Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

mutata posted:

Whoops accidentally bought a Switch.

congratulations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
It's not ideal but AAA gaming being increasingly crammed with grubby garbage features just means more time for cool smaller games and visiting stuff I missed/old favorites, so it's hard to be too bummed on a personal level.

May 8, 2006

Speaking of which, have they detailed the RDR2 online functions at all yet? I have a sneaking suspicion that, given how much money GTAO made, interacting with the online functions will be a lot less optional.

May 8, 2006

C-Euro posted:

The best piece of advice that I ever received yet can't be bothered to actually follow is "if you box something up for a move and it's still in the box by the time you move again, just get rid of it". That said we did move into a smaller apartment in our last move and it felt pretty good offloading a bunch of stuff. Can't wait to pick up a bunch of useless crap when we actually get a house.

This is good advice. I moved like 2.5 years ago into my current bad apartment and I found a box with like, 20 pounds of Arkham Horror sets which I think I'm just gonna throw in the garbage if no one I know wants it.

May 8, 2006

it's not extremely controversial that myst sucks

May 8, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also I wonder how that cereal falls under the terms of this contract, do you subtract the value of the food or
https://twitter.com/juchemane/status/954058032039768064?lang=en

this reads like the notes you find in a vault in fallout

May 8, 2006

Looper posted:

glasses are insanely attractive, in this bespectacled goon's opinion

In fact, I'd say that not having glasses is, in fact, ugly.

Sorry two-eyes gamers

May 8, 2006

I asked my eye doctor about LASIK and he used the phrase 'that dog won't hunt' ten times in two minutes, so I guess he meant be careful about who you go to for it. Don't be a Ryckert.

May 8, 2006

Shadow Hearts loving rules

May 8, 2006

I guess that Red Faction Guerilla Remaster is out, and free on Steam if you own it? I'm curious to see how that game holds up, I loved loving around in it when it game out.

May 8, 2006

homeless snail posted:

its time for the big games chat thread red faction guerrilla multiplayer game

i'm gonna slam every person here with a hammer.

May 8, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

One of the Overwatch League franchises is sponsored by Jack in the Box.

Another made In and Out into a meme, I hope they look into an official partnership

Hit me up JitB I'll say whatever if you set me up with a grip of sourdough burgers

May 8, 2006

i hit the time limit in the octopath traveller demo and I want the rest of that game right now!

May 8, 2006

Looper posted:

I'd buy her a beer

Game companies should hire people specifically to abuse reddit posters imo.

My biggest problem with Destiny 2 (and Destiny 1 I guess) is that it's a far-flung science fantasy future and the weapons and powers are one step further than any given near-future Call of Duty. They should get weird with it, give me incomprehensible alien guns please.

May 8, 2006

The firings seem like bullshit and I'd give up Guild Wars 2 forever, if it didn't bore me to tears every time I've tried it since launch.

Also - I beat Pillars of Eternity 2. I might write up longer thoughts later but my short review is - Good, a big improvement over POE 1 (which I also liked.) I have issues but given their track record, with DLC and patches I'm sure most of them will be addressed at some point. Things that probably won't get changed are that I think the main story needed a new more major quests, and the companion quests (that I finished) are okay but not that satisfying. They honestly seem like middle-chapter stories, leaving the characters open to show up in a theoretical third game/major Throne of Bhaal style expansion.

May 8, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Also I really loving like dunking on Boogie in part because I totally shared his completely myopic and lovely white dude worldview when I was younger and insanely dumb.

Dunking on Boogie is a universal good - I had that same attitude, but it was over 10 years ago and he's much older than I am now, so.

May 8, 2006

I knew a grown man a few years ago who, flush with money from a well paying new job bought himself a top of the line gaming PC and only played Runescape on it. He'd been playing for years. We'd try to get him to play other stuff with us, and he'd always not show up or bail immediately to get back to it.

So, that is the kind of person who is been subbed to WoW for 14 years.

