Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OutofSight
May 4, 2017
So...
Was this the arthouse approach to "i plundered a unity assets library and threw some fancy (and not copyright protected) textures and music in it" ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

SelenicMartian posted:

The music is the one thing they can call their own. The game is like an artsy album wrapper made out of discarded packaging.

I am kind of intrigued by the idea of making a video game out of music from a concept album. The Who - Tommy - The Video Game

Could utterly fall flat on its face, but if this would work out somehow sometime in the future, it would be quite the experience. Maybe something between "walking simulator" (like "Gone Home", which used the music tracks to underline the narrative) and "Brütal Legend" with the world's internal logic and visuals being based on the genre.

SelenicMartian posted:

Freak Show by The Residents.

Amazing :allears:
(and i only watched some YT video.)

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 15, 2018

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
quote is not edit.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
#2 and #8

NGDBSS posted:

This game just loves being weird and pretentious to the point where it forgets to have a point.

"Art is suffering. So you better become a wage slave (with sweet benefits) at %Modulo" might work.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
#7 and #8

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

SelenicMartian posted:

I poo poo you not, next time we'll even see people walking in this game.

The sense of dread is overwhelming.
From what i have seen musicians don't make good visual artists, i guess they don't fare better in animation.

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

SatansOnion posted:

I'm not about to call this a great game, or even a particularly good one, but I really liked it anyway --or at least, the parts where you wandered around and soaked in the charmingly surreal (if amateurish in execution) ambience, and the nifty soundtrack. You have a point about the game having disappointingly few opportunities to participate in music for a game that has so much to do with making music, and both plot and dialogue could have used the guidance of an editor; but damned if it doesn't have ambition, and I have a soft spot in my heart for works of art with more enthusiasm than competence :allears:

Thanks for the guided tour of The Norwood Suite! I look forward to your next project.

I can only agree with this.

Thanks.

• Locked thread