Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Every so often the world will update to the next tier of enemies (I think it's based on blood moons?) and they'll all be holding better weapons for you to loot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

the nendo people make another line of figures that's a little less stylized called figmas, that are more expensive but still cheaper than buying the Serious poo poo

Nendos look way better than Figmas, imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

yo negros what steams should i buy

what do you like, what do you already have, whats your budget

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

Oblivion reaction: drat I've been systematically killing all the leaders of the Dark Brotherhood? I did not see that coming! :aaaaa:

yeah the dark brotherhood questline rules

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

it's not extremely controversial that myst sucks

it's not like mindblowing by modern standards but it's good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
funko pops are for people who don't have enough courage to buy nendos

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there a thread for Six Ages I can't find? I was able to borrow an old iPhone to play it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

drat, the ending of the Oblivion Thieves Guild questline looks like it's going to be the most intense poo poo ever :stare:

It's really cool yeah

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Six Ages is really good. Well worth the trouble of borrowing an iphone

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think there are any games other than six ages where you can cause a religious schism by insisting that your ancestral hero hosed an Elf once

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ESO is a competent single player experience set in Tamriel, if that's what you want, but it's just too drat long to be good for that imo. I got like 80 hours in and was just sorta done with it. I wasn't even max level yet.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ffxiv is cool but I can't possibly recommend it to anyone because you have to play the equivalent of 4 back to back full-length JRPGs to get to the endgame. Most of that content is fairly fun but it's something like 150 hours to be ready to do max level content which is just inexcusable

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I literally cannot see the appeal of twitter

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If companies don't want to deal with their game designers not being ideal public faces of the company, they should hire a real PR person and then make it company policy for designers not to interact with fans. If interacting with fans in a snippy way is a firable offense then the bare minimum of effort should be done to prevent it.

I definitely agree it's a worker's rights thing at least, in addition to any gender issues involved.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cowcaster posted:

"i can't see the appeal of twitter", said the person posting on an internet forum in the year of our lord 2018

I see the appeal of internet forums!!!

I also see the appeal of discord. Basically, unsorted discussion or discussion sorted by person seem way way worse than discussion sorted by topic

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Unless the company in question had an explicit policy that employees should leave public interaction to the PR people and not even try to represent the company on twitter, then it's basically their own drat fault that some of their employees don't perfectly represent their ~brand~ and she shouldn't have received more than a slap on the wrist

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My real takeaway from all this is I'm super glad I work at a university instead of a corporation

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

In Training posted:

Whats the difference lol.

the government, at least in this state, generally won't fire you over loving nothing

the culture is also pretty chill because I work with a bunch of scientists instead of corporate suits but that's just my corner of the university not the entire thing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

an actual dog posted:

lol people get fired from universities over online mobs constantly

well then maybe my real takeaway is I'm glad I'm not on social media then

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Snooze Cruise posted:

Its going to be very hard for me to run for president when everyone sees what i posted on SA when I was 18-22

Personally I write in vote for whichever goon made the best post during the presidential campaign every four years

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you promise to use drones to kill every immigrant and abortion doctor I'm sure you could get republicans to vote for you anyways

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Six Ages is real good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
if you want to start a religious schism based around the question of "did our ancestral hero gently caress an elf?" then six ages might be the game for you

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

haveblue posted:

So did he?

This is the face of a man who hosed an elf imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hit game Six Ages came out like two weeks ago and has dinosaurs in it

Not as many as King of Dragon Pass did, but they're there

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also birds are in lots of games and birds are dinosaurs

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dragons are giant fire breathing cats. Dinosaurs are giant ferocious birds. They're very different.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

chumbler posted:

Everyone, do not accept the false narrative this person is peddling.

Lol if you think birds=dinosaurs diminished dinosaurs rather than elevating birds

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

I've plugged my way through the Fighters Guild questline in Oblivion now. Most of the quests were dull and generic but it really picked up at the end there with the final two quests with the Blackwood Company. I especially loved the bit where after you kill everyone that annoying fuckwit who kept dropping his contracts shows up and you get to kill him too.

Now I've just got the Mages Guild, the final part of the main quest and all of Shimmering Isles. The end is in sight!

Have you not even done the beginning of the Mages Guild? You'll be kicking yourself when you realize the reward for entering the Arcane University.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I use this thread for finding out whether or not a game is good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Colonel posted:

august is the month where i turn 20 and play yakuza 0

I'm surprised anyone under 20 has even heard of Something Awful

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I came here for the LPs. I don't remember how I found out about them. I don't even read LPs very often anymore, but here I am still posting

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FirstAidKite posted:

What game has the worst introduction before finally letting you loose to do whatever you want?

I wanna say FF13 but I feel like that's too easy of an answer and that there are bound to be other options that are worse

FF13 doesn't ever let you loose. The tightly constrained play isn't an introduction, it's the game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
People who are rude to annoying customers should be promoted imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

I don’t think Twitter is the problem (in this case), boss is just lovely

Customer service workers should probably be polite, I mean it’s kind of their job, but this woman is not a customer service worker

and she was off the clock, which is apparently a concept that doesn't exist in our corporatist dystopian future

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

chumbler posted:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a game that exists entirely for Liam O'Brien, and for that reason at least it is good.

FFXIII-2 is good but it's inferior to Valkyrie Profile 2 in the hammy Liam O'Brien villain department

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
why are you posting random lovely tweets in the games chat thread

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
One time I clicked on a random video guide to something or other and it started out by havign the guy explain step by step with video instructions how to like and subscribe

I did not watch the rest of the video

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Which exploitive mobile gacha games are best? I have a terrible hunger.

Fire Emblem Heroes is like an actual Fire Emblem game (writ small) rather than just being a thinly disguised Skinner box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's kinda hosed up that some people would willingly not include Freya in their party

• Locked thread