Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

homeless snail posted:

the jade thing is a fakeout, its probably jade's mom. pey'j would be in a bg&e prequel for sure because he knew her parents before they came to system 4
Nah, its Jade. They establish at the end of the first game that Jade isn't human, but is actually some kind of living superweapon that Pey'j and Jade's adopted parents saved from the DOMZ. The real question the new trailer brings up is how Pey'j knew Jade before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The thread playlist has a disturbing lack of Shadow Hearts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foSu7jxwctA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08IEiIfkeeE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKrncIbJdVc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmjmndxmGlY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcm3ak-SLqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGWVzDhDHMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYiwMd5y78E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moUQQFPN_4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MRHV_Cf41E

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

cheetah7071 posted:

Is there a thread for Six Ages I can't find? I was able to borrow an old iPhone to play it
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859663

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SwqdNQ9vEk

:smuggo:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

littleorv posted:

Is the Dying Light DLC worth it? I have the itch to play it again.
The Following definitely is.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

the best genesis composers are yuzo koshiro, the composers at treasure and the unreleased sega genesis version of time trax by tim follin
You forgot about those once good folks at Konami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZDcxgT0h0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH9X1iRAjC0

Special mention for Contra Hard Corps which both Michiru Yamane and Akira Yamaoka helped work on.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

i don't really want to give props to omikron for having a neat setting because it absolutely wastes it on a script that tries to be so self-aware it loops back around to being dumb instead of intriguing and its approach only makes the more vaguely gross parts in the first couple hours even grosser
Also its an insult to compare it to Anarchonox because Anachronox is actually real good and is genuinely funny.

Cage keeps making games while Anarchonox will never have the sequel it desperately needs. :smith:

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 10, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

GUI posted:

Thinking about late 90s games I'm sure Urban Chaos is still the only action game to this day where the main character was a black woman.
The only other one with just a female black protag I can think of is rear end Creed Liberation with Aveline.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I have very little desire to play Hollow Knight because I really hate it when games punish you by making you lose a bunch of time and progress. Repeating stuff you already completed to get to where you died isn't hard, its just tedious and wasting your time.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 10, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I really don't get why indie Metroidvania devs insist on making them twitch platformers/ have twitch platforming segments when Metroid and Castlevania were/had neither.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The first Metroid isn't even a good game, its just a labyrinth of samey cave corridors with no map.

Zero Mission is exponentially better in every way.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The new backer demo felt even more like a follow-up to Ecclesia, so honestly if you think its bad the Metroidvania style Castlevanias just aren't for you, because Bloodstained feels just like them to me as a fan of those games.

I also think none of the indie Metroidvanias have been as great as the genre namesakes. I liked stuff like Guacamelee and Pirate's Curse, but none of them measure up to how much I loved Metroid and Castlevania.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 10, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I think procgen is mainly garbage and a sign that you can't do good level design to me, so its usually an instant turn off to me. The only game I can think of where I didn't mind it was Shadow Warrior 2.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 11, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

an actual dog posted:

oh lol I hated Shadow Warrior 2's progen. It's a pretty good game but the first one is way better.
Yeah, I liked 1 better too.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Phantasium posted:

still disappointed she wasn't in god of war
She'd just be an unwinnable boss fight because Kratos couldn't beat her.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

bloodychill posted:

Can there be a twitter except it's just for writers and comedians? I want that version of twitter.
Also preferably one not run by a white supremacist.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Gotta have a high IQ to play that game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
A remaster that also includes a localized version of Brother Nier along with it would be cool.

Even though Papa Nier will always be canon in my heart.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Do not slander Keanu, because he is legit like one of the nicest dudes in Hollywood.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Skypie posted:

how many of those dudes crying in the replies do you think were also saying "hm actually it's good that Jessica Price got fired" last week
It's an entirely overlapping circle.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

chumbler posted:

What if this makes colonial marines the greatest game ever made now?
It still prevented us from having an Aliens RPG made by Obsidian, so no.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

al-azad posted:

At least with Policenauts it's completely player engaged which is amazing restraint when companies like ELF were at the top of their game. If you don't act like a pervert you never get the perverted dialog and I like how the game sort of flags this and rips on you every time you talk to a woman.

MGS4 he just wanted an excuse to have motion capture supermodels. It's the dumbest poo poo in the series but MGS4 is the dumbest game.

MGS5 is legit good game. Quiet is dumb but she has all of four scenes.
There's still Ground Zeroes and everything that happens to Paz and Chico which is peak :yikes:.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Snooze Cruise posted:

I don't like DanganRonpa. I like mysteries, but the mystery part of it didn't do anything for me. And I can enjoy a good death game, as long as its not overly cynical, but DanganRonpa did felt, overly cynical (I mean Battle Royale itself was pretty cynical but, I dunno, it cynicism felt much more political?) And then the stuff with Chihiro kinda stuck around and left a bad taste in my mouth so I don't think I ever got past either the 3rd or 4th case? Also I just couldn't really get into any of the characters.

