Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Epic High Five posted:

hippies were and are absolute scum, you can tell because the music they like is some of the worst poo poo ever put out in history

also their weed sucked poo poo and was weak as hell, unforgivable imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
*Pulls mass of hair and detritus from sink drain*

"Excuse me, high times? Have I got a strain for you!"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

mawarannahr posted:

Seattle is lonely...

Going from my experiences online dating in the area I can imagine why

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Alobar posted:

business owners get very little

only a loving work force to do their bidding

won't someone please think of the rich people? T_T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej7dfPL7Kho

I've said this for years but most people probably shouldn't be small business owners, because they're not very good at it and many only succeed through labor law carveouts that make it easier to exploit their workforce. Small business owners getting their knobs slobbed by the nation's media and politicians is loving stupid. Small businesses aren't inherently better than big companies, except that you can see the rear end in a top hat who wants to gently caress you over for more money, instead of it being an abstract

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
ah yes, like the poor old lady landlords that need to be protected from the tyranny of tenant's rights

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I used to work at a Hollywood video and it sucked because they didn't have games. But I did get a lot of cheap rear end DVDs, and my dad still tells people to this day how much he and my step-family loved getting Joe Dirt as a Christmas present. They wore out the tape so I got them the DVD and I am pretty sure he still watches it from time to time

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i bought a bunch of tropical fish for insanely cheap at petco, and one immediately died, but the rest i bred into fabulous colorations

I started out with white / black / dalmatian / gold and in the end had a fuckin green one and silver and a goddamn galaxy rear end black with iridescent scales one and they costed like $6 total. I think there were like at least 50 at one point there were too many to easily count.

welp that's my petco story

After several years of working there all I can say is that the selling of animals via Petco is insanely unethical and I hope everyone from district manager on up burns in hell forever

e: that's my petco story

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

HashtagGirlboss posted:

The ones where I live don’t sell any live animals (maybe fish?) but that might be a state law thing

Petco has "Petco unleashed" which is a smaller version which doesn't sell animals (and they don't sell cats and dogs, period, though they do host adoption events for local shelters or may have some shelter cats living at the store for adoption. This is one of the few good things they do wrt animals).

Anyway if you go to work for Petco you will get some initial training on how to appropriately care for animals, how to sell them, and be told that you have every right to refuse sale to people who do not appear to have any interest in keeping good care of the animal or say questionable things about keeping them. Then you will have otj training in which all of that is thrown out the window and you see how many corners are cut to make up for the fact that Petco (a company whose DMs and regional managers frequently brag about how much money they, the company, are making) refuses to staff the stores appropriately or provide adequate time to take proper care of the animals. I have seen horrendous conditions and often was reprimanded for not spending more time with customers despite the fact that "animals come first."

And then there's the fact that Petco sells relatively exotic animals with very specific care requirements, knowing that the average person on the street is not equipped to care for them. I frequently had cases where a customer would refuse to listen to me as I described what it would take to appropriately house an animal, and insisted that they knew what they were doing and actually the tiny cheap habitat they were buying would be entirely sufficient for the bearded dragon or the ball python they wanted. And of course if you tried to say, no, that's not acceptable to meet the minimum standard of care that animal needs, it's time to complain to the store manager, who will walk over and undermine you and say "oh it's fine, they'll come back for a more appropriate habitat later" (lol). The fact is that people who actually know what they're doing don't buy animals from Petco, and Petco should stick to animals that are appropriate for beginners and easy to care for and not sell poo poo like burnese pythons or monitor lizards to people who ask nicely. Tbh they (burmese pythons) shouldn't be sold to anyone, anywhere

Just disgusting hypocrisy and lack of concern for animal welfare all the way down. absolutely disgusting company that tries to project this happy image of responsible animal welfare practices which of course is just utterly warped by capitalism.jpg

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that seems excessive only if you aren't familiar with how unbelievably terrible people can be to their pets.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Weatherman posted:

especially with birds. motherfuckers think "oh hay all I need is a cage that's five inches bigger than the bird itself and to put birdseed in every day and then I'll have cheerful tweeting for a few years" and only a few years, if that, because you've condemned a smart animal who needs regular exercise and interaction with its own kind and a diet that's not 50% fat to a sedentary life of lonely misery

"Hey, if you're getting a parakeet, please don't use non-stick cookware"

"no"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

one day this all will repeat
i sure hope they make something useful
out of me

Personally I hope they make something awful out of me

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
"I'm not mad, I'm not mad!" I continue to insist as I turn into a little ball of rage

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Thank God those machines are saving them so much money on labor

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Whooping Crabs posted:

How many of you also have those flashing blue light towers in the parking lot of your local Walmart/Target/grocery that mimic a police car?

Ours sits there and periodically yells "THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
How much could a banana cost? Ten dollars?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Was he checking you out or "checking you out?"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
When I had my first apartment, it had a lot of lovely tenants, and for a couple years I was able to negotiate my way out of rent increases because I was quiet and paid my rent on time every month. When I gave my apt manager notice I was leaving, she practically begged me to stay and offered to give me a small break in rent. Lol, the market works! I just checked and the rent there has increased roughly 400% since I was there about 15 years ago. Completely reasonable compared to inflation and wage increases, right???

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I wish weed stores around here had that because having as much cash on hand as they do is a massive liability and safety issue for their employees and also it's personally inconvenient for me. Although this new place opened and they sponsor weird movie nights at the local indie cinema and have the lowest ATM fees of any ATM I've seen since the 00s (like 1.50)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dog Case posted:

The joke is buying it at a grocery store when it's like half the price at a tribal gas station

Ever been to the Longhouse on the way out to Sequim/PA? That place is the champagne of tribal gas stations, cleanest bathrooms I've ever seen, cheap booze and an amazing wine selection, and an in house sandwich shop with hot sides. Always a guaranteed stop if we're headed out to the peninsula for something

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think you can get smart phones through life link and poo poo but I actually think that's pretty bad because the homeless already have a lot of awful poo poo to deal with without having an addictive mental illness device in their pockets

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
We should bring back pagers imo

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

crack ping intensifies

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
There's undoubtedly some poo poo going on with "charity" and "tax writeoffs" with a lot of that, too.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
They resisted by posting tweets and then when turnp lost everything got magically fixed and it was time to go back 2 brunch

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dog Case posted:

Oh yeah after the first year of covid they gave us hoodies in the wrong size with our name and company logo and "We Survived" on them

The water bottles and pens and stuff they gave us for free were dollar store tier plastic garbage. When I got a certificate for Good At Job the frame had a bunch of double sided tape and tape residue all over it because they just pulled down somebody else's certificate so they could use the frame

Hope they gave free coffins to the families of those that didn't survive with "I died" on them

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
They don't think that far ahead. It's because they hate and want to control women op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

mawarannahr posted:

this is why they liked Bernie Sanders at the town hall

Liz Warren was very brave to speak up how she did. that dang bernie and his bros

e: this isn't the funny politics poo poo you remember thread but that was a pretty big lmao moment. big time wwe backstage skit energy, like it was the rock refusing to shake stone cold's hand or something lol