Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

a thread was derailed earlier in a copular-involved tangent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

webcams for christ posted:

that's brutal. I thought the 2023 subsidies were supposed to reduce this cliff?

all programs for the poor exist for this reason: as propaganda to assure people who are not quite as poor that this country does anything for the less fortunate

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

when I post that means it’s not illegal

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

now I want to see a gritty police procedural about young, beautiful, hyper competent loss prevention agents with troubled personal lives

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

BonHair posted:

What the gently caress is a cashless ATM machine? It's literally an automated teller machine, which lets you withdraw cash. The entire point is the cash. What does it even do?

it’s an empty atm

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

The Nastier Nate posted:

i was perfeclty fine with the unspoken agreement of Target gets to hire less cashiers and i do my own manual labor of checking out in exchange for "forgetting" to scan 3 or 4 things in my cart

turns out capital wasn’t

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

500excf type r posted:

You're vastly underestimating "police" as a unified whole and how much the logistics and support networks matter when it comes to fighting. Police have it, right now, all across the US. They have it on the municipal, state, and federal levels and they all view themselves as a single team against everyone else. US soldiers post societal collapse will have no support network, no logistical supplies, no command and control. All the fitness and discipline standards in the world won't matter when you don't have food or clean water.

cops got their assess kicked by a spontaneous uprising in 2020 and are constantly shown to be cowards. they’re karens with guns whose threadbare sense of solidarity is entirely reliant on being the only untouched budget line in a dying system.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Shame Boy posted:

Some people go to Target because they like it though.

back in my day we called this astroturfing

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

I wouldn’t move back either if I was rich and had already severed all my local connections

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

honey, can you do the cancer dance again, the lighting wasn’t great on that last take

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

protest should be safe, legal, and rare

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

tokin opposition posted:

Goons not understanding that de jure means nothing

not how I like my steak but w/e

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

🥶

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

jetz0r posted:

Remember when all the leaders of the Ferguson BLM protests committed suicide?

And how a bunch of leaders of the 2020 George Floyd protests also decided to shoot themselves in their burning car, or lynch themselves?

Anyways, you see that new show on Netflix?

yah there was one about an octopus and a bunch of other people who randomly went dead

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Paladinus posted:

Ever heard of think tanks?

im thinking tanks at you right now >:-(

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Bald Stalin posted:

The best part is how they'll leave key functionality out of the browser webapp just to force you to install the thick client

*thicc

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

drat I drive a perfectly spherical van

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

:pwn:

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

qft (middle)

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

amazing

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

someday I hope to learn the story of numbers guy

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

i am harry posted:

now, i don’t want to sound like i don’t think Boeing killed this man…but

then don’t?

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Shame Boy posted:

I looked it up and he's specifically saying they should build the factories that make Iron Dome components, so it's less "build the bombs that kill them" and more "build the thing that prevents them from shooting back" which I'm sure would work out just great.

imagine a perfectly spherical economy…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Orange Devil posted:

Glad we agree on Vietnam and China.

yes they are ftw