins is also supposedly good but lol at jumping in early on the new decade of yearly rear end creed whatever games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

littleorv posted:

Is the Dying Light DLC worth it? I have the itch to play it again.

Its like 3 times bigger than the main game so yeah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Heard that twitch gives out games constantly to prime members and went looking but i cant figure some stuff out:

Are the free twitch prime games part of an extra twitch membership or is it included in the amazon prime price?

I dont have a twitch account, is there a way to log in via amazon or link my amazon account to a new twitch account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mutata posted:

I'm pretty sure you just link your Amazon Prime account to your Twitch account and then you get the stuff under a crown-shaped button in the upper right. You have to use them through the Twitch launcher though.

Ok so make twitch acct > link to amazon prime > click crown > big time :pcgaming:

• Locked thread