Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Patriots back in '94 signed Marion Butts, the mediocre former Charger to be their lead back.

He was so loving bad at running the ball that they instead just let Drew Bledsoe throw the ball 700 times that season and my love of football was born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sour Diesel posted:

i feel the pats and the steelers (outside of le'veon bell of course) probably have the biggest stable of mediocre rbs

also probably the entirety of the AFCE now that i think about it

Sammy Morris had a 12 year NFL career as a RB which is pretty incredible and spent 4 in Buffalo, 3 in Miami then 4 in New England.

He had 3000 career rushing yards.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

On the other hand I will go ahead and mention Kevin Faulk who I loath to call mediocre, but truth be told he was never really used that much.

He also played 12 seasons, but all in New England, and ended his career with nearly identical rushing and receiving numbers

3600 rushing yards, 16 rushing TDs
3700 receiving yards, 15 receiving TDs.

Then he gets replaced by Danny Woodhead, who I liked before PFTCommenter made him a meme.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The best were the old 90's style giant fat running backs that became pretty rare after Bettis, but god, remember Sam Gash? or Bam Morris.

Thank you Eddie Lacey and Blount for keeping the tubby boys alive. Brandon Jacobs thanks you.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Timby posted:

I was just looking up the Bears' list of all-time running backs and thinking back to the days of guys like Curtis Enis and Rashaan Salaam and James Allen, and then realized that not only does Walter Payton (naturally) have the team's record for rushing yards, but the next-closest guy, Forte, is more than eight thousand yards behind Payton.

Barry Sanders has a fair bit more then #2-#4 on the Lions' list combined.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Has anyone mentioned the like 15 indistinguishable running backs around TD the Broncos had?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yo yo yo yo yo

Karim Abdul-Jabaar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This video reminded me about Toby Gerhart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASWVwZIsst8

• Locked thread