Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

emmitt smith and adrian peterson are mediocre running back folk heroes for cardinals fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Rod Bernstine

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Kimble Anders is my favorite mediocre running back. He was a 90's fullback at the height of fullbacks being used as psuedo-tight ends and caught a ton of passes, but not for a whole lot of yards and nothing like Larry Centers or whoever. He was just a functioning fullback who could catch.

One year the Chiefs have poo poo at running back and decide to give Kimble a chance at halfback. He has a mediocre first game. In the second game he goes loving off, 142 yards on 22 carries. Unfortunately on that 22nd carry he tore his achilles and his career was basically over. He came back the next year but it was obvious he wasn't the same and he was basically done.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

anthony sherman was a good fullback for the cardinals, i guess he's an all pro now but before the fame...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Finally, Melvin Gordon has his thread

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rashard mendenhall

mike anderson

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I was just looking up the Bears' list of all-time running backs and thinking back to the days of guys like Curtis Enis and Rashaan Salaam and James Allen, and then realized that not only does Walter Payton (naturally) have the team's record for rushing yards, but the next-closest guy, Forte, is more than eight thousand yards behind Payton.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Seconding Beanie Wells. I remember him stiffarming some Giants defender into an early grave one game and then he got kinda a rep for that and then just faded away.

Tashard Choice was really good at falling forward for 3.9 yards for a while.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Quiet Feet posted:

Seconding Beanie Wells. I remember him stiffarming some Giants defender into an early grave one game and then he got kinda a rep for that and then just faded away.

I remember when he was supposed to be a first round pick in fantasy and I laughed. Also laughed really hard when someone took him in the first in my work league.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this is the only beanie wells highlight i remember https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR6cQI8WAuc

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Hell yeah Leroy Hoard

If you need one yard he'll get you three.

If you need four yards he'll get you three.

Who said this first because my dad used to say this about Leroy all the time when I was growing up and getting into football and I've gotta assume it's from somewhere

Y'all remember Moe Williams? the recipient of one of the greatest unexpected laterals ever (or not I don't know but it was really dang cool), Sex Boat attender, and now apparently professional racing horse trainer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8o--gh5R98

Goddamn does this video make me nostalgic

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Timby posted:

I was just looking up the Bears' list of all-time running backs and thinking back to the days of guys like Curtis Enis and Rashaan Salaam and James Allen, and then realized that not only does Walter Payton (naturally) have the team's record for rushing yards, but the next-closest guy, Forte, is more than eight thousand yards behind Payton.

Barry Sanders has a fair bit more then #2-#4 on the Lions' list combined.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Dominic Rhodes?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This thread is made for pretty much all Packers RBs

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Any Cowboys running back - excluding their first season - of the last two decades.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jivesauce posted:

Dominic Rhodes?

Oh yeah definitely him

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Living in the shadow of a giant, rip Forsett. He might be better than mediocre though.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Sammy Morris had a 12 year NFL career as a RB which is pretty incredible and spent 4 in Buffalo, 3 in Miami then 4 in New England.

He had 3000 career rushing yards.

Sammy Morris, on the rare occasion when he was completely healthy, was actually decent. But otherwise, yeah unremarkable.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Maurice Morris was a quality back up to shaun alexander and beat out julius jones on terrible seahawks teams

not a world beater by any means but serviceable backup and in the league for like 7 years

I will always remember him for having the "scatback" lightening in madden 2005 or whatever

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Barry Sanders has a fair bit more then #2-#4 on the Lions' list combined.

Speaking of, Touchdown Tommy Vardell should be mentioned here.

e: Christ he was drafted 9th overall! I knew this at one point but it's one of those things that is just too ridiculous to remember.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Redo this thread but with QBs and just title it Philip Rivers

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Doltos posted:

Redo this thread but with QBs and just title it Philip Rivers

lmao @ you trying to trigger Ross.

Nov 6, 2002

Reuben Droughns had two 1200+ yard seasons, played for 8 years, and still only barely cracked 3600 career yards.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Correll Buckhalter.

Nov 6, 2002

T.J. Duckett

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Has anyone mentioned the like 15 indistinguishable running backs around TD the Broncos had?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

CyberPingu posted:

Correll Buckhalter.

still think he was underutilized, especially when you look at how he produced during 2006-2008. the dropoff from Westbrook to Buck was essentially zero, especially in 08 when Westbrook began circling the drain. it sounds silly but I still think they should have tried to move Westbrook to the slot, he lined up there often enough anyway

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The nature of a mediocre RB is that I don't remember any of their names

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

whatever happened to lendale white

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

He was on a recent episode of "My 600-lb Life"

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ehud posted:

Hooked on Vicodin apparently!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733204-lendale-white-says-he-suffered-20-30-concussions-would-abuse-vicodin

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Play posted:

The nature of a mediocre RB is that I don't remember any of their names

part of the reason i made this thread

i'm still reeling from ehud's glen coffee namedrop

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I completely forgot that the Broncos brought him in for a season

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Felix Jones

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Felix Jones

He was funny on that one episode of The League.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Eddie Lacy had a good two years. I watched some of those earlier runs, and the dude was just trucking over guys. He just got too big and had no stamina. Too much china food.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ehud posted:

tequila

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

Eddie Lacy had a good two years. I watched some of those earlier runs, and the dude was just trucking over guys. He just got too big and had no stamina. Too much china food.

Man, he was so much fun to watch those couple years. Dude put the team on his back when Rodgers was down for a bit in 2013.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Kevin Faulk
Sammy Morris
Reuben Droughns
Jamal Lewis
Thomas Jones
Correll Buckhalter
Rudi Johnson
Michael Bennett
Chester Tyalor
Najeh Davenport
Ladell Betts
Maurice Morris
T.J. Duckett
Domanick Williams
Derrick Ward
Tatum Bell
Kevin Jones
Chris Perry
Marion Barber
Cedric Benson
Wali Lundy
LenDale White
Laurence Maroney
Ahmad Bradshaw
Michael Bush
Brandon Jackson
Justin Forsett
Tim Hightower
Kevin Smith
Rashad Jennings
Shonn Greene
Beanie Wells
Jonathan Dwyer
Ben Tate
Ryan Mathews
Bilal Powell
Roy Helu
Mikel Leshoure
Shane Vereen
Alfred Morris
Ronnie Hillman
Bernard Pierce
Doug Martin
Zac Stacy
Latavius Murray
Theo Riddick
Eddie Lacy
Giovani Bernard
Alfred Blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Doltos posted:

Kevin Faulk
Jamal Lewis
Doug Martin

I'd argue with these three. Lewis and Martin had enough years as legitimately good RBs that it's hard to call them mediocre as opposed to flame-outs, and Faulk absolutely excelled in his role as a third down back

• Locked thread