Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Game is fun. I last played it a year ago, picked that start where u have a rad as gently caress sword u stole from the theocrats. I spawned in on the theocrats land, ran for my life to a nearby jungle inhabited by chill bugmen. It seem idyllic until I found out the chill bugmen have no concept of commerce, which left me with a food problem.

So my dude with a badass sword followed the jungle's blood red rivers from bug village to bug village, stealing food as he went until I decide to practice my swordsmanship on a nearby beakdog pup(it is a dog with a break you see) that was separated from it's pack. Mama beakdog came up, and I was promply wrecked, then eaten. Rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

u should keep a supply of liquor around so they get drunk and pass out, then sneak back in at night and attack them in their sleep

I have no idea by if that's possible but it should be

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

it's been a whole people say me in later this game because my craptop is slowly dieing but I like be that the game explicitly tells you that the only way to get stronger is to it get your rear end kicked a bunch

https://mobile.twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?lang=en

but completely sincerely

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i must have been drunk as poo poo when i typed that cause even i can barely understand it know, but honestly it fits the game better.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

early game training is you and a guy you hired for cheap taking turns getting savagly beaten by a dozen starving bandits, fixed up, then dumped in town while the concious guy goes mining for jerky money

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Coolguye posted:

if I missed this I’m sorry but I don’t think anyone answered my other question: is there some sort of skill cap on a specific character or if I somehow made a perfect training regimen could one dude be omnicompetent?

As far as I'm aware your character can be good at anything

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

So is the early game just finding a town, then finding bandits or raptors and training them onto the town guards until you've got a baseline of food and gear?

Food an gear are good, but the big thing is just getting more people in your squad. With one guy you risk getting sent into a coma when you inevitably get your rear end kick, with 2 you can keep one back while the other tries to raise their combat states and come in with a med kit to keep other alive once the fightings done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I am beeps smirking revenge