Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
How has no one mentioned Frank Gore yet, the most go to guy when discussing mediocre RBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Quiet Feet posted:

I thought CJ Spiller was going to be the next LeSean McCoy. That 2012 season was crazy.

I mean, good on him for not becoming the next shady?

Also Frank gore is deffo mediocre. He's serviceable. Hall of alright.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

creamcorn posted:

Frank Gore's 2006 season alone disqualifies him from mediocrity. 1695 yards, 5.4 YPC, on an incredibly bad niners offense (the passing attack was second-year Alex Smith passing to Arnaz Battle, Antonio Bryant, and the bad early career Vernon Davis). He was never an incredibly athletic back after his knee injury in college, but he's remarkably consistent and great at lots of things that don't show up on the stat sheet (blocking, decision-making, cutting). I've watched a ton of Frank Gore, he does not belong in this thread at all.

In what was obviously a great year for running as he still did not come close to being the best RB that year despite, as you said, a mediocre team meaning he got a lot of touches.

Weak when the team needed him, the true sign of a mediocre back.

• Locked thread