Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

my favorite thing about modern Madden games is they've started putting long snappers in the game but because there's no special long snapper position or stats they end up being TEs with like 27 OVR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
Frank Gore's 2006 season alone disqualifies him from mediocrity. 1695 yards, 5.4 YPC, on an incredibly bad niners offense (the passing attack was second-year Alex Smith passing to Arnaz Battle, Antonio Bryant, and the bad early career Vernon Davis). He was never an incredibly athletic back after his knee injury in college, but he's remarkably consistent and great at lots of things that don't show up on the stat sheet (blocking, decision-making, cutting). I've watched a ton of Frank Gore, he does not belong in this thread at all.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

creamcorn posted:

Frank Gore's 2006 season alone disqualifies him from mediocrity. 1695 yards, 5.4 YPC, on an incredibly bad niners offense (the passing attack was second-year Alex Smith passing to Arnaz Battle, Antonio Bryant, and the bad early career Vernon Davis). He was never an incredibly athletic back after his knee injury in college, but he's remarkably consistent and great at lots of things that don't show up on the stat sheet (blocking, decision-making, cutting). I've watched a ton of Frank Gore, he does not belong in this thread at all.

In what was obviously a great year for running as he still did not come close to being the best RB that year despite, as you said, a mediocre team meaning he got a lot of touches.

Weak when the team needed him, the true sign of a mediocre back.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Troy Hambrick

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

General Dog posted:

Troy Hambrick

I don't think anyone actually tackled Troy Hambrick, he would just fall over after running 3 yards

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
What's mark Ingram doing these days

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The rotating cast of mid-2000s Denver RBs that would rack up 1000 yard seasons then get cut

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Scionix posted:

What's mark Ingram doing these days

PEDs

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Felix Goddamn Jones.

Looked AMAZING in spot duty in 2008-2009, but after that it as all :geno:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The rotating cast of mid-2000s Denver RBs that would rack up 1000 yard seasons then get cut

Tatum Bell

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

sean10mm posted:

Felix Goddamn Jones.

Looked AMAZING in spot duty in 2008-2009, but after that it as all :geno:

He had a lot of nagging injuries that sapped him pretty badly. didn't help that the Cowboys' o-line fuckin' sucked at run blocking from like 2010-12. Marion Barber was also another guy who was good for like two years before he fell apart.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

I’m amazed steelers legend Isaac Redman hasn’t been mentioned yet

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Durandal1707 posted:

He had a lot of nagging injuries that sapped him pretty badly. didn't help that the Cowboys' o-line fuckin' sucked at run blocking from like 2010-12. Marion Barber was also another guy who was good for like two years before he fell apart.

This is the story of literally every Cowboy's running back of the last 15 years.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I remember Julius Jones was drafted in the same year as Steven Jackson and after their rookie seasons there was all these think pieces about how the Cowboys had gotten the better Running Back than the Rams and it was a round later.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
My memory has condensed Julius Jones and Felix Jones into one player.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Would Ahman Green count? He was super good for like 3 years then just kinda a guy when he wasn't hurt. It was a really cool 3 or so years tho.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Fenrir posted:

Would Ahman Green count? He was super good for like 3 years then just kinda a guy when he wasn't hurt. It was a really cool 3 or so years tho.
Probably, even though he is Green Bay's all-time leading rusher

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Fenrir posted:

That 2003 season was absolutely amazing but it seemed to kinda ruin him by overuse.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'l have you know that Ahman Green is the best RB in Omaha Nighthawks history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fenrir posted:

He had a 12 year career and a 5 year 1k yard streak.

• Locked thread