Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Tankakern posted:

He has managed to solve the only known remaining technical bug that's been blocking the repository, but now he can't get the process completed

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

The Management posted:

what a loving idiot.

but his idiocy aside, git is very bad for large repos. like, really really bad.

It would be funny if the fsf ends up having to use Microsoft gvfs to work on gcc

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

Lmao don’t miss this part

Please give money so I can buy more ram, hold on a sec tho I haven't tried to close my browser

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

i wouldnt hire eric would you?

however much code he wrote back in the day, he doesn't seem motivated to write any now beyond int -> bool conversions. then throw in the arrogance and irritating personality and the EEO risk

Never hire an rear end in a top hat, no matter how good he might be (and esr isn't anyway)

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
I wrote to Eric, advising him that I would not put his patch in that week, because I could see problems with it.

Eric replied, saying

You have no right to do this,
for I am an author of ncurses,
and you are not.

• Locked thread