Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Dear thread, I finally caved after reading several stories and bought the game.

Sticky the Greenlander, a lone wanderer, lived fast and died young. He managed to accidentally pick a fight with a bandit in a place called The Hub, watch said bandit and his buddy get critically wounded by mercenaries, loot said bandits, and attempt to carry one of the bandits with a bounty to a place called Squin.

Apparently, the bandit died in transit. Ok, whatever, I put the body in a cage and tried to go outside to find more gainful employment. One accidental right click on a door later and my now-wakizashi-wielding, iron hat wearing, chain shirt clad hero was sliced to pieces by several soldiers.

Did I Kenshi?

(What mods should I get to start off?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Panfilo posted:

I've heard the slave start is good because you can safely skill up without worrying about food, raids or money. But I'm finding it tedious. My two guys get knocked the gently caress out the minute they try to fight back, I have no idea how people are becoming kung fu masters in that place when I can't even land a goddamn hit and every assassination attempt is 0%.

Break out at night and knock out slaves in cages or on poles.

Getting beaten to nearly dead and then healed without (much) risk of loss of limb or life is like a cheat code.

Sneak all the time.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

SugarAddict posted:

Finally made my way back to base with exploration party, 2 missing limbs, 3 people with other limbs in negative hundreds of damage

Sounds like you need to get those three people with negative health limbs into a sword fight, you're almost at five limb upgrades and tons of toughness XP for the low low price of free

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Thief posted:

sadneil is my friend and i love him

I am doing a run where I finally went north out of Rebirth instead of to The Hub and I just found Sadneil by a circuitous route along the east coast.

Who then found the Error Code boys. Skellington squad anyone?