Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Ryan Grant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

BobbyK posted:

Ryan Grant

wasn't he a good RB derailed by injury? I recall him having a few 1200+ yard seasons

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

EmbryoSteve posted:

Maurice Morris was a quality back up to shaun alexander and beat out julius jones on terrible seahawks teams

not a world beater by any means but serviceable backup and in the league for like 7 years

I will always remember him for having the "scatback" lightening in madden 2005 or whatever

you have three mediocre RBs in your post >:)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

The best were the old 90's style giant fat running backs that became pretty rare after Bettis, but god, remember Sam Gash? or Bam Morris.

Thank you Eddie Lacey and Blount for keeping the tubby boys alive. Brandon Jacobs thanks you.

Mike Tolbert sends his thanks as well.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rashard Mendenhall and "Fast" Willie Parker are the forgotten bridges in between the Steelers' Bettis and Le'Veon eras

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Zack Crockett

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Vhak lord of hate posted:

you have three mediocre RBs in your post >:)

Alexander was an alabama RB so mediocre must be true

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Montario Hardesty

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Emmitt Smith

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Shawn Bryson

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Emmitt Smith

:drat:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LOVIE WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE THE BALL TO THOMAS JONES MORE IN THE SUPER BOWL

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The first guy who came to mind was Rick Fenney. 358 carries, 1,508 Yards rushing, 628 yards catching, 11 TD's. Not a bad year except that was actually five years.

BlackJosh posted:

Who said this first because my dad used to say this about Leroy all the time when I was growing up and getting into football and I've gotta assume it's from somewhere

Y'all remember Moe Williams? the recipient of one of the greatest unexpected laterals ever (or not I don't know but it was really dang cool), Sex Boat attender, and now apparently professional racing horse trainer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8o--gh5R98

Goddamn does this video make me nostalgic

Moe Williams was the subject of one of my first homemade football card.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Dwyers a dickhead that beat his gf.

CJ2k is another one that's a hall of mediocre lock for the cardinals

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Robert Turbin is still in the league, playing for... *pulls up Wikipedia* the Colts

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
sammy winder

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Deshaun Foster aka why is DeAngelo Williams not starting yet. 16 total touchdowns in 1069 touches, never broke 900 yards rushing, even getting 200+ carries 3 straight seasons. Averaged less than 3 TD /season even removing the season where he only played 4 games and got hurt.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pierre thomas

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yo yo yo yo yo

Karim Abdul-Jabaar.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Ki-Jana Carter of the Bengals

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Trung Canidate
Lamar Gordon
Arlen Harris
Brian Leonard
Travis Minor
Kenneth Darby
Antonio Pittman
Chris Ogbonnaya
Daryl Richardson
Isaiah Pead
Zac Stacy
Benny Cunningham
Tre Mason
Malcolm Brown

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

piss tape israel posted:

Ki-Jana Carter of the Bengals

now that's paper

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

For real though what happened to this dude

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Michael Haddix

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

indigi posted:

wasn't he a good RB derailed by injury? I recall him having a few 1200+ yard seasons

I don't know how GOOD he was. I was just really coming into being a hard core football fan around 2009, but I remember him tearing his ACL in 2010 and just not being good after that.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
DeMarco Murray

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Pain of Mind posted:

Deshaun Foster aka why is DeAngelo Williams not starting yet. 16 total touchdowns in 1069 touches, never broke 900 yards rushing, even getting 200+ carries 3 straight seasons. Averaged less than 3 TD /season even removing the season where he only played 4 games and got hurt.

I feel like this is the answer

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

For real though what happened to this dude

Huh, he apparently quit because of injury+to take care of his brother who has Down Syndrome.

Then he came back the next year to try to play in the CFL, but lost his job to Tre Mason of all people.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

I feel like this is the answer
John Fox was always bad

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, he apparently quit because of injury+to take care of his brother who has Down Syndrome.

Then he came back the next year to try to play in the CFL, but lost his job to Tre Mason of all people.

He got pushed off the Rams after they took Tre Mason and Todd Gurley in back to back years. Turns out Mason had a lot of mental issues after that and stopped showing up to play. Ironically both Mason and Stacey were in camp with the Saskatchewan Roughriders this summer(Stacey got cut, Mason is on the roster).

Also here is the Isaiah Pead story, he lost his leg in a car crash and is trying to make the Special Olympics as a sprinter :smith:

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/28126/despite-losing-leg-former-nfl-rb-isaiah-pead-is-back-on-the-run

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Tatum Bell is still working in the mall phone kiosk of my heart.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
onterrio smith

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Kevan Barlow

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Benne posted:

Rashard Mendenhall and "Fast" Willie Parker are the forgotten bridges in between the Steelers' Bettis and Le'Veon eras

Mewelde Moore and Jonathan Dwyer too

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Is Reggie Bush the most talented mediocre back of all time?

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Nick Goings was a sweet running back name

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tom Sellout posted:

Nick Goings was a sweet running back name

I always like Ran Carthon as a RB name.

e: A total of 16 carries in the NFL. I have no idea why I remember this guy, Florida is why I'm sure but he didn't even have a ton of carries there.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Bobby Humphrey
Cleveland Gary
Gaston Green
Errict Rhett

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Mewelde Moore and Jonathan Dwyer too

Oh man I forgot all about Jonathan Dwyer, he was one of those Jonathan Stewart-eque bowling ball type dudes, right? He also apparently beat his wife, so it's amazing he didn't get more shots in the league.

• Locked thread