I dunno, I just never really god what other's were seeing in that game. Maybe I didn't gave it a fair enough shake, because I have a lot of people whose opinion I respect on things who are really into it.
Dangan Ronpa is just really bad, its not just you.

GUI posted:

Was DanganRonpa the game that Slowbeef translated as he played many years ago in the LP sub-forum which caused an influx of new members to register just for it and subsequently a ton of embarrassingly bad posts, probations and bans?
It wasn't Slowbeef, it was orenronen, but yes.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

oddium posted:

what’s the greatest twist in gaming........ i didn’t actually see “V has come to” coming but all the clues are obvious a second time around
One of my personal favorites is in Planescape, that both Morte and Dak'kon have been both lying to you the whole time and that they both know who you are. Learning what the Practical Incarnation did to Dak'kon especially came as a gut punch after finishing Dak'kon's sidequest.

cheetah7071 posted:

Umineko starts solid but has a really really terrible ending and is way too far up its own rear end in general.
Umineko should have stayed as an Agatha Christie story where a smug, classy witch trolls a bunch of rich assholes like in the very beginning, but then it gets a terminal case of anime poisoning and never recovers.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

Can't believe this japanese visual novel was like an anime, who could have predict,
There are degrees of anime and Umineko goes in pretty hard with bunny girl demons and the like in which is supposed to be a serious murder mystery pretty quick.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Btw if you wanna do detective stuff in a videogame the best is Sherlock Crimes and Punishments, maybe the best mystery investigation game ever made
This. Her Story and Contradiction are also really good, but C&P really nails how to do a really good traditional detective game and its a shame no one has taken inspiration from it. :smith:

Snooze Cruise posted:

I take a small tiny dose of anime everyday in case the assassin's sent by my brother attempt to kill me by anime poisoning. I already found cds in my disc drive burned with the Utena OP that I do not ever remember creating.
The battle of wits with Vizzini except he dies from watching Love Live.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 16, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

I also love LA Noire but I realize that's a controversial (yet correct) opinion
I feel LA Noire would have been better if it came out nowadays (2K's insistence on online multiplayer aside) because I get the feeling that it wouldn't be forced to have shooting segments and would be allowed to just be a straight adventure game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also Cole Phelps is an rear end in a top hat.

Kanfy posted:

Due to the nature of the game you can get the main twist on the first search you make, IIRC searching for "her story" brings it up immediately for example. That game's more about getting to know the people involved and what exactly it was that led to the incident.
Yeah, I got the whodunnit part of the game really early on, the how and why became more of the driving force. Though I actually didn't stumble upon the whole twins revelation until towards the end.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Anyway who do I have to beat up to somehow get a sequel to Contradiction. I know its never going to happened but I love that game.
I will continue to periodically cry out in to the void for Tim Follin to make a sequel until he does.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 16, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Raxivace posted:

In a similar vein Tidus in FFX being the only party member you can rename just like how you can rename the rest of your aeons is neat.
Also the fact that Yuna doesn't get a Water Aeon, because she already has Tidus.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Phantasium posted:

As I'm playing Horizon i'm reminded of the thing that sucks the most in open world games, when you come across the unique and cool environment where some obvious story mission is but you've not unlocked that mission or quest or whatever so the setpiece is empty or halfassed and then is pretty boring when it actually happens because you've seen it.
Ah, you fought that one Stormbird on the mountaintop early too?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Motto posted:

Only took pic of demo mode, but I genuinely didn't know this one existed. Cute but pricey.

https://twitter.com/Rafclan/status/1019290967076147207?s=19
I've actually played it with a friend, its a real quarter muncher.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Dante you're getting a new game, you don't need to slum it in somebody else's game anymore.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 17, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'm glad SA is passed the point where goons felt the need to pretend that Homestar Runner wasn't amazing
What kind of utterly wrong and broken people did that?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

that looks very unsatisfying to play
It's a mobile game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

chumbler posted:

Capcom should make a Darkstalkers musou game.
Fixed that for you, friend.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

homeless snail posted:

instead street fighter yakuza, with really intense hour long cutscenes of like chun-li talking to blanka
Just resurrect Final Fight and have it be like Yakuza.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
No cursed images in this thread.

The Colonel posted:

a yakuza-style final fight would own if it was like about poison and mike haggar going on a big crime adventure but capcom would never make it about that thus there is no purpose to bringing final fight back

in general just give me a single player action game starring poison and i'll buy it
Poison, Haggar, and Zeku/Maki would be a rad Final Fight MC trio.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 21, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Dewgy posted:

So, Heavy Rain... what the gently caress was the point of that dream sequence? David Cage just wanted to pointlessly show a woman getting assaulted and murdered for no reason as her intro? :psyduck:
David Cage is a creep that kept his own personal scrapbook of photos of Ellen Page.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

i like the article about that that portrays it as david cage's brilliant auteur thought process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm sorry Leo. I wasn't expecting the prompt and it came too fast. Please forgive me.

• Locked thread