Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Beeftweeter posted:

i really wonder at what point they're just banned from the roads entirely. seems like never, but maybe if a few people die first they might get around to it in like 12 years

The cybertruck is well on its way to becoming the ultimate off-road experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

more like off-mortal-coil experience

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

someone do an animorphs cover of Elon getting fatter and turning into a cybertruck tia
:effort:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

"they told me to come back immediately...they fixed it...they did a temp fix on my accelerator pedal. the problem was it was sliding up, so the rivet isn't where it should be -- the pedal's too high. so they knocked it down, they punched a hole in it, another hole, there is the original hole in the bottom, they're going to order me a new part and fix it. whatever. i'm just happy they did right by me."
so the jig is up?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

lmao :yosnice:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

as I’ve said. the only way we’re allowed to “fight climate change” is massively subsidize his lovely companies and idiotic boondoggles like self driving. anything else is judeo-bolshevism

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 26, 2024

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Silver Alicorn posted:

don’t worry. it can tell the difference between a real finger and a vegetable

im going to paint my finger green so the cybertruck thinks its a cucumber
get my finger snapped off
sue tesla

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Beeftweeter posted:

like at least 80% of the pedal jobs we've seen itt have been like that. idk if that's just because we're seeing particularly shoddy work due to the thread's nature or if the majority of them are being done wrong, but my money would be on the latter

i really wonder at what point they're just banned from the roads entirely. seems like never, but maybe if a few people die first they might get around to it in like 12 years

Probably never? The Model 3 has beat the Ford Pinto for killing people in inescapable fires, but nobody seems to give a gently caress.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

gschmidl posted:

A while ago I'd have said "until it kills someone rich and/or famous" but a Tesla killed a billionaire and nothing happened (of course, Teslas should continue to do that).

Her family responded with "still love the car tho" lol

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

gschmidl posted:

A while ago I'd have said "until it kills someone rich and/or famous" but a Tesla killed a billionaire and nothing happened (of course, Teslas should continue to do that).

Kills the former transportation secretary's sister even. Husband still loves the car.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Probably never? The Model 3 has beat the Ford Pinto for killing people in inescapable fires, but nobody seems to give a gently caress.

with cybertruck, the driver is the ultimate tool

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

FAUXTON posted:

with cybertruck, the driver is the ultimate tool

Cybertruck owners definitely need that 1.5" ruler, too.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gschmidl posted:

Cybertruck owners definitely need that 1.5" ruler, too.

they're in a cybertruck, that's measurement enough

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

FAUXTON posted:

they're in a cybertruck, that's measurement enough

It's for meet-ups.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

my favorite part of that video is him getting owned by drive through workers not once, but twice.

and they were both right! It is not really bulletproof. It just stops .45 and subsonic 9mm, which no one actually uses!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

no Tommy gun will ever kill me in this!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
marked as safe from violin case carrying 1920s gangsters

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

definitely a good idea to destroy your car key by using it as a screwdriver.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

it also offers protection from Soros funded Antifa hitsquads using 9mm subguns with silencers (the only use case for subsonic 9mm, which is both more expensive and less powerful than regular 9mm).

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

also

fash fourier transform

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

fash fourier transform

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

fash fourier transform

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Trillhouse posted:

it also offers protection from Soros funded Antifa hitsquads using 9mm subguns with silencers (the only use case for subsonic 9mm, which is both more expensive and less powerful than regular 9mm).

Silenced (((Uzi))) 9mm

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol @ another little detail in that cybertruck guy video: his tailgate got stuck down, and the rear camera is in the tailgate, so it became useless because it was just pointing at the ground.

"i had to use that rear view mirror" he says. good thing it has such good sightlines!!!!!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

i'm gonna take a deep look in the mirror after seeing this

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

:laffo:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

also

fash fourier transform

i admire the restraint in avoiding "boer-ier"

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
jesus christ, i look like elon musk. something needs to change

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

goblin week posted:

jesus christ, i look like elon musk. something needs to change

turn your monitor on

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

goblin week posted:

jesus christ, i look like elon musk
         /
        /

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Plank Walker posted:

i admire the restraint in avoiding "boer-ier"

ty I thought about it but it didn't scan as well imo

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Many years later...

https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/26/24141361/tesla-autopilot-fsd-nhtsa-investigation-report-crash-death

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's assisting the driver.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Sagebrush posted:

lol @ another little detail in that cybertruck guy video: his tailgate got stuck down, and the rear camera is in the tailgate, so it became useless because it was just pointing at the ground.

"i had to use that rear view mirror" he says. good thing it has such good sightlines!!!!!

This is mind-blowing considering hauling stuff with the tailgate down is a standard truck use case.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

TerminalRaptor posted:

This is mind-blowing considering hauling stuff with the tailgate down is a standard truck use case.

I thought it was well accepted fact that nobody is ever going to haul anything with the cybertruck unless they're making youtube/tiktok content

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

fins posted:

from the osha thread

I've always wanted to see someone do that with something more realistically finger-ish... like say a chicken wing. I honestly think it probably has enough force to break bones and maybe even sever flesh.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

TerminalRaptor posted:

especially when the truck bed is only 4' long or whatever the cybertruck's is

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

whoever could have foreseen this?

no one, probably.

certainly not any of the regular posters in this shitposting thread between the years 2018 and 2024. it was not so incredibly obvious that the kind of schlub who racks up a post count itt could have called it six loving years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Trillhouse posted:

You could probably offset it a little by going up to 147gr, but it won’t matter because far-left terrorist groups could put EFPs on bicycles as far back as 1989.