Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

a bitchin jetski posted:

What an awful list of new releases.

Thank gently caress.

Say another cross word about Captain Toad in my presence bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

If you don’t love me at my Hodeo you don’t deserve me at my Kojumbo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Monthly reminder to take breaks every hour of playing games. I’m serious, please do this

I refuse. No gods, no masters.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Colonel posted:

i still hate it because no matter where bge2 goes at this point they've completely loving tainted it trying out a business practice that's already lovely enough in other fields and didn't need to be introduced to loving aaa game development

gently caress ubisoft so hard

It's really amazing how they managed to get me to go "I'm interested in that!" with what little the showed of the game, and then immediately just tanked it into the ground with the announcement of the fan created stuff. On top of annoucning that, they didn't mention monitization at all.

And then later when they were like "okay you're right we didn't talk about it, here's the deal" it turned out to be exactly what everyone thought. Ubisoft you are too big of a company to pull that poo poo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I would buy Golden Girls Nendroids

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

For the record, I would buy them, as a fan of the golden girls, unironicly

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/jordan_alexis05/status/1013779606401441793

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

Unrelatedly, when I play games there's nothing better to keep me fuelled than a hearty TACO BELL. The spicy flavour and crunchy shell of TACO BELL gives me the energy I need to 'frag newbs'. Everyone can up their DPS and get mad loot with TACO BELL today!

If I were a streamer or w/e I would gladly get sponsored by Taco Bell cause they're tasty as gently caress and anyone that gets stomach issues from them is a weakass stomach'd bitch IMO

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

God there really isn't much of anything coming out this month huh? Captain Toad and Sonic Mania Plus I'll get but they're not really new beyond some added content. Is there any big or interesting releases coming out in July and August besides the WoW expansion? Games I'm interested in don't really start happening until September (Spiderman, Tomb Raider, Spyro, and Life is Strange)

I have all this money to spend on video games in my life now but this and next month feel pretty barren

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Did later demos of Octopath ever make the fights more interesting? Cause that kind of killed a lot of my interests when the demo first came out both because there was minimal animations, and I also didn't like the the sprites on the heroes were similar to the overworld while the enemy sprites were big and detailed.

My favorite part of the demo was you could fight the regular rear end nice town people and leave them lying there on the ground

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 4, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

homeless snail posted:

nah, its pretty much the same. that stuff is an intentional aesthetic choice cause the game badly wants to be a SaGa game

Oh :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I couldn't tell you why that bothers me with there and not with older games that did the exact same thing but :shrug:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Captain Toad 4ever

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Consider this very important negative toward Octopath Traveler though: Captain Toad himself is not in it. So

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

All my friends are super intersted in Anthem and I don't know why :(

Almost none of them were interested in Mario Odyssey and in fact I don't think a single one of them has played it. I think all my friends need lobotomies

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

People keep saying that dude's response was perfectly fine and respectful (which I'm not arguing it wasn't) and she reacted way too aggressively to it. But the thing is I'm sure she's had dudes come into her mentions all the time and try to have some kind of "discourse" with her and that poo poo can probably get really irritating after a while and she probably just finally blew up about it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

mutata posted:

code:
Brigador: Up-Armored Edition," 94,477
Tacoma," 76,114 
Tastes Where the WaterLike Wine," 9,061 "
Ouch.

Tacoma was excellent, I can understand it’s not a game that’s gonna be a huge seller though. I feel like that’s a pretty respectable number though, but I have no idea what the game cost to make.

Where The Water Tastes Like Wine was sadly a mechanically bad game. I dug the premise a lot

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Btw that Rami guy is an awesome indie dev to follow on the tweetsters. He is also nice.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't play Fortnite nor do I have any desire to play it, but I love when game companies do real life things like this:

https://www.pcgamer.com/fortnites-missing-durr-burger-sign-found-in-actual-desert

https://twitter.com/selashiloni/status/1015261416024993792

See also things like Gorehowl being impaled on a taxi cab in New York. I'm sure there's other ones I can't think of

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Well all you women out there, you hosed up this time

https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/1017485864375480320

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

How do I get less CleanPrinceGaming or DownwardThrust videos in my youtubes? Do I downvote their videos or is there some other way

I looked those two up just now. Are they partner channels? They have the most boring thumbnails in the world and they're the exact same style.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

how the gently caress do you see out of the bus

It couldn't drive anywhere since the bus didn't actually work

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Which exploitive mobile gacha games are best? I have a terrible hunger.

How do you feel about singing anime girls

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Ignore this question. Play bandori anyway.

I was actually hinting at Love Live :v:

I tried Bandori, I actually find the guitar hero-esque way it does the notes too... disorienting I guess? I wish it was instead like... overhead so the notes were moving top to bottom instead of how it works

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Pearl is 21 and Marina is 18 which means Pearl is that one that has to buy alcohol for Marina and that's some hosed up lore right there

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This is the greatest picture I have ever seen

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:tem: :tem: :tem: :tem: :tem:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

b_d posted:

the best twist in games is when you beat the special world in smw and it twists the palette of the whole game and it twists some of the enemy sprites too.

One of my favorite things regarding that is Dan's reaction to seeing that for the first time ever on Game Grumps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm1Lm7Y6m3w&t=209s

(3:29-3:57)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I love Uncharted

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I still like how this game looks :shobon: I didn't like how the gamecube version looked in comparison

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I have absolutely no interested in a Trogdor board game, especially so many years after Homestar was relevant. But man going back and watching old Homestarrunner cartoons, that poo poo is still funny. Teen Girl Squad and Strong Bad Emails especially are still great

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

b_d posted:

waking up is like ah... poo poo... I’m still this guy and now i’m hungry

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Man maybe I'm just easy to please but I am just blown away by every screenshot and video the Spyro Remastered twitter shows off. That game looks heckin gorgeous

The remolded big dragons are so well done. Spyro's animations are so good. The world looks amazing!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/AmongTreesGame/status/1021063030099017728

Wow this game looks really pretty! Let's see what the deal is

*looks at steam page*
https://store.steampowered.com/app/897730/Among_Trees/

quote:

A vibrant first-person exploration adventure, Among Trees is set in a colorful wilderness world teeming with life.

Oh so this must be a walking sim right? I'm super into those and it looks really pretty! I'm in!

quote:

Available: Early access in late 2018 / early 2019

Wait hold o-

quote:

This is your little wood cabin. Located in the heart of a lush forest, the cabin is expandable: build new rooms and unlock additional game mechanics, including food cooking, plant growing, and tool crafting.

No stop don't do this

quote:

Survive any way you can. Stay safe as you explore. Do what you need to do: scavenging for food, catching fish, and chopping down trees.

:negative:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ah, force Nintendo and Square's hands to get Geno into Smash, I like your scam buddy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bowser Jr rules, suck it losers

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I love that both of these screenshots are from the same game. Kingdom Hearts rules.

Mak0rz posted:

The creature creator was the only good thing about Spore.

look at this beautiful creation. drat

Spore becoming an RTS, one of my least favorite genres, in the middle of the game was some hosed up bullshit

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 25, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Twisted Metal but it's a moba

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I looked up Gyarauno into google image search and came across this and I would like Nintendo/Game Freak to go back and make it cannon please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Yes I get it, but I also like Buff Magikarp

• Locked thread