Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

a former coworker told me that "slavery was a choice" because slaves could have just killed themselves. american conservativism is bafflingly hateful and selfish

Holy loving poo poo. :psypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Peanut Butler posted:

compost, you silly fucker

Yup. Kitchen scraps go via chickens for premium compost + bonus eggs & feathered friends.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

My trigger finger won't stop twitching.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

T-man posted:

what would the Android of guns be? An AK-47 that's been rooted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

PostNouveau posted:

What do you even do with something like that after the revolution?

Troop transport?

Permanently moored hospice for dying children. Namaste.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Nukes to Saudi A! posted:

Who would ubereats food to all the juries convicting us?

Independent labour engineers, signed up through the Scabbr app.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Maleh-Vor posted:

He didn't learn my name in a year even though I have the same name as him.

This is classic bastard boss dominance behaviour. :negative:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
How ethical is gold harvested from the decapitated bodies of elites?

Asking for a friend.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Shame Boy posted:

Just got invited to the first super fun time company team-building work from home happy hour, where we're all supposed to get on a conference call with a beer or something after work's over and pretend to like each other. I'm so glad we're finding ways to keep up employee morale in these trying times :patriot:

The bonding rituals will must continue until society improves.

I guess your boss has already been drinking and now needs to still feel in control of something.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Taintrunner posted:

and now the media wants to have their say

https://twitter.com/slate/status/1245620315998154753?s=21

ha ha, gently caress off

Goddamn.

Claiming ownership of natural monopolies like land, on the other hand, is definitely not selfish or short-sighted for strong reasons such as

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Rexicon1 posted:

checking in: how's capitalism doing?

it hungers

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
So when I eat the rich, is that considered a staple, an unprepared hot meal, a biscuit or pudding, or what?

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Its very fortunate that we have infinite amounts of energy and (usable) sand to support this constant re-development of socially less useful buildings, isn’t it.

Wait, what? :ohdear:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Shame Boy posted:

They're just honor-guarding their fallen brethren. :patriot:

(There's some bacon in the dumpster)

Rot Fuzz.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Don't give them a chair, though, as the cops will just take it and post photos of it on Facebook to show they're fighting homelessness by fighting the homeless.

Maybe we should eradicate homelessness, facebook, and cops.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Shame Boy posted:

The only thing conservatives like more than helping rich people is hurting poor people, and that will almost always win out regardless of the amount of lobbying.

I'd think the "hurting poor people" thing would get them more votes too, nobody's gonna vote for you if you announce you gave $20 billion to Chase Bank or whatever, but they will if you proudly announce that you've made your state's unemployment benefits so incredibly hard to access that virtually nobody's able to get them.

"Fatten the rich and oppress the poor" as a policy seems to work far too well for the Tories in the UK. :britain: :arghfist: :smith:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Shame Boy posted:

I feel like that'd make a good outraged BBC news headline, "Britain's disability so broken an AMERICAN has to help cover rent!!!"

The actual published headline would be "Untold number of benefit claimants receive undeclared additional funds from wealthy foreign benefactors, possibly totalling to billions!"

Followed by an article lauding the innovative new Dyson disability assessment bot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvPIV4WJBqY

(e: Thank you for helping your friend. I've only just survived a near-2 year period of not getting my disability benefits (they're doing this to near everyone I know in the same categories), and the appeal process is the most demeaning torturous uphill bullshit designed to make folks give up that one could conceivably design.)

ynohtna has issued a correction as of 17:14 on Apr 19, 2021

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
"I'm stimulating market demand for volcano-proof babies!" I scream as I kick another infant into the caldera, "You should consider me a hero!"

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Funny how the tweet says "researchers" but my brain reads "soothsayers".

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

jeebus bob posted:

Obvious hypocrisy and outright mendacity aside, IF she truly believed this it would make her a terrible businessperson.

They're not business people. They are narcissistic bullies who have carried over the abusive boomer parenting ideologies of "gently caress you, got mine", "I decide your worth" and "you shall celebrate me above all else in my house" over to the artificially constructed family of the workplace.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Thanatosian posted:

I cannot imagine the people building autonomous murder bots don't know what they're making.

I'm sure I saw a mini-doc a couple of years back where all the MIT grads when asked went cloudy-eyed and repeated near-verbatim "These modular accessory platforms are designed purely for freedom-oriented search and rescue missions as assured to us by Colonels Butcher, Gore and Killmonger to a sufficiently conscience-clearing threshold."

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Shame Boy posted:

I mean admittedly, detonating a big ol' nuke on the moon does sound really fun, like a fireworks show everyone on earth gets to see, and it's the moon so who cares. Sure it'd ruin any chance we have of extracting further useful science from studying the moon, but like... big pretty fireball! Come on scientists, can't you let us ruin one measly heavenly body? You have so many!

Thinking about it I guess you'd need at least two so people on the opposite side of the earth could see it too, and maybe another a few months later in case you missed it cuz it was cloudy where you were... hmm.

Zack Snyder faked the moon nuke. :tinfoil:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Soylent goon.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Dawncloack posted:

What will be the next one? Bioengineer our problems away?

Or will it be "everything has to have a leevee in it!!!!1!1!"?

~quantum machine learning~

the result is racism

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Milo and POTUS posted:

Literally forever because it sounds like it doesn't count towards their release. What a shithole lmao

Goddamn, quite literally "work sets you free."

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
You were only supposed to take the red light district "up market," not literally up, you dingbat!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
My "1 hour euthanasia, or your money back!" service is causing lots of anxiety that can be solved by my 1 hour euthanasia service.

Or your money back!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Jazerus posted:

goon: come ye birds and answer my riddles three
crows: lol gently caress off

if you wanna get a crow, you oughta get a otter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2VzLVGXxfY

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Failed Imagineer posted:

No it isn't, you'll have a healthy accumulation of microflora at the outer end of your urethra, regardless of how UTI-free the rest is. It won't be anything much to worry about, but it's by no means sterile

Speak for yourself, bud. I've got megaflora! :smugmrgw:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

3D Megadoodoo posted:

nobodysausage or Noble Knight cum Merlin short

Nice try, but I will not be searching for that!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
A Raytheon franchise on every corner.

(In NY they're called Boeingdegas.)

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Biplane posted:

Protip: if you know chinese you can use it when ordering chinese food. not always, but some times

NB: may not work if you learnt Chinese phrases from martial arts movies.

I now have a tea house that needs rebuilding and a life-debt to the local axe gang. :smith:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I don't need no National Geographic since finding Casual Geographic: https://www.youtube.com/@mndiaye_97/videos

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Goddamn perfidious junior programmers sabotaging the good intentions of their noble management!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Have they tried not being business owners?

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

HootTheOwl posted:

Frantically hoping that contractions count as two words when my patient says "I'm suicidal"

"Have you tried a McDonalds Happy Meal today?"

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

quote:

“Walking into a Target is a mild high in itself.”
"Micro"-doser spotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
"Please starve so I don't" — financial planners.