Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

'Here, Mike. This will explain everything.'

The Norwood Suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I'm not about to call this a great game, or even a particularly good one, but I really liked it anyway --or at least, the parts where you wandered around and soaked in the charmingly surreal (if amateurish in execution) ambience, and the nifty soundtrack. You have a point about the game having disappointingly few opportunities to participate in music for a game that has so much to do with making music, and both plot and dialogue could have used the guidance of an editor; but damned if it doesn't have ambition, and I have a soft spot in my heart for works of art with more enthusiasm than competence :allears:

Thanks for the guided tour of The Norwood Suite! I look forward to your next project.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
That guy at the end, I think we've seen him before, he's that old guy that never talks. I don't think we've really seen all that much of him as he doesent really stand out much from all the other crazy crap we've witnessed.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

He is the dad of one of the women in the bowling pins room.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Well. That was certainly

something.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I bounced off of Off Peak so hard that I couldn't bring myself to watch this LP. Now that it's over, is it worth trying again?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Solumin posted:

I bounced off of Off Peak so hard that I couldn't bring myself to watch this LP. Now that it's over, is it worth trying again?
Imagine the word "no". Now imagine its pixels actually being made of tinier instances of the word "no". Repeat the fractal process as necessary.

That resounding anti-endorsement aside, it's a bafflingly amusing watch to see SelenicMartian deadpan his way through an hour of nonsense content.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

SatansOnion posted:

I'm not about to call this a great game, or even a particularly good one, but I really liked it anyway --or at least, the parts where you wandered around and soaked in the charmingly surreal (if amateurish in execution) ambience, and the nifty soundtrack. You have a point about the game having disappointingly few opportunities to participate in music for a game that has so much to do with making music, and both plot and dialogue could have used the guidance of an editor; but damned if it doesn't have ambition, and I have a soft spot in my heart for works of art with more enthusiasm than competence :allears:

Thanks for the guided tour of The Norwood Suite! I look forward to your next project.

I can only agree with this.

Thanks.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Two good things about this game:

1) The game was either made by people that aren't programmers, or the programming was tackled by very few people. I think that's a good thing because they managed to release a functional product on a shoestring budget, with little technical expertise. This speaks volumes on how the tooling is so accessible nowadays, and how anyone with drive and an idea can at least try making a game and having their ideas heard.

2) The soundtrack was okay, especially on Off Peak, but I don't know for how much longer I could endure the same tracks over and over again.

And that's it? Granted 1) is not really something that the game did, but :shrug:

azsedcf
Jul 21, 2006

...a place of unlimited darkness.
"Where are the doors?" they asked nerviously.
Even my bellowing laughter couldn't fill this space.
God drat.... while the 'music?' is powerfully ok, the visuals remind me of a better game 9: The Last Resort which had better aged visuals than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do appreciate the surreality of the place, just as an experience. It's not something to come back to, but not all games have to be.

• Locked thread