Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Is there a relatively painless way of editing a character's inventory with the game editor? I want my squad's equipment to have that nice purple color the Southern Hive has, but most of it has already been dyed once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Donkringel posted:

Looks like a large overhaul mod will be coming out soon.

Looked through it, the siege and war stuff looks like it could bring a lot of life to the world of Kenshi. Most of the time that stuff is only local to where you are basing your crew (the riots in Shark being a good example of this) or when you actively cause world state changes.

A lot of these proposed changes are "next update" or "in the works" though, which always give me pause with these things. Hopefully I'm just being pessimistic though.

I want to believe, but everything I've heard from other modders paints the picture of a game with looots of hard-coded limitations. So I'm not optimistic, but of course happy to be proven wrong!

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

I'm curious, would a turret placed behind one of the top floor windows in a Type III Outpost be able to shoot through them, or would they block it like a wall does? I'm doubtful, because there are no specific turret hardpoints on them.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

What's the issue with UWE?...

Yeah, I'm curious about that as well, because I've lately been toying with the idea of starting my first skeleton-only run, and my only 'mega mod' experience is with Reactive World. I'd like to know how the other big names like UWE or Genesis hold up against that kind of world state malleability.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

silentsnack posted:

but if you're fighting 'fair' and grinding through the dozens+ of guards to beat the leader into submission, it helps to kill or imprison (or enslave) the mooks so they stop healing and coming back to fight on you next assault.

I'm pretty sure that if you're fighting against a typical living settlement that has many generic inhabitants, you cannot do that, because that 'next assault' will see the entire enemy population replenished. The problem is that the moment a zone is unloaded from active play, the game seems to fill up any missing generic population members back to their optimal requirements (i.e. the '12/12' thing you see when hovering over the settlement icon), so unless you plan to leave a hidden character behind on overwatch to prevent that, doing a site conquest in waves is not an option.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

I did not know that the system working in the background was this involved, that is fascinating! And very useful. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

silentsnack posted:

I've seen a rare bug where when you're loading a savegame, but before the area is fully loaded, buildings can appear flagged for sale. If you buy them then it deletes the contents of the building. Which is how I bought Cat-lon's house out from under him and kicked him out.

I think that legally makes you the new emperor!