Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

tokin opposition posted:

i'm going to teach cows to code and make trillions of dollars

just call me john von moo'in

cows have best friends John

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

mawarannahr posted:

what if they made stable diffusion for food and your microwave 3D prints some hosed up thing that’s possibly edible

yeah I've been to Applebee's

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

drat.

She forgot to add the word "reddit" to her queries to make sure she got useful results

r/richpeoplecrimes is blacked out unfortunately

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Tiggum posted:

I don't know how maintenance requests for rental properties work wherever you live, but here the standard procedure is to write an email. So instead of writing "the kitchen tap is leaking, please send a plumber to fix it" the real estate agency now wants us to go to their website and try to figure out how the gently caress to get a chatbot to send that email on our behalf, give up, and put up with the leaky tap forever until the end of the one year lease period at which time they'll raise the rent and I'll have to move again.

minus a security deposit because that faucet didn't leak when you moved in

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

does it have a hidden dead man's switch full of acid for when that show gets pulled?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
isn't that particular building low-income or rent controlled or something?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

Agreed. Those elections happened in 1976, 1984, and 1992.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

cash crab posted:

sometimes i kind of enjoy being poor

so you can inherit your parents millions more efficiently duh

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Shame Boy posted:

Clearly the tenants are committing violence against the property by not paying and refusing to leave

https://twitter.com/TikTokInvestors/status/1702450936348660152

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
all the new wawas have charging stations but they're 100% tesla chargers so lol

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Shame Boy posted:

They're finally opening them up now that they forced everyone else to re-standardize on their stupid plug

is the tesla plug materially worse I've never actually looked into it

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

anti colonization aktion

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
they'd choose landlords over the pregnant any day, open palm windmill slam that would cook a chicken

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I can think of at least 100 to 200 things that AI could do that are way scarier than that

same but they're all writing ratfic

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Coolness Averted posted:

fun fact yudkowsky actually accepts all of the dumbest premises of roko's basilisk, he just doesn't think anyone who posts on his forums is important enough to be reverse causality blackmailed by a benevolent AI

I thought bc of the spurious nature of the theory they're all being tortured in the right now future and don't know it

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
bulk discount abortions

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Professor Beetus posted:

"Hey, if you're getting a parakeet, please don't use non-stick cookware"

"no"

if my blood is going to be full of dupont toxins so is that damned bird's

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ruffian Price posted:

How in the hell is the US the last country to get Mountain Dew SodaStream syrup? You can import a bottle from loving Bhutan

Americans can't be trusted with the dew

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

cash crab posted:

hey i have a question wrt grocery stores. there is a cop at the entrance of my grocery store at all times. i feel like the stupid answer as to why this is because of large thefts but I worked in a grocery store and we got robbed all the time, and i don’t see why the presence of a gun would make that situation better since the guys holding us up usually had guns too.

why is the cop there then? is it to scare people? i was waiting for a woman to get out of the way so i could put my cart back and said cop was getting an apb about a mostly naked guy with two guns nearby and i feel like maybe he should be taking care of that rather than patrolling the grocery store.

he's probably off duty double dipping ot

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

not even good pickles or jam or peanut butter, I'm sure if I knew poo poo about packing peanuts those would be garbage too

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Shame Boy posted:

What if you just pick the cart up and carry it over the line in the parking lot, what if that

thta usually works as does a magnet

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

The fishing cops will stop you. Duh.

don't gently caress with dnr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Shame Boy posted:

If there wasn't an AI amazon wouldn't have even run these stupid-rear end stores to begin with so no, they wouldn't

The specific quote was 700 out of every 1000 "sales", which is not specific enough a term to interpret the way you're interpreting it.

lots of dumb mechanical turk poo poo exists, like that awful dancing tesla ot from a few years back