I play it a month or two a year now, just to enjoy expansion launches or see what they've done, but even that is shrinking because it's designed to be way too punishing for people who aren't playing constantly.

May 8, 2006

Harrow posted:

Personally I think they might as well just go all the way with it and make every zone scale from 1-100 or something after Battle for Azeroth comes out. Just let people do all their leveling in Pandaria or something, it really doesn't matter much anymore in the modern game.

I agree, but the other half of the issue imo is that leveling takes several times longer than it should, and the scaling changes didn't help.

May 8, 2006

I tried DFO and they should have let me see this rad poo poo sooner

May 8, 2006

Does that include people who played during the free beta periods/weekends?

May 8, 2006

chumbler posted:

Maybe it's a sign that it's time to give up on video games and try to start having a life.

nah octopath traveler comes out next week

May 8, 2006

Mr E posted:

I will not.

What about Dino Crisis

May 8, 2006

Ok I'll admit that until now i didn't know they made more than 2 Dino Crises

May 8, 2006

Mr E posted:

The third is very bad and not good.

homeless snail posted:

dino crisis 3 was an xbox exclusive about a dinosaur outbreak on a spaceship hundreds of years in the future

I hate that these both appear to be true

May 8, 2006

I liked West of Loathing, but it only took 2-3 hours to beat (since I didn't do all the sidequests) and that was probably a bit more than enough.

May 8, 2006

The time of mandatory Samus avs is soon upon us

May 8, 2006

Yeah to write down Megaman passwords.

May 8, 2006

Axiom Verge is worth checking out, but imo suffers from having basically no fast travel options. If you suck, like me, it's easy to end up wandering a lot to no end. It probably doesn't need like, a bunch of Castlevania teleport rooms, but there is a middle ground it could have hit better.

May 8, 2006

Phantasium posted:

To elaborate, there's just a hallway that's connected to nearly every area with a giant Giger head monster you ride to go quickly to other areas. It's better than nothing but still takes forever, and as a consequence makes the map into a really boring circle.

Yeah, it has this, and in fairness it looks cool...the first couple of times.

May 8, 2006

I'm actually cool with reviewers not finishing games so long as they are up front about how much they did play.

May 8, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

I really don't think it's too much to ask for someone that is presumably being paid to play video games to actually finish the game.

I can see exceptions when the game is broken or just barely playable but saying "i would rather move on to other things now because this game is long" is kind of a poo poo excuse and really does make it kind of likely the review will end up being useless.

Oh I don't think you get good reviews this way, I'd just rather know up front that a review didn't bother to actually finish something long like a JRPG or something.

May 8, 2006

I considered it but unfortunately, Cyrus exists.

May 8, 2006

I'm glad in the end it's anime that will save Lowtax's broken spine.

May 8, 2006

Does Eternal Darkness actually hold up? I haven't touched it since it came out.

May 8, 2006

Imo the xenoblade series from best to worst is X -> 2 -> 1. They're all pretty good but 1 bleeds its strong start and initial good will so fast and never recovers.

X has a busted story and some weird design but I actually felt inclined to finish it, so

May 8, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

i liked vesperia when i played it (except for one part) but in retrospect you can see a lot of the executive decisions in re-tuning the story. i think it had a good balance between regular attacks and special attacks, and it has less "crazed babble" problems when compared to more modern tales games where every attack is a special attack that needs to be shouted whenever you cast it

Alternatively, I'd like any button I hit at any point in a Tales game to cause someone to shout an anime attack.

May 8, 2006

I'm working at a Special Olympics event this morning and a kid is telling anyone he can find that Waluigi isn't in Smash. It rules.

May 8, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

People who are rude to annoying customers should be promoted imo

May 8, 2006

Does a french fry elf make french fries, bring them to you, or steal your french fries? I need to know if I should worry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

MGS 2 was always good, it was just sometimes drowned out by people mad about having to play as Raiden.

• Locked thread