Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
is there any way to make the camera not horrific because i'm really into every other aspect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
is there a more efficient way to get to the squad tracking camera other than setting a destination, right clicking one character's portrait, and then reselecting the whole squad again?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
chiming in to say the texture mod + moving the game to my SSD cut my initial loading to basically nothing, everything might look slightly shittier but the game looks like poo poo anyways so who cares?

i'm sort of at an impasse of what to do now. i've got thieve's packs and vaguely real weapons on my main person and Hobbs, but other recruits straight up don't seem to be spawning so i've been wasting time mining copper. i'm not buff enough to fight anything even vaguely threatening because i'm so badly outnumbered. will importing help at all or do i just need to spend another week chipping rocks and hoping Ruka decides to exist?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
well due to my own stupidity it looks like my scorchlander main character and her rando shek pal are taking an extended hotel stay in the Stack cages while i mine out enough to pay their bounties! all i wanted was to peddle some booze but these holy nation bastards have no sense of fun. if i stay in sneak mode the entire time will it be easy points, and can i unlock my cage over and over without actually leaving it?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Leal posted:

Sometimes if a soldier is nearby they will run up and relock a cage after you pick it. For fun times in grinding assassination, go ahead and try to knock out a nearby guard and then throw yourself back into the cage when you fail. Alternatively let yourself get beaten for the toughness training :v:

E: Slave start really is the "pro strat" of this game.

not doing the slave start, just got captured like a moron. i've hit the point where i can break out in 1 try, kung fu a guard, and sneak back before anyone even notices, whistling a jaunty tune and pretending to be a good boy

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
where's a good spot to plonk down a base relatively early game? my heart is set on somewhere swamp adjacent but as someone else said people their kick the poo poo out of each other full time so between that and blood spiders it's a pretty rough go. someone earlier in the thread mentioned the Shem/Swamp border as being really nice, is there anything there that will eat my roving band of losers?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

StrixNebulosa posted:

Okran's Pride is like, the best base. Just bring a Greenlander Male who keeps a copy of the Holy Flame in his inventory and there will be no attacks outside of random river raptors coming to eat crops. Easy, friendly land, even if you need to carefully navigate the conversations weekly - pray properly, and brandish your copy of the holy Flame at the dude who wants to conscript your non-male greenlanders. "They're serving Okran by serving me!"

Someday I'm going to be strong enough to burn it all down, then move to Venge. :getin:

as much as i'd enjoy duping those assholes who've enslaved my main twice now (though the 2nd time we just sorta stopped in front of Rebirth and i ran off with 0 consequence) my party doesn't include a single Greenlander man somehow. tracking one down will probably be easier than fighting a horde of spiders/bandits/who the gently caress knows to make a shack though.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Gobblecoque posted:

Swamp/borderland border seems fairly safe. Only things that have tried to bother me are blood spiders, swamp raptors, dust bandits, and swamp ninjas which sounds like a lot but beats the hell out of beak thing hordes and whatnot. Keep one, maybe two, groups of mercs on hand and you'll be fine until you can get some decent turret tech going. I also haven't had any visits from either the sheks or Holy Nation despite being pretty close to both. Here's where I set up shop specifically:

i actually ended up settling pretty close to where your mouse cursor is. it's relatively quiet except for the occasional pile of Kral's Chosen. i managed to be juuuust far enough out of the swamp biome to not grow rice, so i guess i'll be moving in the future.

e; how do you change your outpost name? i found the spot for squads but not places

Million Ghosts fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 31, 2019

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
is it uhh normal for the fogmen to not even attack my crew on the way to Mongrel? they may as well be waving and screaming hello at me, it's been so many

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
there's no faster (non-f12) way to pack up and move your outpost other than brick by brick, is there? i've been in between constant 3 way raids lately and it's getting old, need to move myself somewhere a little quieter.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
so if i don't plan on staying somewhere long term, could i get away with just building a house, food/resource storage and a refinery/mine? i guess my question is are walls really worth it if somewhere will be little more than a mine outpost or rest stop

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, I do that all the time, actually. If you only build storage containers, it doesn't even count as an outpost, so no taxes.

dogstile posted:

Works out pretty well too. I've got the mod that doubles the size of storage containers. I'll happily set up somewhere without say, copper, now. I'll just fill a pack animal up with food, send my guys out to the copper and chill out for 15 mins or so. I'm fairly sure you can set up turrets too, as part of a camp.

A couple tents, bedrolls, torches and mounted crossbows feels like a proper camp without triggering a raid.

this is what i was looking for. i don't plan on making a real base for a while, but a few spots on my more travelled routes for taking a nap seem like they'd be really handy. i've read that raids won't even trigger if your outposts are empty, is that true?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
the Pride is a really nice area, i have an abandoned base there i plan to move in to when not everyone has robo arms. i dig the Swamp's Morrowind aesthetic and find the Fog islands beautiful other than the chorus of screams

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
PSA that Robotics Start on the Steam Workshop is extremely dope

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Turpitude posted:

Is there any way to send mined ore straight into backpacks? I'm sick of micromanaging the drones

if you set mining as a job (shift+right click the node) they'll automatically haul any ore to storage after mining 5. of course, you need a house and a storage but that's as automated as it gets

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
generally if you fix pathfinding or reload and let the raid play out again, they won't camp your bleeding corpses til death

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
steal your rear end off

realistically dried meat is super cheap unless you're running like 20 dudes. what you actually feed people doesn't seem to matter as long as they eat something

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

juggalo baby coffin posted:

ive been playing as a skeleton as my first game, and so far i have levelled up my labour ability a lot by mining stuff. Is there a way to craft building materials, or am i stuck buying them from the bartender? also the city i started in is completely broken except for the bar, can I help fix up the place or anything to get more stores?

you can't add more shops to the city but you for sure can buy every building and fix it if you want to. building materials are crafted with stone if i remember right, which is collected by a building you'll need to make outside of city limits. the early game is a lot more freeform than it seems, if you're bored of The Hub just pick a direction and start walking.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
RIP Beep, eaten alive by a Beak Thing after falling from my strong robo-arms

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Leal posted:

RELOAD

never ever, this character has turned into "beast martial artist + whatever random scrub forces themselves into the party" and Beep must die to keep thematic consistency.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
can you take a Reform vacation with robolimbs and if so what happens to them?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
it's already too late for you, but if you're about to be enslaved hide your weapons in your bag or those dicks will steal them along with your freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Carcer posted:

A cannibal raid, holy nation assault and offscreen triangle bandit attack all arrive at my outpost at the exact same time.

holy poo poo your PC is good enough to have shadows on without melting?