Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Away all Goats has issued a correction as of 19:20 on Jul 15, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Comptroll The Forums posted:

LOL at millennials freaking out that they can't all have medical care and decent homes while the top 1% hoard wealth. That's how the entire world has always operated. As bad as baby boomers are, millennials are just as bad for fetishizing 1950's middle class America and thinking that was some kind of normal and sustainable way of life that didn't require constant warfare and exploitation of severely impoverished people. Sorry about your student loan debts but you're still better off than 5 billion people in Asia, Africa and South and Central America.

Hopefully the generation or two after millennials will realize what medieval peasants always knew: sharecropping ain't so bad as long as you can gently caress and make fart jokes, and if you're lucky the king just might discard an apple core near your feet. Just because more things have been invented since the 1200's doesn't mean everybody just gets to have it, just like when Europeans found pepper it didn't mean every dirt farmer suddenly had a pepper grinder in their little hut. 200 years from now history books will reflect on mid-late 1900's America as an aberrant period of decadence fueled by racism and jingoism, followed by a return to normalcy. If they're lucky, literacy rates will also drop off enough that the working class won't have to hear about it.

But hey, if talking about taking down the man and ending capitalism gets your rocks off, enjoy it. History shows that any time a bad regime ends it was immediately replaced by a perfect and benevolent regime and never changed ever again. It's the last generation that has all the assholes, there won't be any more assholes after we get rid of those!

nice meltdown

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Inept posted:

We used to have Pizza Hut available at our school every single day lol

There was also a vending machine that had Subway sandwiches

Wow who knew a Sandwich Artist® could fit in a vending machine?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rock Puncher posted:

found some capitalism in the wild

I'm the 'expert level' pay

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/eightbitsamurai/status/1018972706555944960

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ate all the Oreos posted:

Crosspostin' from yospos:
lmao

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

^^ lol

Tetracube posted:

lmao at google+ being anywhere near that high

this survey was blatantly done by google employees

Maybe they're counting gmail as google+? only thing I can think of that isn't straight up lies

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

g0lbez posted:

It's kind of weird that we can openly poo poo talk the president of our country but if we accidently let slip what megacorp we work for there's a real chance you could get fired out of nowhere

[that voltaire quote thats probably not really from voltaire]

edit: Oh turns out its from a white nationalist pedophile. Nice

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Inzombiac posted:

Also remember that large parts of China are 100% fine with killing millions of sharks for their fins to make soup.

No, they don't use the whole shark, they slice the fin off and toss them in the water to die.

I believe NBA star Yao Ming started a campaign to stop this practice. Allegedly a lot of people didn't know the sharks were killed in this process. Last I read it didn't really cause the practice to lose any steam.

I have good news for you
https://www.upworthy.com/thanks-to-yao-ming-killing-sharks-for-their-fins-is-down-50-and-hes-just-getting-started

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

:hmmyes:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lol

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

more like capitalism.txt

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

TheMostFrench posted:

I've been going to interviews for a marketing company recently, they explained that they had a new HQ and are looking for people who can manage the new expansions etc. After inviting me back twice because I 'progressed to the next interview stage', they have revealed that the work will be door to door fundraising. I need my own business number because I will be hired as an independent contractor, and the pay is 100% commission so I might make zero dollars in a bad week. I get the feeling that they have very fast turnover, but I can't afford to be picky right now because I've had no other job offers.

e: Also, the HR person who set up my interview referred to the guy who interviewed me by the wrong name, he was an asian man, and based on their business facebook page she is in a few photos with another asian guy, so it suddenly feels like everyone is very replaceable and it isn't worth learning names.

You would be better off applying to McDonalds and working your way up to managerial position than being a literal door-to-door 100% commission salesman.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2tJCkNsgYc

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

GamingHyena posted:

Normal Brain: Hiring someone for child care is expensive.
Galaxy Brain: What if my au pair paid ME???

Fully equipped basement unless you need to eat food

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

popewiles posted:

Lol the government is in no rush to relieve student loan debt.

holy poo poo

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hail Satan

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

from the cursed images thread

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

hackbunny posted:

gyros is pork and shawarma is lamb ffs

shawarma is a cooking/serving method, not a type of meat.

edit: ok they're all related to 'vertical rotating meat'

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/08/verizon-throttled-fire-departments-unlimited-data-during-calif-wildfire/

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/Choplogik/status/1032739698274230272

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Oscar Wild posted:

They are different. You can't live on minimum wage. They should name it zombie wage, or skeleton wage.

"i'd pay you less but that would be illegal" wage

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

What if I value a job that makes me happy

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Screaming Idiot posted:

This is hilarious, the only way it could have been funnier is if it hit him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9USKP0f2o

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

babypolis posted:

the world makes a lot more sense once you start assuming everyone is a loving lazy moron just whinging it 90% of the time

I'm pretty sure realizing this is the actual first step into adulthood

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://i.imgur.com/MwQiJ5K.gifv

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tetracube posted: